Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 24, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #5,176 of 6,444
I just watched Ergo Proxy.
I like the plot a lot, but it was somehow very dull. I literally had trouble to keep my eyes open. And I don't think that's only caused by lack of sleep; I have watched other anime with a lot more succes while being far more sleepy.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it outright boring, but it was a bit dull.

Currently watching Chobits. So far I like it, except for the extreme reactions the protagonist has on everything. I hate it when they do that.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #5,177 of 6,444

Quote:
I just watched Ergo Proxy.
I like the plot a lot, but it was somehow very dull. I literally had trouble to keep my eyes open. And I don't think that's only caused by lack of sleep; I have watched other anime with a lot more succes while being far more sleepy.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it outright boring, but it was a bit dull.

Currently watching Chobits. So far I like it, except for the extreme reactions the protagonist has on everything. I hate it when they do that.

That's funny, I liked Ergo Proxy and fell asleep with Chobits. God it was boring.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #5,178 of 6,444
That's funny, I liked Ergo Proxy and fell asleep with Chobits. God it was boring.

Well I'm on 3rd episode, so I can't say how it's going to be for the entire series.
Up until now the story is pretty dry, but it has it's amusing moments. I don't think it's gonna be very good though.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #5,179 of 6,444

Quote:
Well I'm on 3rd episode, so I can't say how it's going to be for the entire series.
Up until now the story is pretty dry, but it has it's amusing moments. I don't think it's gonna be very good though.

You'll be surprised:

It's always like that.

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #5,182 of 6,444
yes, coffee helps

I prefer energy drinks; they are more convenient (my parents don't appreciate it when I make coffee at 1 AM). And furthermore they cost very little at about 5 euros per tray of 24.
But caffeine is caffeine, and it is indeed very helpful at times :p

The thing is however that I fell asleep at Ergo Proxy even when watching it in the afternoon as well as under the influence of caffeine late at night.
It's like magic. The only show that ever had the same effect on me was Star Trek: The Original Series.

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #5,183 of 6,444

Quote:
I prefer energy drinks; they are more convenient (my parents don't appreciate it when I make coffee at 1 AM). And furthermore they cost very little at about 5 euros per tray of 24.
But caffeine is caffeine, and it is indeed very helpful at times :p

The thing is however that I fell asleep at Ergo Proxy even when watching it in the afternoon as well as under the influence of caffeine late at night.
It's like magic. The only show that ever had the same effect on me was Star Trek: The Original Series.

I enjoy my expensive Instant. But I make a single cup last me 4, so it lasts a very long time.

Energy drinks are expensive.

24 cup for $6
1 can coffee, 100 cups for me $3
1 can instant, 300 cups $8

But I also add in sweetener, so that's $6 for the 300 cups. So $14 for 300 cups of cofffee

But I do enjoy a energy drink when out in the town.

I fall asleep listening to music. I'm the type of person who can' simply listen to music, I need to do something while I do.

I just got back from a long walk listening to the new Nevermind. It's amazing.

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #5,184 of 6,444

Quote:

Yay that's good news for me, I'm getting tired of reading it every week in hopes that it will either get better, or end.

Man, I keep on reading that Einstein Lied thread as Elfen Lied.
tongue.gif

You to? man i thought i was the only one.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #5,185 of 6,444
I enjoy my expensive Instant. But I make a single cup last me 4, so it lasts a very long time.

Energy drinks are expensive.

24 cup for $6
1 can coffee, 100 cups for me $3
1 can instant, 300 cups $8

But I also add in sweetener, so that's $6 for the 300 cups. So $14 for 300 cups of cofffee

But I do enjoy a energy drink when out in the town.

I fall asleep listening to music. I'm the type of person who can' simply listen to music, I need to do something while I do.

I just got back from a long walk listening to the new Nevermind. It's amazing.

I do enjoy coffee more and I realize it's cheaper. It's just that I don't have a coffee machine in my room, so I would have to go downstairs in the middle of the night to get a cup. Possibly waking my parents in the process.

I don't like instant coffee on the other hand. Maybe I should just get a proper coffee machine, I can't imagine they cost that much.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #5,186 of 6,444

Quote:
I do enjoy coffee more and I realize it's cheaper. It's just that I don't have a coffee machine in my room, so I would have to go downstairs in the middle of the night to get a cup. Possibly waking my parents in the process.

I don't like instant coffee on the other hand. Maybe I should just get a proper coffee machine, I can't imagine they cost that much.

You can pick up a cheap coffee maker for $10 at some places.

Don't go the "french press" or any other route. Ask a true coffee lover, and he will tell you why the drip coffee maker is the best.

I met a old coffee roaster, has been brewing the stuff for his entire life. He uses a walmart $5 drip maker that's been through hell and back.

I like the instant, because it's just half a teaspoon and two cups of water for me. You don't need a maker, just pour it in and stir.
Hot water helps though. I like my coffee cold and sweet.

Let's take this into the Anime:

I take my coffee like Dewey Novack does, one cup with three sugars. It's a perfect balance.
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #5,187 of 6,444

Quote:
yes, coffee helps

Not really a huge caffeine person anymore actually (save when I have some coding homework).

Since you guys have been discussing the best bang for buck caffeine solution though, I highly suggest 5150 energy.  Their costs have increased slightly, but the 32oz jug seems to still be reasonable.

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #5,188 of 6,444
Don't buy energy drinks. Way to overpriced.

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #5,189 of 6,444
You can pick up a cheap coffee maker for $10 at some places.

Don't go the "french press" or any other route. Ask a true coffee lover, and he will tell you why the drip coffee maker is the best.

I met a old coffee roaster, has been brewing the stuff for his entire life. He uses a walmart $5 drip maker that's been through hell and back.

I like the instant, because it's just half a teaspoon and two cups of water for me. You don't need a maker, just pour it in and stir.
Hot water helps though. I like my coffee cold and sweet.

Let's take this into the Anime:

I take my coffee like Dewey Novack does, one cup with three sugars. It's a perfect balance.
biggrin.gif

Ah I hate those French press things, they taste terrible. Same is true for those Moka pots.
Most of those Senseo things taste pretty bad too, although that's also largely dependent on the pads you use.

I don't see why you would do it in any other way than just normal drip coffee.
Unless you have one of those fancy espresso machines.

We usually drink Lavazza 100% arabica espresso coffee. It's quite good, and cheap too if you buy it in bulks. Still nowhere near your 100 cups per $3.
Maybe because I tend to make quite strong coffee?

I remember when I first started drinking coffee I made my coffee just like L's: black, with more sugar than coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back