Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 21, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #3,481 of 6,444

Quote:
FMA: Brotherhood was really good.  Really went in depth about everyone's origins, including the villains, and made more sense than the first one. 

That's probably next on my list.  I was probably going to start the first set of blu-rays this next week, since the release of the second set is imminent.  I have it on my comp, but I figured I'd wait until I got the actual discs.  Really looking forward to it.

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #3,482 of 6,444

Quote:
That's probably next on my list.  I was probably going to start the first set of blu-rays this next week, since the release of the second set is imminent.  I have it on my comp, but I figured I'd wait until I got the actual discs.  Really looking forward to it.

yea i watched the whole thing while it aired, but im also buying the discs as they come out, ive already got the second set on pre order at amazon 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #3,484 of 6,444

Quote:
yea i watched the whole thing while it aired, but im also buying the discs as they come out, ive already got the second set on pre order at amazon 
biggrin.gif

Me too.  Watched the first episode on blu-ray last night...wasn't blown away, but not expecting to have been.  We'll see how it progresses.

And now for something completely different...random find by my friend for K-On! fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDWJRIGqCE

Aug 24, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #3,485 of 6,444

Quote:
Oh heck yeah.  I still am wildly happy with the LE I got for the Nausicaa DVD years ago.  Came in a box bigger than the CPU for my desktop computer.  DVD, custom slipcase, framed limited lithograph (which I have since gotten signed by Sumi Shimamoto), metal ohmu figure, and a resin figure of Nausicaa.  A little overboard...maybe...a little expensive...yeah...but so worthwhile for the obsessive collector.  And it's one of my favorite anime of all time.  <3

Pics! If possible...

I'm sure you possess the manga as well?

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #3,486 of 6,444

Quote:

Pics! If possible...

I'm sure you possess the manga as well?

Sure, may take a few days to get pics though since I'm not going to be home tonight until late.  I think there are some on ebay if you look for "nausicaa limited dvd".  You'll know it because of the big white box and framed pic.

I bought the manga back when they had the 4 (?) volumes...I think from Viz.  Love 'em to death.

Aug 24, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #3,488 of 6,444
Dang the new opening and ending themes, now I can't wait for Cure Moonlight to join the fray!!!
She's hot... Well, they all are, but Moonlight is teh best!

1281770411896.jpg

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #3,490 of 6,444
Aug 27, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #3,491 of 6,444

Quote:
Word is coming out that Satoshi Kon (director - Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, Paprika, etc). 
frown.gif
  R.I.P.

I got wind of this a couple of hours ago too. Very sad to hear...

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #3,492 of 6,444
Yeah.  It's been a sad week.  One of the key animators who worked with Studio Ghibli, Shojuro Yamauchi, also passed away.

I may have to go back and watch Spirited Away tonight in homage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back