Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #2,056 of 6,444
Just watched last ep of Death Note
frown.gif

BAAAAAW.

Now I need another good anime to watch...

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #2,057 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just watched last ep of Death Note
frown.gif

BAAAAAW.

Now I need another good anime to watch...

If you liked Death Note, watch Code Geass. It's pretty much the same idea:p If you want to contest this, no spoilers .'D

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #2,059 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by solessthanthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you liked Death Note, watch Code Geass. It's pretty much the same idea:p If you want to contest this, no spoilers .'D

Watched the first ep... Don't see how its like Death Note but it's still cool.

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #2,060 of 6,444
Craptastic endings for both akaneiro and chaos;head. not surprising for the former, I was only watching it just for the sake of kugimin and hime anyway. the latter though, they could have done this better. The show jumped back and forth between watchable to cheesy and ended on the wrong side, looks like
frown.gif

Here is to wishing that they get it right for kemeko and kannagi!

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #2,062 of 6,444
I'm really glad the first season of Yozakura Quartet is finally almost over. I really want to like this anime, but all the characters(Especially Kyosuke and Hime) just seem so one-dimensional and cliche most of the time. I kind of feel the same about this series as I felt about Blood+ I think. (This series isn't nearly as bad as Blood+ of course. I think Blood+ is literally the worst anime I've ever watched.)

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #2,063 of 6,444
Hm, I just watched the first ep of a series called Mushi-shi (or Mushishi according to wikipedia). If the rest of the series keeps up with the quality of the first episode (the series completed in June 2006 btw) it should make for an amazing anime. Has anyone else seen this?

Dec 21, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #2,064 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, I just watched the first ep of a series called Mushi-shi (or Mushishi according to wikipedia). If the rest of the series keeps up with the quality of the first episode (the series completed in June 2006 btw) it should make for an amazing anime. Has anyone else seen this?

I wrote about it a few pages back. It's an amazing anime, one of my favorites of all time. It took first place in best television series and art direction in 2006 at the Tokyo Anime Awards IIRC. It's the kind of series you don't see a lot of but wish you did. If anything, the first ep (I believe it was about a sake dish or something?) starts off slow to introduce you to the world of Mushi. It doesn't really have a plot so you don't really need to know much to follow along. What I really enjoyed about the series was that every episode seemed to have a really nice 'wholesome' ending. It just leaves you feeling good. Do yourself a favor and follow up with the rest of the series, you'll thank yourself for watching it when it's through :]

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watched the first ep... Don't see how its like Death Note but it's still cool.

[size=large]vvv !!Spoiler Warning!! vvv[/size]

[size=xx-small]You probably need to get a bit further than the first episode to figure it out, but the plot's nearly the same. It's similar in that it's about the main character receiving a power that no one else possesses and uses it to [try to] create his own ideal world while also concealing their identities from everyone. And even though their friends see them like every day, they don't realize it... somehow. I finished the first season but I'm not sure if I'm going for the second one. I never really grew fond of it :\ I never really liked the episodes where the egotistical lead voices his plans in complete detail :p[/size]

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #2,065 of 6,444
Just watched eps0 of kissx sis.
some of you might scream bloody murder for having to put up with incest twins, but hey I like this. It is very well drawn and animated. No intriguing plot or a deep message to speak of, just a lighthearted love comedy as it should be
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #2,067 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved this one, hope you do also
biggrin.gif

I wonder if anyone loving music and anime wouldn't love Beck... (Mongolian Chop Squad)
darthsmile.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #2,068 of 6,444
Wow. Thanks for mentioning it guys. Only watched the first few eps, but so far almost everything about this series kicks ass. I have a feeling Beck is going to be one of my all time favorites.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #2,069 of 6,444
BTW I also watched Mushishi and I loved it. It is a really smooth anime, nothing like Mobile Suit other things like that.

Mushishi somewhat felt like home for me. It has a warming touch just like fairy tales your mom told you as a bedtime story.

I'm a man of few words so I really saw myself in Ginko. I did have his picture as an avatar for some time.

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #2,070 of 6,444
one piece!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back