Antipodes Audio DX V3 music server roon core, one mans unofficial guide down the rabbit hole.
Nov 13, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #286 of 296
Which setting of “use flac compression” do you prefer?
Hmmn, well I had assumed that not using flac compression would be preferable so I have deselected “use flac compression”. Was I wrong to assume?

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #287 of 296
Hmmn, well I had assumed that not using flac compression would be preferable so I have deselected “use flac compression”. Was I wrong to assume?
I think I agree. The server computer does the conversion to pcm then. Roon/Squeeze does sound different to Roon/Hqplayer-passthru. I think it is a bit more relaxed.

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #288 of 296
Just for the record, amsv4.1 installed quick and easy. Just go to solutions and hit update software.

Dec 19, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #289 of 296
just so you know, ams 4.2 done, and possibly an improved roon, but these are observations post update and could be other confounding variables, but i noticed something.

Jan 31, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #290 of 296
roon update version 2 build 1202 is a nice update. SQ separation and acuity level up.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #291 of 296
amsv 4.3 is up and updatable. easy peasy now, unsure what it did cause i just use roon but, a-ok

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #292 of 296
Another roon update and a 4.31 is now available. Not sure what either did but one has to be current

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #293 of 296
Amsv 4.4 is up and running. Takes 30-45 seconds so wait for it. Otherwise all good, with a couple of roon updates as well.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #294 of 296
Soooo, to put an addendum to the journey from asking the question, is there a better way to send the 1 and zero’s to my dac via usb than my iMac at present. To discovering antipodes and going for entry level dtgs, getting comped dx3 as a replacement, opting for the first oladra upgrade and undergoing amsv4 Linux operating system updates, we have apparently reached the logical conclusion for my antipodes journey. While I’m incredibly pleased with the ups and downs for the last 6 years in my audio/ server journey. It looks like we have come to the end of my upgradable journey and still, couldn’t be happier than a pig in s—t. My next step, if there was one, would be oladra but at this time I have not decided to trade up, but still get a wow now and then with the system as is. The incredible value of the purchase window for me at a strong cad Dollar era is over as well. thus making the next level, well, next level..
so I will keep this forum updated with any extraordinary events both positive or negative. If anyone felt the need to contribute or direct us to any new relevant threads please do. Enjoy and happy listening, iam.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #295 of 296
Amsv5 is being installed. That’s a mofo update….30 minutes to install and counting. By the by picked up wa33 elite and antipodes liked it, or wa33 liked antipodes, hard to say, mutual admiration I guess.
ok initially stumped cause it auto loaded squeeze so changed back to roon in server solution, everything is good.

Feb 8, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #296 of 296
Amsv5 is being installed. That’s a mofo update….30 minutes to install and counting. By the by picked up wa33 elite and antipodes liked it, or wa33 liked antipodes, hard to say, mutual admiration I guess.
ok initially stumped cause it auto loaded squeeze so changed back to roon in server solution, everything is good.
They really push Squeeze. I locked roon on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back