Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 14, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #3,571 of 6,444

Quote:
absolutely agree, i dont get how some people think its over rated 
confused_face(1).gif

not to mention i had heard nothing about it when i watched it. i only downloaded it because THORA had released it

Damn seriously? Talk about coincidence my sisters from the bay called me up 2am this morning just to howl mad at me because of the ending they just finished it. imo for me it was one of best anime plot, I've watched this since it was 07/08 when it was airing and to this point nothing has come close.

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #3,572 of 6,444

Quote:
Nearing the end of Code Geass. I've never experienced such a hard hitting anime. This is great stuff, highly recommended.

Quote:
absolutely agree, i dont get how some people think its over rated 
confused_face(1).gif

not to mention i had heard nothing about it when i watched it. i only downloaded it because THORA had released it

Damn seriously? Talk about coincidence my sisters from the bay called me up 2am this morning just to howl mad at me because of the ending they just finished it. imo for me it was one of best anime plot, I've watched this since it was 07/08 when it was airing and to this point nothing has come close.

Sep 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #3,574 of 6,444
Question, is Code Geass a single season, 25 episodes?

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #3,576 of 6,444

Quote:
I <3 Code Geass. Now if only they would release the Blu-ray in the states.....
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="1" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/frown.gif" title="
frown.gif
" width="1" />

definitely! its way to expensive and lacking in subs to order it from japan.

Quote:
Question, is Code Geass a single season, 25 episodes?

Quote:
Two seasons, both 25 eps long IIRC.

Yes, though the first season is definitely much better, not that the second is bad.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #3,577 of 6,444
Excellent. Another season to enjoy, even if it isn't quite so good.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #3,582 of 6,444

Quote:
Some of my favorites:

Maria-sama ga Miteru
Simoun
Kashimashi
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito
Kannazuki no Miko
Nanoha / Nanoha As / Nanoha Strikers
Blue Drop

Yeah... guess what anime sub-genre I'm into. 
rolleyes.gif

Nice to see a fellow yuri fan.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #3,583 of 6,444

Quote:
  The last anime series i've truly enjoyed is Kaiba. Since then, nothing has picked my interest. I do admit having peculiar preferences (my fav anime series are Lain, Texhnolize, Ergo Proxy and Elfen Lied) but the industry has just become too mainstream. I am also tired of death note, which imo was a bad manga and an even worse anime, and all its clones (like code geass). 

Try Tatami Galaxy? Or Kino no Tabi? Or maybe Kurenai?
If not, Trapeze, Monster, or Paranoia Agent?
Not that these are particularly similar to the things you've listed (top 3 are fairly similar), but I like psychological stuff too, although I prefer Haibane to Lain.

FWIW, IIRC there's a new program coming out from the guys who did Lain called Despera. There are rumours it was cancelled, but I've never seen a source. 

The movie Colorful (which wont be out for a while) MIGHT be up your alley.

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #3,584 of 6,444

Quote:
Try Tatami Galaxy? Or Kino no Tabi? Or maybe Kurenai?
If not, Trapeze, Monster, or Paranoia Agent?
Not that these are particularly similar to the things you've listed (top 3 are fairly similar), but I like psychological stuff too, although I prefer Haibane to Lain.

FWIW, IIRC there's a new program coming out from the guys who did Lain called Despera. There are rumours it was cancelled, but I've never seen a source. 

The movie Colorful (which wont be out for a while) MIGHT be up your alley.

Thanks for your recommendations, i haven't seen Tatami Galaxy or Trapeze (which seems a little too hardcore 
tongue_smile.gif
 but i will try it anyway). I enjoyed the rest of your recommendations, especially Monster which i loved for its unfaltering idealism (i see it like the opposite execution of the same idea to Death Note). As for Haibane Renmei, well there we will agree to disagree, as the conservatism of its philosophy really struck a nerve in me.

Despera is also a project i was unaware of, i hope it doesn't turn out to be another Ghost Hound. I am also looking out for something good to come out from Dai Sato, as i loved Wolf's Rain, Casshern (the live action) and of course Ergo Proxy, but i found Towards the Terra rather underwhelming.

Two other relatively new shows i've enjoyed somewhat are Gilgamesh and Kurozuka. The first could be great if not for the mediocre artwork and the writers obsession to create another Evangellion. The second was more of a guilty pleasure  i guess 
biggrin.gif
. I liked the unique presentation but it was probably the cyberpunk elements that did it for me.

Sep 15, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #3,585 of 6,444
Tatami Galaxy is from the same guys as Kaiba IIRC, as is another show called Kemonozume, which you might also enjoy. Although the ideas are somewhat different, the execution is similar for Tatami and Kaiba.

Some people prefer Tatami to Kaiba, however I am strongly in the Kaiba camp.

I also disliked Ghost Hound. It certainly seemed promising in the first episode or so, but I quickly fell out of interest after it became psych 101.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back