Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jun 30, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #1,771 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So we have Druaga and RD in common. RD IMO was just like many other less well known shows that never get immensely popular, though you as the audience really appreciate the effort that goes into it.

A whole freakin year is a too long of a wait! Just going by the way things ended up in the last episode, it felt a bit rushed. Still my most favorite show from April, and eps#5 in particular was the bomb with the Coopa trap and Roper dance and all
biggrin.gif

Definitely will be watching Someday's Dreamers and Slayers Revolution. No love for the Hidamari sequel though?
frown.gif

Yeah, the whole ending was What. For the most part of the series it was "I'm Neeba, I have a secret!" and then "I'm Kaya! I'm not going to say anything." and at the very end it's revealed there's going to be a second season. Overall I thought it was an okay series. It didn't feel exciting enough to be a proper adventure anime, character development was lacking and there wasn't enough parody in it. I thought the feel of the first episode was going to be carried on through the entire series but the only highly notable one was episode 5.

Speaking of parodies Zettai Karen Children is surprisingly entertaining. There's a charm to the whole show as you watch more and more. But I think the audience is highly niche and too get the most of the show you need to have watched too much anime (someone like me) to get all the references.

Real Drive is an interesting one. I'm not quite sure what to think of it, as to where the story is going. It definitely is well produced and each episode is interesting enough but taking it as a whole nothing has really happened.

Speaking of quality productions, Gainax started their Gurren Lagann Parallel Works music videos and are currently on video 3 (Œ€ê”Å “VŒ³“Ë”jƒOƒŒƒ“ƒ‰ƒKƒ“ g˜@•Ò). They've been entertaining and Gainax does alternate drawing styles very well. This weeks is in the traditional japanese art style. Of course i'm really bias here as Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has made it's way to one of my all time favorite animes.

Never watched Hidamari Sketch. Perhaps I should take a look.

Jul 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #1,773 of 6,444
The Daughter of Twenty Faces currently has me hooked.

[Live-eviL] just finished subtitling Shion no Ou as well, finally letting me finish this quality series just the other day.

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #1,776 of 6,444
Elfen Lied is pretty but shallow. There's a smattering of psychological horror under the extremely well-animated scenes of pointless, over-the-top gore and ridiculous moeblob fanservice, but the story is weak and the pacing is rough.

If you're interested in psychological horror/mystery, you can't get much better than Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Monster.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #1,777 of 6,444
Dragon Ball forever~

Also, I've been following Naruto since 6 years ago, and have not missed a chapter and anime episode. I've enjoyed Bleach since 4 years ago and followed death Death Note from 1st manga chapter until the last anime episode (imo the BEST anime I've followed).

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #1,779 of 6,444
^ Spoiler Warning
biggrin.gif
You forgot to white out that dot in the end [or was that intentional?]

I found Death Note very interesting all the way through, even more so in the anime episodes. I loved how the plot moved and I found that very refreshing because Naruto was on the fillers-arc at the time.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #1,780 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elfen Lied is pretty but shallow. There's a smattering of psychological horror under the extremely well-animated scenes of pointless, over-the-top gore and ridiculous moeblob fanservice, but the story is weak and the pacing is rough.

If you're interested in psychological horror/mystery, you can't get much better than Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Monster.

Well, even though you make it sound terrible I still enjoyed it.
tongue.gif

I'll check those out, thanks.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #1,781 of 6,444
Currently, I'm watching Death Note (dubbed, because I couldn't find the entire series from one fansubber for download) and Naruto: Shippuden (subbed by dattebayo). I was actually still watching Naruto when I first left off, but I can't remember exactly which episode and I was up to that long filler arc anyway.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #1,782 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I definitely agree with Monster. One of the best Animes I've watched.
Death Note was kinda predictable half way through the story when *spoiler* M appeared.

Bleach and Naruto and One Piece. Things I watch to feel like a kid again.
biggrin.gif

Persona trinity soul is quite okay if you've played the game on the PS2.
Soul Eater is another fun-to-watch-squareenix production.

My top animes would be...
Baccano
Cowboy Bebop
Darker Than Black
Dennou Coil - currently watching
Devil May Cry
Ergo Proxy
Getbackers
Ghost Hound
Honey & Clover
Monster
Rurouni Kenshin
Saiyuki

And the classic...
Dragon Ball
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #1,783 of 6,444
Currently Code Geass.
I've never seen an anime like it. It's beautiful trainwreck. In the first 5 episodes alone theres more plot twists than 99.9999% of other entire series have for their entire seasons. It's actually a bit overwhelming at first but the more I watched the beter it got. On season 2 now but since it's airing currently in Japan I'm only up to episode 11 or 12 I think.

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #1,784 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently Code Geass.
I've never seen an anime like it. It's beautiful trainwreck. In the first 5 episodes alone theres more plot twists than 99.9999% of other entire series have for their entire seasons. It's actually a bit overwhelming at first but the more I watched the beter it got. On season 2 now but since it's airing currently in Japan I'm only up to episode 11 or 12 I think.

OH screw NO! How could I forget this SWEET ANIME! It's an action packed version of death note which is harder to predict! Another one of my top animes!
Forgive me Code GEASS makers for forgetting you~
frown.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #1,785 of 6,444
just finished legend of the galactic heroes, and damn was it great!
new favourite series perhaps?

also watching macross frontiers, but so far its pretty mediocre.

oh, and eagle talon! so good... must have more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back