Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
May 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #5,926 of 6,444
Was wondering if I'd see you wander into one of these threads.  ^.^

Macross Frontier and Mushishi are among my faves, for pretty different reasons.  I enjoyed Eden of the East a lot...got to get around to watching the movies one of these days.

Probably doesn't help that some nights I just want to unwind and watch something I've already seen just for entertainment.  I just started my third or fourth viewing of Squid Girl S2.  I'd probably try to start Guilty Gear or Fate/Zero, but I'm realizing I'm coming up on release date for some games I want to play, so I'm kind of rationalizing myself out of watching anything new.  I probably spend too much time just over-thinking stuff, really.

Ika Musume. Love that show, de geso~.
Just a couple days ago I finished reading the manga. For the most part exactly the same as the anime, but still worth reading, de geso~.

May 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #5,927 of 6,444
Quote:
Ika Musume. Love that show, de geso~.
Just a couple days ago I finished reading the manga. For the most part exactly the same as the anime, but still worth reading, de geso~.

Probably amongst my faves.  Or like mini Ika Musume would say, "Geso geso geso geso!" ^.^

One thing that I had no idea existed before I actually poked around on the first season blu-ray was the "mini" OAV's.  Discovering them about made my week.

May 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #5,928 of 6,444
Quote:

Was wondering if I'd see you wander into one of these threads.  ^.^

Macross Frontier and Mushishi are among my faves, for pretty different reasons.  I enjoyed Eden of the East a lot...got to get around to watching the movies one of these days.

Probably doesn't help that some nights I just want to unwind and watch something I've already seen just for entertainment.  I just started my third or fourth viewing of Squid Girl S2.  I'd probably try to start Guilty Gear or Fate/Zero, but I'm realizing I'm coming up on release date for some games I want to play, so I'm kind of rationalizing myself out of watching anything new.  I probably spend too much time just over-thinking stuff, really.

Well I had to eventually.

Haha well I like them for a number of reasons, I just put down the first ones that popped up. The Eden of the East movies were good, I watched them.

May 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #5,929 of 6,444
Quote:
Well I had to eventually.

Haha well I like them for a number of reasons, I just put down the first ones that popped up. The Eden of the East movies were good, I watched them.

There's also a vocaloid thread floating around somewhere that has spurts of activity.  Just in case you haven't poked your head in there already.  ^.^

I didn't mean to insinuate that I liked those two anime for reasons different than you did...not sure if that's how it came across.  Not real great wording on my part.  What I really kinda meant was that I liked Mushishi a lot for it's somewhat laid back and low-obligation but interesting storyline, though some people find the style slow and uninteresting.  Macross F...well I like Sheryl a lot.  And the battles are pretty.

Yeah...I'm not really reaching too deep there, but that's about how I feel.  LOL

May 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #5,930 of 6,444
Quote:

There's also a vocaloid thread floating around somewhere that has spurts of activity.  Just in case you haven't poked your head in there already.  ^.^

I didn't mean to insinuate that I liked those two anime for reasons different than you did...not sure if that's how it came across.  Not real great wording on my part.  What I really kinda meant was that I liked Mushishi a lot for it's somewhat laid back and low-obligation but interesting storyline, though some people find the style slow and uninteresting.  Macross F...well I like Sheryl a lot.  And the battles are pretty.

Yeah...I'm not really reaching too deep there, but that's about how I feel.  LOL

Mm, I'll look for it!

Ah. Yeah, I see what you mean! Mushishi is very laid-back. I thought of it like bedtime stories because they're all pretty separate with a separate beginning and end in each episode, and it's easy to watch. Haha I don't like Sheryl much at all. XD; She's mean. But I do like her hair and eyebrows... they look like they don't really belong on her face, but it works somehow.  I guess I mostly dislike her because I like Ranka better. I love Ranka's froggy-phone and her weird hair, haha. That and green is my favorite color, so I guess I'm a bit biased anyway... And yeah, the animation is well done, especially the battle scenes. I've watched the series 1.5 times... I kinda stopped halfway through the second time "OTL

May 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #5,931 of 6,444
Quote:
Just gonna jump in and list a couple (alright, a few) favorites of mine...

-Fruits Basket (It's so cheesy, but I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff...)
-Macross Frontier (Also kind of cheesy, ahah~ But it's one of the first ones I watched. I like it.)
-AnoHana (Short for a reaaaally long name that I don't care to type nor do I remember. But I gotta say, this one had me sobbing at the end. It was amazing!)
-Hetalia (Doesn't really have a storyline, but the episodes are five minutes each and they are really hilarious besides being about world history and stereotypes.)
-Mushi-Shi (Its episodes are almost like bedtime stories. There isn't really a huge plot that goes throughout the entire show, but it's really beautiful and interesting.)
-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (I honestly love this one, it was awesome for reasons that I cannot explain. Girly topside, dark underside.)
-Eden of the East (It was weird. But also very interesting! I liked it a lot, plus the animation was nice.)

Can't think of any more at the moment... I'll probably think of more later, haha.

Yea I'm a huge fan of Mushi-Shi my self. It's just so mellow and laid back. Good way to describe it... like bedtime stories!
Quote:
Mm, I'll look for it!

Ah. Yeah, I see what you mean! Mushishi is very laid-back. I thought of it like bedtime stories because they're all pretty separate with a separate beginning and end in each episode, and it's easy to watch. Haha I don't like Sheryl much at all. XD; She's mean. But I do like her hair and eyebrows... they look like they don't really belong on her face, but it works somehow.  I guess I mostly dislike her because I like Ranka better. I love Ranka's froggy-phone and her weird hair, haha. That and green is my favorite color, so I guess I'm a bit biased anyway... And yeah, the animation is well done, especially the battle scenes. I've watched the series 1.5 times... I kinda stopped halfway through the second time "OTL

I've been avoiding Marcos F..... for a while now, I think I saw a Nudity tag attached to it some where, I'm not a fan of nudity really... it's just so cheap I guess seing how everything now a days is "sex and more sex"

That being said I am watching a good bit of older Mech Anime

Bubble Gum Crisis 2033 & the 2044 Remake
Brain Powered [The intro... pisses me off -.-]
Sky Girls [Too cute to pass up >.>]
Dai Guard [Loved the first episode]

So for the time being I'd rather enjoy the old gems b4 I attempt to deal with the new stuff... still need to start watching E7 Ao though >.>

May 9, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #5,932 of 6,444
Quote:
Mm, I'll look for it!

The funny thing is while I like Sheryl and like her character design, she's not the most attractive character design I've seen.  Something about the shape of her face in certain pieces of art.  Ranka is cute as heck, though I think the character wasn't as assertive as I would have liked her to be.  I can understand why, given the concept, but it was just one of those things.  And yeah, her phone is pretty awesome.  And her seiyuu actually sings her own songs...the entire split between Sheryl's seiyuu and the performer for her songs is a little odd to me.  Heh.

Quote:
Yea I'm a huge fan of Mushi-Shi my self. It's just so mellow and laid back. Good way to describe it... like bedtime stories!
I've been avoiding Marcos F..... for a while now, I think I saw a Nudity tag attached to it some where, I'm not a fan of nudity really... it's just so cheap I guess seing how everything now a days is "sex and more sex"

That being said I am watching a good bit of older Mech Anime

Bubble Gum Crisis 2033 & the 2044 Remake
Brain Powered [The intro... pisses me off -.-]
Sky Girls [Too cute to pass up >.>]
Dai Guard [Loved the first episode]

So for the time being I'd rather enjoy the old gems b4 I attempt to deal with the new stuff... still need to start watching E7 Ao though >.>

Not sure why there would be a nudity tag, except for the movies.  And even then, the part where there is nudity is pretty short, IIRC.  Other than that, Sheryl wears some pretty revealing outfits, but the show isn't probably as ecchi as you may think.

I'm probably going to get around to watching Eureka 7 Ao as well sometime.  At least it sounds like it won't be the marathon series that the first one was.  I liked it a lot, but I don't know how many 50+ episode series I can really take.  Heh.

May 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #5,933 of 6,444
Quote:

The funny thing is while I like Sheryl and like her character design, she's not the most attractive character design I've seen.  Something about the shape of her face in certain pieces of art.  Ranka is cute as heck, though I think the character wasn't as assertive as I would have liked her to be.  I can understand why, given the concept, but it was just one of those things.  And yeah, her phone is pretty awesome.  And her seiyuu actually sings her own songs...the entire split between Sheryl's seiyuu and the performer for her songs is a little odd to me.  Heh.

I think that I don't like Sheryl much because she's kinda mean usually, but every once in a while she does something nice, and that's when I do like her. Like at the beginning, when she's encouraging Ranka to step up and stuff. I also like how well they developed her character, but I just don't like her character in general. XD; Strange how that works with me; I guess I just appreciate strong plot lines and character building stuff.

Have you watched AnoHana?

May 9, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #5,934 of 6,444
Quote:
I think that I don't like Sheryl much because she's kinda mean usually, but every once in a while she does something nice, and that's when I do like her. Like at the beginning, when she's encouraging Ranka to step up and stuff. I also like how well they developed her character, but I just don't like her character in general. XD; Strange how that works with me; I guess I just appreciate strong plot lines and character building stuff.

Have you watched AnoHana?

I think she's meant to be a deeply flawed character.  Actually, I think the same can be said of almost ANY Macross character.  Kawamori is just like that...lol.  I can see how people can either not like Sheryl or certain parts of her character though.  I tend to think it just makes her more interesting, and at least she doesn't make me grind my teeth in frustration too much because of strange and inexplicable motivations or choices.  For reference, see me comments on Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing...lol.

Haven't watched AnoHana, but it's one of those that I mean to one day.  I've read mostly good stuff about it as a slice-of-life anime.  Also looks like it's pretty short, so I might be able to get around to that sooner than some of the other stuff in my queue.

May 9, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #5,935 of 6,444
Quote:

I think she's meant to be a deeply flawed character.  Actually, I think the same can be said of almost ANY Macross character.  Kawamori is just like that...lol.  I can see how people can either not like Sheryl or certain parts of her character though.  I tend to think it just makes her more interesting, and at least she doesn't make me grind my teeth in frustration too much because of strange and inexplicable motivations or choices.  For reference, see me comments on Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing...lol.

Haven't watched AnoHana, but it's one of those that I mean to one day.  I've read mostly good stuff about it as a slice-of-life anime.  Also looks like it's pretty short, so I might be able to get around to that sooner than some of the other stuff in my queue.

I see that. Flaws make things interesting, though! Mary-Sues are never good news.

On a side note, I for some reason really like Luca's character.

Oh, it was amazing. I watched it online last summer when is first came out, and I had to wait for every Thursday until I could watch a new episode! It was terrible (the wait was, I mean). It is a really short anime, which made me sad- it's only 11 episodes, if I remember. But it was simply awesome. I will admit to crying at the end of it- you really get attached to the characters, and it's a bittersweet ending besides that, as well. It's generally a sad series, now that I think about it. Starts out pretty jolly and normal but it just goes downhill from there. You should definitely watch it at some point!

May 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #5,936 of 6,444
Quote:
I see that. Flaws make things interesting, though! Mary-Sues are never good news.

On a side note, I for some reason really like Luca's character.

Oh, it was amazing. I watched it online last summer when is first came out, and I had to wait for every Thursday until I could watch a new episode! It was terrible (the wait was, I mean). It is a really short anime, which made me sad- it's only 11 episodes, if I remember. But it was simply awesome. I will admit to crying at the end of it- you really get attached to the characters, and it's a bittersweet ending besides that, as well. It's generally a sad series, now that I think about it. Starts out pretty jolly and normal but it just goes downhill from there. You should definitely watch it at some point!

Haha...and Kawamori does like his flawed characters.  Don't even get me started on Macross Plus.  I still have a hard time thinking about that show, let alone watching it.

Luca was pretty OK character for me.  He was pretty helpful and friendly, and he never really went around bad mouthing people or giving people a hard time.

I just remembered that AnoHana is up for preorder from NISA, so I went ahead and preordered it.  I might watch it sometime before the July release to make sure I want to drop the money on it.  I've read a little bit of the synopsis and some of the tags for the series, and yeah...seems like a lot of people found it emotionally touching.  Those are good once in a while.

May 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #5,937 of 6,444
Quote:

Haha...and Kawamori does like his flawed characters.  Don't even get me started on Macross Plus.  I still have a hard time thinking about that show, let alone watching it.

Luca was pretty OK character for me.  He was pretty helpful and friendly, and he never really went around bad mouthing people or giving people a hard time.

I just remembered that AnoHana is up for preorder from NISA, so I went ahead and preordered it.  I might watch it sometime before the July release to make sure I want to drop the money on it.  I've read a little bit of the synopsis and some of the tags for the series, and yeah...seems like a lot of people found it emotionally touching.  Those are good once in a while.

Macross Plus is easily one of the best Macross shows though...

And Ano Hana is still one of the best shows that came out last year, easily in my top 5 of 2011. Ive had mine pre ordered on Right Stuf since they announced it :D

May 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #5,938 of 6,444
Quote:

Okey now I have to watch that and see what you're talking about. Haha

He's like a side-side-character, but whatever. I tend to like those types. Micheal was hilarious, too; I felt bad for poor Klan though!

Awesome! Yes, watch it soon for sure. It takes place in August I believe, so summer's a great time to watch it.

May 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #5,939 of 6,444
I'm currently enjoying Kids on the Slope. Amazing series so far. 

May 10, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #5,940 of 6,444
High School Of The Dead. Waiting anxiously on season 2. Just to warn, there's a lot of sexually explicit material, it past the gray area of "What?". To be honest, I wish they made the series without it, its badass.

My favorite anime goes down with soul-eater, another stupid ending though. Followed closely by bleach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back