Answers to your Eddie Current questions!
Jun 22, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #122 of 292
I will have to see how you guys rate the HD25. It is in the running for my next purchase. Runners in the race for purchase are HD25,PPX3, Rudy RP4,Woo custom 1. I allready have the great MapleTree Ear+ Extream. WOW if only someone could do a compairison review between all five of them. Just dreamin.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #123 of 292
I have some pics to post but I am having trouble with posting them. I could email to a volunteer and he could post for me. Either that or someone could give me a quick lesson. I've done it before using manage attachments. When I try it will not upload the pic. If there is a easier way, let me know.

Jun 22, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #126 of 292
Thanks Trevor. Sorry about the quality of the pics. I have only listened to the amp for about 15 minutes. In that time I can say that I enjoyed what I heard. There is no shortage of power. When compared to the xp-7, at the same position on the volume dial, the hd300 produces more volume. It also seems like it produces more music. I don't know if that makes any sense. The music produced by the hd300 seems fuller. There is plenty of bass and no one will confuse this amp with one described as being bright. That is all I can say for know. Hopefully, someone with a better ear for this stuff will provide a review shortly.

Jun 23, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #129 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Fedex delivered to my office and I had to sign for it.

I was afraid I would have to sign. No one will be home.
mad.gif
Oh well maybe I can think of something. Hopefully a signed letter taped to the door telling them to leave the package will do.

Jun 23, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #130 of 292
I have everything delivered to my office for that same reason. I have about 3 hours under my belt so far and I must say I am impressed. I am looking forward to your comparison with the ppx3. I am listening with the volume dial at 8 and if is probably louder than I need. I am off to see Felix and Julius Pastorius at a local club.

Jun 23, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #131 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
I was afraid I would have to sign. No one will be home.
mad.gif
Oh well maybe I can think of something. Hopefully a signed letter taped to the door telling them to leave the package will do.

There's gotta be a way around it, I'm pretty sure that If you sign ahead of time then they will just drop it.

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #132 of 292
Yes, a signed letter effectively saying "I do not hold FedEx responsible for loss / damage of my package. I do release FedEx to deliver to <location>, signed, and dated" will allow FedEx to leave it.

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #133 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
Yes, a signed letter effectively saying "I do not hold FedEx responsible for loss / damage of my package. I do release FedEx to deliver to <location>, signed, and dated" will allow FedEx to leave it.

i remember doing that once, it didn't work. i dont remember which courier or the new policy now though. you might want to try and call fedex first. they will tell you what you can do.

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #134 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork

Thanks trevor, I will give that a try.
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #135 of 292
I've been real lacadaisical in my audio for the past half year or so. I just realized that I need to get a few sets of NOS tubes for the EC. Been doing a little searching and there's some real interesting stuff out there.

I also found a pair of 50s/60s RCA 6SN7GTBs in my stash. Wait...I don't even own a pair of headphones yet!!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back