Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
May 11, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #5,956 of 6,444
If you can spend that much effort daily, I think you should just go for N1 instead..

I passed N1 with 153/180 last Dec without preparing anything as it was very close to my school exam, and that was also my first try on JLPT.
I did attend my university's japanese elective courses for academic points though, but that was more like doing revision rather than learning new stuffs most of the time...
Besides of that, I've read like about 3 volumes of light novels, its not really a lot but definitely helped a lot in getting used to read (especially Kanji).
So basically I think my ~4yrs of anime-watching history contributed the most..

Btw grammar is more like an intuitive stuff to me, quite different from vocabulary which you really need to memorize.

Thing is, I only started watching anime a year ago.

But it is true that since I actually started studying Japanese my skills have increased at an explosive rate. Still not good enough by far to actually have a conversation or read a text.

May 11, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #5,957 of 6,444
Quote:
If you can spend that much effort daily, I think you should just go for N1 instead..

I passed N1 with 153/180 last Dec without preparing anything as it was very close to my school exam, and that was also my first try on JLPT.
I did attend my university's japanese elective courses for academic points though, but that was more like doing revision rather than learning new stuffs most of the time...
Besides of that, I've read like about 3 volumes of light novels, its not really a lot but definitely helped a lot in getting used to read (especially Kanji).
So basically I think my ~4yrs of anime-watching history contributed the most..

Btw grammar is more like an intuitive stuff to me, quite different from vocabulary which you really need to memorize.

When did you start watching anime without subs?  I find that with subs,i don't learn anything.  I'm at about the N3 level of JLPT.

May 11, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #5,958 of 6,444
hmm, like about 2yrs ago..? Sometimes its like I watch one pass raw, and another pass with sub = =
Btw that's why I prefer word-by-word translation as its better for learning purpose...

Watching raw is more for convenient as I don't need to wait for fansub. But if there is overall good fansub with good efficiency and using softsub, I would download that instead.

One good thing with subbed is that you can use it to poison others ^ ^

May 11, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #5,960 of 6,444
You guys put so much dedication into all of this. >_>

Anyway, have anybody read Usagi Drop? I know it's not anime, but I just want to say that I don't see the problem of the manga's ending that people seem to have. Also note that I haven't watched the anime.

The anime was awesome, but I haven't read the manga yet.

TOO MUCH STUFF I NEED TO READ SOMETIME. ಥ_ಥ

May 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #5,961 of 6,444
Quote:
Quote:
You guys put so much dedication into all of this. >_>

Anyway, have anybody read Usagi Drop? I know it's not anime, but I just want to say that I don't see the problem of the manga's ending that people seem to have. Also note that I haven't watched the anime.

The anime was awesome, but I haven't read the manga yet.

TOO MUCH STUFF I NEED TO READ SOMETIME. ಥ_ಥ

Which is ironic since you read a lot of science books.

May 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #5,962 of 6,444
Quote:

Finally someone agrees that the ending of the Usagi Drop was fine. 

Everyone is so butthurt that

Rin didn't end up with Kouki but with Daikichi instead. 

May 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #5,963 of 6,444
Quote:
Dear god another Zetsubou Sensei fan! Two things great things happened since I joined Head-Fi: headphones and other Zetsubou Sensei fans. Fun times. Although one of them is leaving a nice gigantic hole in my wallet! 
ph34r.gif

Awesome. Not the wallet part, though- haha.
It's times like these that I feel lucky to be in high school and have a head-fier for a dad!

May 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #5,964 of 6,444
I did see people discussed about Usagi Drop manga ending long ago on other forum, but never knew some are having problem with it... = ='

May 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #5,965 of 6,444
Quote:
Quote:

Finally someone agrees that the ending of the Usagi Drop was fine. 

Everyone is so butthurt that

Rin didn't end up with Kouki but with Daikichi instead. 

Yeah,

I was a bit confused she didn't end up with Kouki, but almost flipped out that she ended up with Daikichi (that's his name!). But then I remember that it was hinted she's not blood related. Well at least it doesn't feel like a deus ex machina. 
Maybe I need to compare it with the anime.

Quote:
I did see people discussed about Usagi Drop manga ending long ago on other forum, but never knew some are having problem with it... = ='

I guess people love the anime ending more? I heard that it's kind of different.

Quote:
Quote:
Dear god another Zetsubou Sensei fan! Two things great things happened since I joined Head-Fi: headphones and other Zetsubou Sensei fans. Fun times. Although one of them is leaving a nice gigantic hole in my wallet! 
ph34r.gif

Awesome. Not the wallet part, though- haha.
It's times like these that I feel lucky to be in high school and have a head-fier for a dad!

Lucky you.

May 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #5,966 of 6,444
The anime covers very little compared to the manga. I haven't read the manga but I did take a look at what was causing the fuss when it first happened. The anime had pretty much a non-ending (it was only 13 eps long after all) so it definitely wasn't as controversial.

Since I haven't read the manga (besides the controversial chapter), I don't know if this also happened in it, but in the anime, Daikichi and Kouki's mom had a sweetly developing relationship (never consummated cause, again, only 13 episodes). A bit run of the mill and non-controversial I suppose but it fit fine in the overall feel of the anime I think.

Quote:

Yeah,

I was a bit confused she didn't end up with Kouki, but almost flipped out that she ended up with Daikichi (that's his name!). But then I remember that it was hinted she's not blood related. Well at least it doesn't feel like a deus ex machina. 
Maybe I need to compare it with the anime.

I guess people love the anime ending more? I heard that it's kind of different.

Lucky you.

May 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #5,967 of 6,444
Quote:
The anime covers very little compared to the manga. I haven't read the manga but I did take a look at what was causing the fuss when it first happened. The anime had pretty much a non-ending (it was only 13 eps long after all) so it definitely wasn't as controversial.

Since I haven't read the manga (besides the controversial chapter), I don't know if this also happened in it, but in the anime, Daikichi and Kouki's mom had a sweetly developing relationship (never consummated cause, again, only 13 episodes). A bit run of the mill and non-controversial I suppose but it fit fine in the overall feel of the anime I think.

Well can't comment on anything more unless I watch it, but I understand it now. I think people who started with the anime will be a bit miffed at how the manga is less run-of-the-mill.

May 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #5,968 of 6,444
I'm actually in Japan right now.  It's strange that a large portion of the students here view anime hobbies as a norm.  Many girls actually like K-On, haha~

I'm loving Accel World and Fate/Zero right now.

May 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #5,969 of 6,444
Quote:
I'm actually in Japan right now.  It's strange that a large portion of the students here view anime hobbies as a norm.  Many girls actually like K-On, haha~

I'm loving Accel World and Fate/Zero right now.

In Japan?  I r jealous.  I might be going with family sometime next year or the year after.

Haven't really been watching much of anything lately.  Too busy with video games.  I'm still popping in the second season of Ika Musume to unwind every now and then, but that's about it.  Fate/Zero is definitely still on the "to watch" list.

May 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #5,970 of 6,444
Quote:

In Japan?  I r jealous.  I might be going with family sometime next year or the year after.

Haven't really been watching much of anything lately.  Too busy with video games.  I'm still popping in the second season of Ika Musume to unwind every now and then, but that's about it.  Fate/Zero is definitely still on the "to watch" list.

People seems to be hyping a lot about Fate/Zero. I remember the last time I caved in to hype. Actually, no I don't remember when's the last time I caved in to hype. But definitely Fate/Zero is on my watch list too; how long it will be there is indefinite LOL. If anything, I should watch it ASAP and listen for the BGM/soundtrack. IIRC it's Yuki Kajiura doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back