Antipodes Audio DX V3 music server roon core, one mans unofficial guide down the rabbit hole.
Jan 17, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #271 of 296
Have a direct drive honda snowblower, a real tank. But waiting for the plow to do our road, then get to remove that dump, until then just relaxing with tunes, how's the k30?
The K30 is settling in. I noticed the first improvement after 2 weeks. More definition. I’m running just roon as a server and roon ready on the player. A great server is the key to a great system as you know. Your upgrade makes me think I should get the EX done. It is the player for the TT. It’s either that or a power conditioner.

Re storm.. daughter says hospital is looking for volunteers. At least she’s got good winter clothes coming from Kenora.

Jan 24, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #272 of 296
week 1. great week, lots of listening. maybe another 25-30 hours in and pretty amazed. The power upgrade with oladra has made me switch from medium gain to low gain on my GSX-MK2. My DX is spitting out upsampling like burning paper with gasoline, probably due to board upgrade, i get 22x max pcm upsampling now. Sound is detailed, musical with all that glorious round notes i visualize, and intimate. The intimacy gives it a slight analogue feel, but im no golden ear, nor golden tongue for these things. I just figured the blog is one mans honest foray into music servers that has taken 5 years, 2 products, 1 hardware upgrade, 2 linux software OP upgrades, and boom here we are. Beautiful no EQ.

The source is important I have found, probably the most important in my trial and error past with each component and cable upgrade I have made. Still get the feeling its an underrated component category, or its considered a luxury and unaffordable. I wouldn't want to be without but as I learnt while my DX was getting upgraded, you get used to anything, I am used to antipodes now.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #273 of 296
just performed my first roon update since i received the oladra upgrade, alls well. large data base update

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #274 of 296
yup back to the wow phase

Mar 9, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #275 of 296
well 3.13 update, multiple roon updates, everything is tickidy boo. still on roon, haven't even bothered checking anything else, just too damn good as is, and im lazy as frack

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #276 of 296
well six months in to oladra upgrade, 3-4 roon updates, operating 3.13 on my antipodes, everything operational, sounds better, no other boxes purchased yet. Going bear back from DX3 to TT via sarum T Digital usb. operating at max ppm which is 386 for TT, just spitting through it at 25 times processing speed. Yup still impressed, still tons of listening to be done, cheers

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #277 of 296
3.14 installed no problems. don't use squeeze or HQ player so... sounds about the same?

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #278 of 296
Installed the new roon core 2.0, everything seems fine, sounding great as usual. Now will try installing the new roon remote called arc on my portable devices, my desktop stays as is under 2.0 it seems.

Sep 20, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #279 of 296
Yup roon arc up and running pretty easy updates and installations, cheers

Oct 7, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #280 of 296
Looks like mark c has confirmed dx3 oladra does have 64 bit architecture to receive Amsv4 later this month. Let you all know then, then.

Oct 17, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #281 of 296
Don't know what's happening, if recent roon updates or oladra burn in, but SQ is getting better, more detail yet relaxed, not as in your head or face as a metaphor well just keeping on keeping on, waiting passively for amsv4....

Oct 17, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #282 of 296
Don't know what's happening, if recent roon updates or oladra burn in, but SQ is getting better, more detail yet relaxed, not as in your head or face as a metaphor well just keeping on keeping on, waiting passively for amsv4....
I agree. I was playing roon through the Hqplayer engine but after release 2.0 I am back to roon direct. Some Antipodes users swear by Squeeze but the user experience cannot come close to roon imho.

Nov 9, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #283 of 296
well originally thought gee after a month lets see how this asmv4 thing is going? Contacted mark and thought i guess ill need a remote session, no middle of the night deposit.... eye roll, all i had to do was hit the manage button and advance. Did that and presto there it was. So hesitantly i hit it and Shazam it was done in 20 seconds. Please reboot, so i did. Had to hit roon in the solution screen and music, wonderful music played. so oladra dx3 is now asmv4 updated. roon as well yesterday so i guess, everything tickydeeboo. Still think antipodes and mark are the bomb, cheers.

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #284 of 296
I agree. I was playing roon through the Hqplayer engine but after release 2.0 I am back to roon direct. Some Antipodes users swear by Squeeze but the user experience cannot come close to roon imho.
I had a friend come round with his Oladra to compare to my K50 a couple of days ago and we were both using Roon with the Squeezelite player. I think we had both come to the same conclusion that this combination is now sufficiently close to Squeeze + Squeezelite to be a viable option.

Nov 13, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #285 of 296
I had a friend come round with his Oladra to compare to my K50 a couple of days ago and we were both using Roon with the Squeezelite player. I think we had both come to the same conclusion that this combination is now sufficiently close to Squeeze + Squeezelite to be a viable option.
Which setting of “use flac compression” do you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back