Answers to your Eddie Current questions!
Jun 17, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #91 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Not only does the name Stark mean something to me but if you read my screen name, does the name Lannister mean anything to you?

I don't know how I managed to miss that before. ^_^

Feast for Crows better be released soon or I'm going to scream. Meanwhile, you might want to cancel that expedited shipping now because there's no way besides next-day that you're going to get that amp by the weekend.

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #93 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by pigmode
I have a kind of simplistic question. If the HD300 is optimized for 300 ohm headphones, which headphones meet that criteria?

I guess the 120 ohm AKG 501 will not work?

THAT'S why you get the paper-in-oil cap upgrade on the line-out! :p

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #94 of 292
I wonder if he will produce a non-existant 10TH anniversary model in a few years?
cool.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #95 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
I wonder if he will produce a non-existant 10TH anniversary model in a few years?
cool.gif

The amps are built. He just needs to mail them. I personally didnt expect the amps to be ready in 6 weeks. There are to many variables that can lead to holdups. For anyone who waited for a gilmore v2(me) this certainly is no worse. The amps will get here at some point just like the v2.

The 120 ohm impedence of the 501s should work fine. The amps output impedence is 80 ohms. I know I read the roach prototype drove the 120 ohm impedence of the akg k1000's without trouble; according to (I think) kentamcolin. Where the amp will have trouble is with low impedence headphones of 32 ohms like the grados and the sony cd3000. 6AS7's are powerful tubes this amp should drive anything with an impedence over 100 ohms.

The upgrade caps for the line out have nothing to do with the headphone output. They are parallel but seperate signal paths. The cap upgrade improves the sound of the line out, and has no effect on the headphone outputs quality, or ability to drive low impedence headphones.

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #96 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
The upgrade caps for the line out have nothing to do with the headphone output. They are parallel but seperate signal paths. The cap upgrade improves the sound of the line out, and has no effect on the headphone outputs quality, or ability to drive low impedence headphones.

Right, but you could connect the line out to a different amp for lower impedance headphones. no?

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:26 PM Post #97 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelesh
Right, but you could connect the line out to a different amp for lower impedance headphones. no?

Wouldn't the tape out be better suited for this?

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #98 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate
Wouldn't the tape out be better suited for this?

The tape out/ rec out would be better to hook up a second amp IMO too.
With the line out you would be amplifying the signal twice and have two volume controls in the signal path.

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #100 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
I just got notification at 3:41 pm est that the amp is on its way by fed ex ground.
icon10.gif

Have they all been shipped?

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #101 of 292
Hi Earl- How are ya! Life has been stressful and swamped for me lately. Looking forward to your impressions!

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #102 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Hi Earl- How are ya! Life has been stressful and swamped for me lately. Looking forward to your impressions!

Where have you been? Nice to have you back. I want to hear more about your dack. So, I will do the hd300 and you can do a dack update.
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #103 of 292
Sorry for the off topic, guys, but I've got some great friends here that I miss. Work has been unbelievably busy the last couple months and along with that I'm building a new home and in the process of getting my current home ready for market. Throw a couple kids into the mix there and you've got a circus life! I've really been enjoying my system a lot but haven't had quite as much time to listen. I still pop in here often but it's brief and don't have the time to post much. There are some really nice tube amps that have me interested (PPX3, Woo Audio, EC HD300) that I have kept tabs on. You just have to get your hands on the Woo Audio amp, Earl, and then I can disect your impressions of them all to make my choice for a second amp to have around.
evil_smiley.gif
The Ack! is a great little piece, I like it a lot and have no urges to seek out a new source at all. Anyway, good to see you all! I'll PM you, Earl.

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #104 of 292
Email from Craig: Your HD300 shipped today Fedex ground tracking number, 05791262295398. It went with the oil cap upgrade, Svetlana 6AS7, Sovtek 6SN7, manual and schematic.

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #105 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelesh
Email from Craig: Your HD300 shipped today Fedex ground tracking number, 05791262295398. It went with the oil cap upgrade, Svetlana 6AS7, Sovtek 6SN7, manual and schematic.

Good for you! I will try to get those tubes out tomorrow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back