Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 2, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #3,526 of 6,444

Quote:
No kidding!

Now how are they going to screw it up?
tongue.gif

Let's hope not...

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #3,528 of 6,444
Rewatching the original Evangelion for lols. Going to go see Evangelion 2.0 in the cinema when it comes out in a few weeks. Sure it came out a while back but it's good to see it's being played in a cinema at all, even if it's late.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #3,529 of 6,444
Quote:
     Quote:

More importantly though, serious shows have gotten away from the episodic format that dominated when Bebop was made and have settled on a far more serialized format. Casual viewers prefer the episodic format since the show remains comprehensible even with missed episodes. Core viewers prefer more serialized shows as plot arcs that last longer than 20 minutes are more rewarding.

I think this is largely for the better. Many episodic shows do it quite poorly (as an example, I think Mushishi handled itself extremely poorly and wasted a bucket load of potential).

If I can namedrop (again) Kaiba does it expertly, because a different facet of the thematic content of the show is explored in each of the 7 episodic episodes (although the series does come together quite nicely in an ending which is designed to disorient).

PS everyone should have watched Kaiba.

It's certainly an anime you need to think about to appreciate, so it's not for those who dont like "DEEP" anime (since it examines the human conditions, the value of identity and memories) and is filled with symbolism

On a totally different subject; waiting for Unlimited Blade Works to turn up (lol)

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #3,530 of 6,444
Just started Code Geass. Only 2 episodes in and I'm hooked. Good stuff.

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #3,534 of 6,444
I thought it would be the other way around with Kanade being yandere and all.

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #3,536 of 6,444

Quote:
does anyone else think that high school of the dead has gone down hill quite a bit in the last 3 or 4 episodes?? im getting to the point where im going to stop watching it

Yes. It has dropped off. I'm going to stick with it a while longer and see how it turns out.

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #3,537 of 6,444
I'll disagree. I liked episodes 8* and 10, mainly because they took HOTD out of the fantasy power trip zone. 9 was pretty much more of the same compared to earlier episodes.

* 8 required some suspension of disbelief regarding the fence. I chalked it up to animation error as a few more steel cables would have made the fence impassable for the group.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #3,538 of 6,444
I dropped HotD after episode 1... lol. Did the same to K-on S2 when I saw that it was the same crap again, rather than actually about being music.

Finished Kino no Tabi a while ago and liked it more than Mushishi, working on getting LOGH finished again (havent seen it since the early 00s).

Slowly working through Freedom, Flag and Trapeze, which I've put off because I've been busy.

I tried to watch GitS (Never could get into it), but the blatant plagiarism in the OST was just too much to handle.

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #3,539 of 6,444
Heh...ya know, MrGreen, I think my tastes are pretty much diametrically opposite of yours.

Got through the last bit of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood last night.  Good show, but while I was pretty entertained and definitely think it was worth it, the series never really totally blew me away.  I think it was a little challenging for me to really get emotionally invested in because the situations were fairly predictable in that the protagonists would continually seem to get some advantage, but inevitably there was some super strong antagonist or sinister plan that suddenly made that advantage short-lived or moot.  That happens in a lot of series, but it seemed a continual roller coaster of that, which may have to do with the writing style and being closer to the situations in the manga.  I do have to say that the story seemed a lot more cohesive as a whole, IMO, than the 2003 series.

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #3,540 of 6,444

Quote:
Heh...ya know, MrGreen, I think my tastes are pretty much diametrically opposite of yours.

Orly? Got a top 3?

LOGH
Monster
Kaiba

I dropped FMA:B after episode 2. I never considered FMA to be that great so once I saw how FMA:B was going to handle the first part, I decided not to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back