Antipodes Audio DX V3 music server roon core, one mans unofficial guide down the rabbit hole.
Dec 13, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #256 of 296
Sorry to hear that. It’s a tough time of year for hitting transport and customs before Christmas, best of luck. I figure maybe by new year or soon after For myself
I misunderstood. When you said delivered you meant to the factory not back home.

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #257 of 296
I have received shipped status from New Zealand, estimated delivery, and it seems very optimistic , is Jan 30th. Keep the blog informed.

Dec 22, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #258 of 296
Processed at Cincinnati hub. It’s coming home where it belongs.

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #259 of 296
Hark the heralds angels sing, my DX is out for delivery.

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #260 of 296
would love to report alls well, but disappointment instead. No power. plugged in, power switch in back, pressed front button, nothing. maybe a flash of blue, but nothing. wrote mark, where do we go from here? speechless. leave it plugged in, try again later, maybe warm up will help but no familiar engagement or sound, just dead.

it says 250V in the back? what? I think they put in a bizarre volt for some country other than canada

so yes they fused the wrong voltage. Mark trying to get me to remove and flip the latch but we , my wife assisting, can't figure out what he's talking about.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #261 of 296
Sooo the unit has to go to, back to, denver. I bet we just need a north american outlet with fuses but he wants the unit tested first. So merry xmas to all. Ill get at it in the new year. received DHL shipping info. My wife birthday after Xmas and we are off to winter cottage after Xmas so see you on the flip side.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #262 of 296
One final note, even though we are disappointed, once again mark is man on the job, the guy like the energizer bunny, always on call.

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #263 of 296
Merry Christmas and enjoy the winter outdoors. Maybe Santa will release mine from customs tomorrow but I think I get a lump of coal instead.

Dec 28, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #264 of 296
DX received in Denver, my gosh little downtime from my server or what, pretty much 8 weeks when said and done, 40,000 k in travel. Getting used to itunes, yes you heard that right. But must I always remember……

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #265 of 296
It’s back in brand new packaging, the little oladra sticker on the bottom, and 3.12 inside. Turned on just fine, my antipodes server and player brought up. Needed a few tweaks in my antipodes to initialize roon server, my chord player, then settings in my audio roon, and were off to the races….I’m going to give it a bunch of hours but there’s a lot going on. Memory to compare, my brain burned in on hugo and th900, Linux software update, roon update, oladra update, so what’s what? Off the top sharper detail from max pcm is my initial impression. Let this thing settle, warm up, and report back later. Just happy this journey to Colorado, New Zealand, back to colorado is over. Reunited at last.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #266 of 296
It’s back in brand new packaging, the little oladra sticker on the bottom, and 3.12 inside. Turned on just fine, my antipodes server and player brought up. Needed a few tweaks in my antipodes to initialize roon server, my chord player, then settings in my audio roon, and were off to the races….I’m going to give it a bunch of hours but there’s a lot going on. Memory to compare, my brain burned in on hugo and th900, Linux software update, roon update, oladra update, so what’s what? Off the top sharper detail from max pcm is my initial impression. Let this thing settle, warm up, and report back later. Just happy this journey to Colorado, New Zealand, back to colorado is over. Reunited at last.
Glad you got it back and upgrades are noticeable. Burn in is a real thing with Antipodes. Enjoy!

Jan 16, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #267 of 296
Jan 17, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #268 of 296
wow, just a little bit of time and warm up, my first impressions while cold, and i mean the unit was cold from transport, was this is really acute SQ and detailed, but not sure if i love it. Just a few days to play and warm up and what a change. First processing speed has massively improved under oladra. I was going from 3.5 X processing speed under max PCM upsampling to 12.5 X times now. just chewing up the sample rates. Lots more detail and transparency that at first I thought sacrificed musicality, nope, once warmed up, total musicality. Really significant change in SQ. Kinda like my DX just grew up from teen hood, now a fully grown adult....Super looking forward to going from 10 hours to 100 warm up and see how this progresses. Intimate, deep, rich. Even a bit analogue. Off the top id upgrade to oladra if you want to punch above your weight class and K50 isn't in your price point right now. Fantastic christmas gift to myself, although i did pass on abyss phi 1266 complete for this. Happy I did, maybe 1266 next year...

Jan 17, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #269 of 296
wow, just a little bit of time and warm up, my first impressions while cold, and i mean the unit was cold from transport, was this is really acute SQ and detailed, but not sure if i love it. Just a few days to play and warm up and what a change. First processing speed has massively improved under oladra. I was going from 3.5 X processing speed under max PCM upsampling to 12.5 X times now. just chewing up the sample rates. Lots more detail and transparency that at first I thought sacrificed musicality, nope, once warmed up, total musicality. Really significant change in SQ. Kinda like my DX just grew up from teen hood, now a fully grown adult....Super looking forward to going from 10 hours to 100 warm up and see how this progresses. Intimate, deep, rich. Even a bit analogue. Off the top id upgrade to oladra if you want to punch above your weight class and K50 isn't in your price point right now. Fantastic christmas gift to myself, although i did pass on abyss phi 1266 complete for this. Happy I did, maybe 1266 next year...
Nice snow day (blizzard) I hear from transplanted daughter. Good time to sit back and enjoy the tunes before the shoveling begins.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #270 of 296
Nice snow day (blizzard) I hear from transplanted daughter. Good time to sit back and enjoy the tunes before the shoveling begins.
Have a direct drive honda snowblower, a real tank. But waiting for the plow to do our road, then get to remove that dump, until then just relaxing with tunes, how's the k30?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back