Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Mar 23, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #1,291 of 6,444
DN: The Last Name is out.
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #1,292 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeresist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been watching Wolf's Rain lately and getting into it, after getting used to the visual style. Plodding through the endless recap episodes at the moment
smily_headphones1.gif

Very good show, but the 4 OVA episodes are brutally depressing.
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #1,293 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very good show, but the 4 OVA episodes are brutally depressing.
frown.gif

I wonder what brought that on. Least Hideaki Anno could blame annoying fanboys for End of Eva.

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #1,294 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what brought that on. Least Hideaki Anno could blame annoying fanboys for End of Eva.

And on that note, I think I finally figured out EoE. But the real interpretation is a secret for me alone, because it was clear he intended only me to understand his true meaning.

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #1,295 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And on that note, I think I finally figured out EoE. But the real interpretation is a secret for me alone, because it was clear he intended only me to understand his true meaning.

Heh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeresist
Seed is definitely more advanced in both areas, with the script more believable, and the mobile suits treated more like military machines and less like anime fetish icons.

/Marvin dies laughing.
//Life 3.

Now that that's over with, I'll get to your post. Seed is as bad, or worse, than Wing at fetishizing mecha. The same "one Gundam can kill gajillions of lesser mecha", "one mecha can alter the course of a war", "battles are decided mano-a-mano between opposing aces", etc. All present in both Seed and Wing.

The only Gundam series that I'd say treats "mobile suits treated more like military machines and less like anime fetish icons" would be 08th MS Team and Stargazer.

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #1,296 of 6,444
I have to encourage anyone that bought Ghost in the Shell: Innocence on DVD (like me) to aquire Kickassanime's encode from the R2 DVD with a fan translation. You will be surprised at how much you missed with the terrible translation of the R1 version DVD release.

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #1,297 of 6,444
Just watched up to ep 5 of Cowboy Bebop on DVD. I didn't really like the anime that much... But the musics really cool!

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #1,298 of 6,444
give BeBop some time, fraseyboy. it's a quirky series, but once you get into it, I think you'll like it. the characters are developed very well, and there is a lot of detail in the art and story arcs. if for some odd, unexplainable reason you still don't like it, then yes, the music is one of the best anime OSTs bar-none. I have all the discs.

And eyeresist, the whole Gundam franchise would have to change in order for them to start portraying suits as actual battle mecha and not icons. I agree that it's unrealistic, but it's also necessary for character importance and ease of storytelling. And yeah, 08th MS Team rocked.

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #1,299 of 6,444
Still enjoying Nodame Cantabile over here! The episodes can't come out soon enough!

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #1,302 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just watched up to ep 5 of Cowboy Bebop on DVD. I didn't really like the anime that much... But the musics really cool!

That was pretty much my thoughts on it too. Sold the copy I had a few years back now.

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #1,304 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowboy Bebop was an awesome anime. How can you not like it? Takes a bit to get into, though.

Agreed. One of the best. Even the dub kicks ass. With the exception of one episode (Heavy Metal Queen), this series was pretty close to perfect. If I could pick two episodes to show what this series is capable of, I would go with Jupiter Jazz and Mushroom Samba.

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #1,305 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowboy Bebop was an awesome anime. How can you not like it? Takes a bit to get into, though.

I agree. I loathe anime in general, but after my friend loaned me that series I absolutely fell in love with it. I wish I could pick up a genuine boxed set like he had, but they seem to be hard to come by these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back