Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jun 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #5,986 of 6,444
Objectionable content:

Significant
info-red.gif

This and the synopsis sold it to me. Will add it to the watch list.

Pervert!

:wink:

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #5,987 of 6,444
Hahaha...well, at least we're being honest.  ^.^

I've read differing opinions on Shiki, but the one reviewer I almost universally agree with is high on it.

I realized last night that I think of myself as very opinionated, just not always too vocal about it (depending on how much I've had to drink).   So finding a reviewer that goes over a lot of material and I've agreed with both their recommendations and criticisms is pretty rare.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #5,989 of 6,444
Wait so it's ecchi? :\

From the synopsis I got the vibe that it's more like horror/mystery, kind of like what Another feels (up to ep 10 that is).

Don't know anything about the anime, but in most cases high objectionable content implies ecchi. Horror is very possible as well, though.

In that case:

Necrophile!

:wink:

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #5,992 of 6,444
Lately I'm following Upotte and Sankarea. I started Acchi Kocchi but I ended up not liking it that much, it was cute but it didn't hold my attention. I also LOVE Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka (Of the Dead), both series I just love them.

And I follow Naruto pretty much year round. And if I feel like it I watch some old stuff, recently finally got around to watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, I liked the other series but Brotherhood is amazing. I think it's the only anime where I pretty much felt every emotion and enjoyed a lot of the characters. Blew through those episodes so quick because I watched so many per day. Trying to get through Outlaw Star and a few others like Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari but only watched a few episodes and put them on hold.

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #5,993 of 6,444
Besides Fate/Zero? I gotta say Sankarea, simply because a corpse that's still walking around never ends well...... romantically (Death Becomes Her? anyone?). Just gotta see how they gonna try to pull off ending this series on a good note..... if that's what their aiming for. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #5,994 of 6,444
So I recently just rewatched Steins;Gate.

I am completely blown away by how much more of the anime I appreciate on my 2nd watch-through.  Everything now makes SO much sense--there is so much meaning, so much significance to every little thing that happens in the series.  The intricacies of the events have been ever-so carefully woven together really opened my eyes--Steins;Gate has redefined what a masterpiece should look like.  I say this with confidence; never before have I been so appreciative of a story.

No worries, I won't put any spoilers~!  BUT

The sheer amount of symbolism that I didn't catch on my first watch through is staggering--it hit me really hard when, during the first time where Mayuri's watch stopped moving, the ''camera'' focused on the hourglass---empty, or when Okabe is in a state of panic, talking with Kurisu, but the ''camera'' focused on a tap, water slowly forming a droplet, which then eventually falls onto a plate, causing a slow motion outward ripple.  It was little things like these that really made me appreciate how much thought was put into the series.  The director utilized the animation medium to a potential rarely seen in any given series.  

Story completely aside, the voice acting is flawless.  I can't say anything more about this--right from episode 1 you can hear and FEEL the variation in emotions and tones used, and the actors/actresses manage to keep it up through the whole series.  

The music implementation--wow!  The series starts off with little to no music, to scarcely using a few themes for suspense and building up to a grand presentation.

Will definitely give the VN a read.  Anyone who hasn't yet seen Steins;Gate, I welcome you to watch this series with skepticism.  I was skeptical at first (as I should be when any anime is over-hyped), but S;G exceeded my expectations by such a large amount that I've probably annoyed all my friends talking about it.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #5,995 of 6,444
Steins;Gate was indeed one of the best anime I have ever scene. It's right up there with the other four shows I gave a 10/10 -- Clannad After Story, Ano Hana, Toradora and Nodame Cantabile Finale. Maybe I'll add Sakamichi no Apollon to this list as well when it has finished airing, because so far it looks like a solid 10/10 as well.

I just rewatched Clannad + Clannad After Sotry. Absolutely no regrets whatsoever.
Even when you know exactly what's going to happen, you still can't help but feel touched. I have never watched anything as touching as Clannad, and it's safe to say that it's so far the only show where I have cried. Not just having watery eyes, but crying like a kid with tears rolling down my cheek.
While I'd like to say this anime is perfect, I do have to admit that the art style looks a bit old, and the soundtrack can get repetitive at times. Additionally some of the side stories can be a bit shounen-like at times -- like Tomoyo's fighting skills. Other than that I really think this show is perfect.

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #5,996 of 6,444
S;G was also my favorite anime of last year. It impressed me quite a bit and left me on the edge of my seat on my first viewing, but it wasn't until the second viewing that things really came together for me. You just appreciate the little details so much more (as was mentioned above) and I was much more satisfied with the ending the second time around whereas I felt it was a tad underwhelming the first time. I'm currently enjoying Kids on the Slope. Big fan of the Watanabe/Kanno pairing, and although this isn't a sci-fi/fantasy setting, the jazz trappings are very enjoyable even if the love triangle story can seem bog standard at times. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #5,997 of 6,444
Tilpo have you EVER watches Key's AIR??? Or Kanon? YOU need too... Clannad has NOTHING on AIR except maybe the the after story or one of the other specials
that follows a different route... out of all of them AIR was JUST something else... To even think that was a Hentai game along with Kanon...

Clannad was Key's FIRST anime that was not a Hentai game first too...

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5,998 of 6,444
Tilpo have you EVER watches Key's AIR??? Or Kanon? YOU need too... Clannad has NOTHING on AIR except maybe the the after story or one of the other specials
that follows a different route... out of all of them AIR was JUST something else... To even think that was a Hentai game along with Kanon...

Naw man. Clannad blows Air and Kanon out of the water. Though I must admit they are both very good.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #5,999 of 6,444
Quote:
Naw man. Clannad blows Air and Kanon out of the water. Though I must admit they are both very good.

Personally, I didn't like the first season of Clannad, but After Story was FANTASTIC. AIR is on a lower strata, but I haven't seen Kanon. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #6,000 of 6,444
Quote:

First of all I just want to let you know that your name and icon are awesome. I have a DVD box set of Kimba...

Also, Clannad's pretty great, man. I like the after story a lot more that the first bit, but it's all really good.

I've heard a lot about AIR. What's it about? I'm thinking maybe about watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back