Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 19, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #3,466 of 6,444
It revealed a lot of things I didn't know.The story is a lot more complicated than I thought(nagi and samii's history, how samii came to rikuo's, and the things happened before that). You'd have to watch it to understand. The ending left me kind of confused.

Aug 19, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #3,467 of 6,444
Watching Gintama for the very first time... manage to pull all of the eps, shame such a huge file. been dreading on the 8th episode already. I dont know what the hype is all about with this series. but will still give it a try 
triportsad.gif

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #3,470 of 6,444

Quote:

Edit: Something else relevant, i cant really get into bebop guys, each show just feels so separate, like theres no real story. on the other hand, yesterday i started watching Ouran High School Host Club, and that show is ridiculously funny

Cowboy Bebop does have an underlying story.  The first half primarily introduces the main characters and the world in which they exist.  The second half sequentially tells the story of the consequences for each choice made as a crew and as an individual as they each confront their own past. 

Bebop is still my favorite anime of all time.  I've been watching less and less anime as there haven't been many with engaging characters or story.  Just too much fanservice, in my opinion. 

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #3,471 of 6,444
I have to agree, way too much fanservice with the newer anime. Highschool of the dead is one....proper zombie action but far too much blatant fanservice :frowning2:

Quote:
Bebop is still my favorite anime of all time.  I've been watching less and less anime as there haven't been many with engaging characters or story.  Just too much fanservice, in my opinion. 

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #3,472 of 6,444
Quote:
I have to agree, way too much fanservice with the newer anime. Highschool of the dead is one....proper zombie action but far too much blatant fanservice :frowning2:

Hard for me to complain about fanservice in High School of the Dead since the entire show is centered around fanservice. The flashy zombie killing, lampshading about how 'it doesn't work like it does in the movies/anime/manga', odd camera angles, Kohta's 'crouching nerd, hidden badass' routine, the rest of the over the top character cast, random nudity, references to other zombie movies, the grimdarkness of the setting, and even the 'high speed low drag' nature of the weapons cache are all fanservice of one sort or another.

It's all so blatantly over the top that it adds a lot of entertainment value to a show that might otherwise devolve into a relentlessly grim slog.

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #3,473 of 6,444
Ah, you're speaking of the general fanservice definition; by fanservice, I was specifically referring to the excessive nudity. I found it to be slightly better in terms of moderation in the manga, though it seems in the anime they spent most of their budget on the fanservice shots and the quality in the action scenes suffered.

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #3,476 of 6,444

Quote:
Cowboy Bebop does have an underlying story.  The first half primarily introduces the main characters and the world in which they exist.  The second half sequentially tells the story of the consequences for each choice made as a crew and as an individual as they each confront their own past. 

yeah its gotten a bit better i guess. But i guess i was expecting too much. Ive had too many people tell me its the best anime ever, and i just dont see it beating Evangelion or Rahxephon, or more recently FMA: Brotherhood...

Quote:
Hard for me to complain about fanservice in High School of the Dead since the entire show is centered around fanservice. The flashy zombie killing, lampshading about how 'it doesn't work like it does in the movies/anime/manga', odd camera angles, Kohta's 'crouching nerd, hidden badass' routine, the rest of the over the top character cast, random nudity, references to other zombie movies, the grimdarkness of the setting, and even the 'high speed low drag' nature of the weapons cache are all fanservice of one sort or another.

It's all so blatantly over the top that it adds a lot of entertainment value to a show that might otherwise devolve into a relentlessly grim slog.

i agree entirely 
biggrin.gif
 fanservice or not, that show is ridiculously entertaining. Though ep.6 was a little over the top with the bath scene...that lasted like 15 minutes

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #3,478 of 6,444
Love Last Exile.  Not the least of which because of Range Murata's design.  Good music, IMO, too.

Finished Darker Than Black 2 last night.  Overall, liked the show but liked the first one better.  The ending had a little more finality, in my mind, but was still pretty up in the air.  I personally don't mind shows that don't wrap up all the loose ends, so it was all good to me.  I think I still am left with the feeling that the story could have been better served with a full 24 episodes, since some of the new characters don't really feel all that fleshed out.  Though they probably would have had to add some elements, because I'm not sure they had enough to easily fill up a full season.  Still, a good watch for fans of the first series.

Aug 21, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #3,479 of 6,444
Aug 21, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #3,480 of 6,444
FMA: Brotherhood was really good.  Really went in depth about everyone's origins, including the villains, and made more sense than the first one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back