Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #3,451 of 6,444

Quote:

1269850581092.jpg

LOL.  Well, I am a little of a freak when it comes to collecting.  Especially Nausicaa.  Just got the blu-ray version from Japan, and it joins my Region 2 DVD and US DVD, so it's kind of an exception.  Kind of.

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #3,454 of 6,444
I have a big binder full of the thin plastic folders with anime series on them....odd thing to collect but they were cheap and some were pretty cool designs. I visited Animate quite often when I was over there :xf_eek:

Figures are cool but between display cases and their size they eat up room really quickly :frowning2: I <3 art books though I never got around to collecting them, I mostly just buy one if I really really like the artist....but some of my favorite artists don't have art books. Doh!

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #3,455 of 6,444
Oh yeah...I do have some shitajiki (pencil boards), but not as much into that.  I can only be thankful that I've never gotten into collecting animation cels, since that gets really pricey really quickly.

Yeah...the figures do take up a bunch of space.  I'm actually running out of space in my closet to store the boxes they come in, since I prefer to keep them for the eventuality that I will move again sometime.  The interesting ones will be if I ever build the 1/4 scale resins I have.  If you can imagine Yoko from Gurenn Lagann, I have a resin of her that's 1/4 scale.

...Gurren Lagann...that's one series I keep meaning to watch.  I've had the DVD's forever since they released the set without the dubs here in the US, and only gotten around to watching like 2 episodes.

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #3,458 of 6,444
my favorite series is ookiku furikabute (I think it's called Big Windup to the English speaking crowd), but it's fairly short.  I love baseball and love pitching for my team, so the story is one I can appreciate a bit. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #3,459 of 6,444
Finally got around to starting the second season of Darker Than Black.  I'm definitely enjoying it, but not as much as the first season.  It still does some of the same t hings pretty well, like the atmosphere and some of the action, but it doesn't feel quite as deep or satisfying.  I think part of the challenge might be that the series is shorter than the first, so things feel a little rushed.  I also think that I have more of a feeling that stuff is just going wrong and the characters are in trouble than I did the first time around.  While it's nice to have suspense and stuff to drive the series forward, there were the times were it was immensely satisfying to watch Hei just go to town.  Without that optimistic feeling, I think the pacing and atmosphere gets a little too monotone.

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #3,460 of 6,444

Quote:
Finally got around to starting the second season of Darker Than Black.  I'm definitely enjoying it, but not as much as the first season.  It still does some of the same t hings pretty well, like the atmosphere and some of the action, but it doesn't feel quite as deep or satisfying.  I think part of the challenge might be that the series is shorter than the first, so things feel a little rushed.  I also think that I have more of a feeling that stuff is just going wrong and the characters are in trouble than I did the first time around.  While it's nice to have suspense and stuff to drive the series forward, there were the times were it was immensely satisfying to watch Hei just go to town.  Without that optimistic feeling, I think the pacing and atmosphere gets a little too monotone.

i agree with that, but i was scavenging a that point for anything else darker then black story related to i ate it all right up 
biggrin.gif

did you watch the OVA? theres a bit more badassery on hei's part in it that the second season

Edit: Something else relevant, i cant really get into bebop guys, each show just feels so separate, like theres no real story. on the other hand, yesterday i started watching Ouran High School Host Club, and that show is ridiculously funny

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #3,462 of 6,444

Quote:
i agree with that, but i was scavenging a that point for anything else darker then black story related to i ate it all right up 
biggrin.gif

did you watch the OVA? theres a bit more badassery on hei's part in it that the second season

Edit: Something else relevant, i cant really get into bebop guys, each show just feels so separate, like theres no real story. on the other hand, yesterday i started watching Ouran High School Host Club, and that show is ridiculously funny

Haven't watched the OVA yet.  Your impression is pretty much in line with most of what I read about it.  Don't get me wrong, I've watched 10 of the episodes since Sunday, so I'm still enjoying it.  Just not as much as the first one.

I can see what you're saying about Bebop.  Some of the plot threads and character development begins coalescing late...some REALLY late.  A lot of the really seemingly disconnected episodic parts in the beginning serve to get the viewer familiar with the cast and their strangeness, and some of it serves to foreshadow or tie in with stuff later on.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #3,464 of 6,444
I've finished every movie I wanted to watch before the summer's over. :)
Watch them if you haven't.

Tales of Vesperia: First Strike
Break Blade(Broken Blade) Movie 1
Higashi no Eden(Eden of east) Movie 2: Paradise Lost
Eve no Jikan Gekijouban Movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back