Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 12, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #3,556 of 6,444
Too many good anime's lol ( I have seen more then 60 series ) 

I really enjoyed the following

Clannad 
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Elfen Lied 

I enjoy the phycological and flipped out kind of animes but an occasional drama is nice too.

Currently watching "gunslinger girl Season 2" and I think they ruined it :frowning2: I loved the first season but then they switch studios and directors and everything on the 2nd season and IMO ruined the story. 

Here is a list of anime I have seen if anyones interested: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/gatepc

Sep 12, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #3,557 of 6,444
Anyone watching amagami? Can't believe they actually turned this #%#$ game into anime.
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #3,558 of 6,444

Quote:
Too many good anime's lol ( I have seen more then 60 series ) 

I really enjoyed the following

Clannad 
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Elfen Lied 

I enjoy the phycological and flipped out kind of animes but an occasional drama is nice too.

Currently watching "gunslinger girl Season 2" and I think they ruined it :frowning2: I loved the first season but then they switch studios and directors and everything on the 2nd season and IMO ruined the story. 

Here is a list of anime I have seen if anyones interested: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/gatepc

You gave Bokurano a 4? Craaaaaaaaaaazzyy.

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #3,559 of 6,444
I thought Bokurano was terrible as well but I hated clannad, higurashi AND elfen lied. I agree with him on giving 5cm/s a low score, although the drawings are GORGEOUS, it's just a very bad film IMO. Disappointed he gave Dennou Coil and Texhnolyze such low scores.

I watched the short film Kigeki the other day, and found it an interesting look at what I believe to be Erlkönig. A very easy watch at about 10 minutes in length. Not quite as good as La Maison en Petit Cubes, but totally different anyway.

Quote:
loveholic said:

Anyone watching amagami? Can't believe they actually turned this #%#$ game into anime.
biggrin.gif

Man, the characters are just awful. Imouto is the only worthwhile one and there's no arc for her (Even though in the game her arc is one of the few namedrops along with IIRC Kaoru and that woman from the first arc). Dropped it fairly quickly.

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #3,561 of 6,444

Quote:
I do love anime, but im currently watching the young ninja, Naruto. do you guys think its overrated? 

I personally could not get through more than three episodes of it, but I'm very much not the target audience.  It's stupidly popular, with a veritable army of costumed fans showing up at the convention here in Seattle, so to each their own. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #3,562 of 6,444

Quote:
Heartcatch Precure.

Cute girls doing cute things, then beating up monsters in hand-to-hand combat.

Apparently, flower power gives little Japanese school girls Saiyan strength and power.

Have you watch Nanoha and Faith? its a version of Dragonball Z with wands and pigtails, its so uber soo lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMT481tWwvU&feature=related

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #3,563 of 6,444
I've been too lazy to pick up Nanoha, but it is on my list of anime to watch.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #3,564 of 6,444

Quote:

You gave Bokurano a 4? Craaaaaaaaaaazzyy.

Yep everyone has different taste. Just not my style personally.

Quote:
I thought Bokurano was terrible as well but I hated clannad, higurashi AND elfen lied. I agree with him on giving 5cm/s a low score, although the drawings are GORGEOUS, it's just a very bad film IMO. Disappointed he gave Dennou Coil and Texhnolyze such low scores.

I watched the short film Kigeki the other day, and found it an interesting look at what I believe to be Erlkönig. A very easy watch at about 10 minutes in length. Not quite as good as La Maison en Petit Cubes, but totally different anyway.

Man, the characters are just awful. Imouto is the only worthwhile one and there's no arc for her (Even though in the game her arc is one of the few namedrops along with IIRC Kaoru and that woman from the first arc). Dropped it fairly quickly.

Like I said above everyone has there own taste. I liked higurashi for making you think about why this stuff is happening until the 2nd season where they explain it. Yeah I thought 5cm/s was overrated.  Dennou Coil was unique with the story line but it just seemed like it was missing something to me. I hated texhnolyzed unless I was missing episodes or something. Seemed liked nothing happaned the whole show maybe I missed something?  Also my ratings are not like others. 5/10 is average ( not bad just average ) anything above 5 is better then average anything below is worse then average for me. 9/10 is nearly or is perfect. 7/8 is really good. anything below 5 is generally horrible.  Of course everyone has there own opinions and I am just sharing my own. 

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #3,567 of 6,444
Nearing the end of Code Geass. I've never experienced such a hard hitting anime. This is great stuff, highly recommended.

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #3,570 of 6,444
  The last anime series i've truly enjoyed is Kaiba. Since then, nothing has picked my interest. I do admit having peculiar preferences (my fav anime series are Lain, Texhnolize, Ergo Proxy and Elfen Lied) but the industry has just become too mainstream. I am also tired of death note, which imo was a bad manga and an even worse anime, and all its clones (like code geass). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back