Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 11, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #3,436 of 6,444

Quote:
I do have to admit some of the Funimation upscales are painful to watch. I would <3 Darker than Black and Code Geass on blu-ray.

After living in Japan for some time, the current state of anime Blu-ray in the US is rather pitiful imo.

They are already on bluray in Japan. Once again, the US gets the shaft.

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #3,437 of 6,444
I meant I would <3 Darker than Black and Code Geass released on blu-ray in the States. I know they're already out in Japan, I just want to buy them with subs here in the States! :frowning2:

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #3,440 of 6,444

Quote:
I meant I would <3 Darker than Black and Code Geass released on blu-ray in the States. I know they're already out in Japan, I just want to buy them with subs here in the States! :frowning2:

just for giggles i checked out how much it would be to import from japan, and i guess i only looked at cdbaby, but the Darker than Black season 1 set was like 410 bucks 
eek.gif
  but alas no subs so i wouldnt buy it anyways

Aug 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #3,442 of 6,444
Funimation really needs another serious competitor to put the pressure on them have decent releases in the states.

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #3,443 of 6,444

Quote:
Funimation really needs another serious competitor to put the pressure on them have decent releases in the states.

competition is always good, but i woudl say they are moving in the right direction, as far as shows go that arent upconverts, they are doing pretty good, and they're getting alot better about putting in lossless japanese audio as well. and i cant really complain about the prices.

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #3,444 of 6,444
Heh, premium doesn't even begin to describe the price differences. Price for a dvd box set in states = price for one anime dvd in Japan. Price of a blu-ray box set here = price for one blu-ray disc in japan. Slight exaggeration perhaps, but close enough to the truth imo.

On the other hand, the Japanese know how to do Limited Editions right. TONS of goodies, though you pay for it.

Quote:
Heh...yeah.  Prices for some sets are insane in Japan.  Recently I've bought Nausicaa and Ponyo on Blu-Ray from Japan, and pretty much paid a premium for them.

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #3,445 of 6,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the other hand, the Japanese know how to do Limited Editions right. TONS of goodies, though you pay for it.

Oh heck yeah.  I still am wildly happy with the LE I got for the Nausicaa DVD years ago.  Came in a box bigger than the CPU for my desktop computer.  DVD, custom slipcase, framed limited lithograph (which I have since gotten signed by Sumi Shimamoto), metal ohmu figure, and a resin figure of Nausicaa.  A little overboard...maybe...a little expensive...yeah...but so worthwhile for the obsessive collector.  And it's one of my favorite anime of all time.  <3

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #3,446 of 6,444

Quote:
Oh heck yeah.  I still am wildly happy with the LE I got for the Nausicaa DVD years ago.  Came in a box bigger than the CPU for my desktop computer.  DVD, custom slipcase, framed limited lithograph (which I have since gotten signed by Sumi Shimamoto), metal ohmu figure, and a resin figure of Nausicaa.  A little overboard...maybe...a little expensive...yeah...but so worthwhile for the obsessive collector.  And it's one of my favorite anime of all time.  <3

1269850581092.jpg

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #3,447 of 6,444

Quote:

lot of badass characters in one series , Kenshin , Saito, Hiko Soujiro, Shishio ,wish they could fund this and remake it. its a freaking masterpiece

Yea a DB Kai type of Ruroni Kenshin would be awesome. Just follow the manga and no spoilers

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #3,448 of 6,444
D. Grayman needs to get going again. I've finally resorted to reading the manga, but this is one of those shows/mangas that are MUCH better as anime than manga. One of the best anime ever, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back