Another vancouver meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #61 of 102
I'll talk to cvince about the SFU thing or his house. STAY TUNED!

EDIT: His house is being rennovated at the moment.

Thus this decides the meet will be in August... unless someone else can host it?
If it does happen in his house, we need some organizers. But that will be decided later I guess.

Jul 19, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #62 of 102
Should we start a sign-up/gear list?

If so... I sign up. Here's my gear:

Headphones
AKG K271S
Beyerdynamics DT770
Audio-Technica EW9
Possible IEM purchase

Amplifiers
PA2V2
Millet Hybrid made by eVITAERC
Corda Headfive #111 - JUST ARRIVED WOOHOO!!!

I'm guessing mid-August for the meet, right?

Jul 19, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #63 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by c
Should we start a sign-up/gear list?

If so... I sign up. Here's my gear:

Headphones
AKG K271S
Beyerdynamics DT770
Audio-Technica EW9
Possible IEM purchase

Amplifiers
PA2V2
Millet Hybrid made by eVITAERC
Corda Headfive #111 - JUST ARRIVED WOOHOO!!!

I'm guessing mid-August for the meet, right?

Assume to be in mid August, hopefully.
wink.gif

I'll keep a track of users and what they're willing to bring.

Please post if you can possibly make a meet sometime in mid-august and post what items you're bringing.

- nsjong (Am I the only one that is interested in organizing? Haha...)

Jul 19, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #64 of 102
I just got affiliated with Head-Fi recently, so I don't really have much to bring... I have a pair of DT880 (2006 ed.) and E4c (for people that have their own tips, or don't mind trying something other than the triple flanges)

Jul 20, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #65 of 102
I'm interested and as far as I can tell, able.

My DT770s are broken so maybe i'll bring those for some advice
biggrin.gif

I guess I'll bring pretty much everything I got:

ATH-W100
ATH-W1000
Senn PX100
UE SF3's
Total Bithead (older ver)

Jul 21, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #66 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeptemberWasp
I'm interested and as far as I can tell, able.

My DT770s are broken so maybe i'll bring those for some advice
biggrin.gif

I guess I'll bring pretty much everything I got:

ATH-W100
ATH-W1000
Senn PX100
UE SF3's
Total Bithead (older ver)

Both users and items have been added to the list.

I am thinking once a hosting place is decided firmly on, I'll make a new thread. Until then, please keep posting here to notify me.

Oh yeah, cvince. Please clear your PM boxes.

Jul 21, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #67 of 102
Hey Everyone,

For this meet....
I'm looking for new Sennheiser Cables, (hopefully a shorter one)..

Getting rid of my HomeVibe (with home-made Tin Battery case, with 2x9Volts) and the Elpac PS.

(I'd prefer something along the lines of the TBH, since it has 2 outputs, and there aint no great love than sharing music...)

Also if anyone is ordering, or is planning to order...

650-grills? Or woodies?

-r

Jul 22, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #69 of 102
Perhaps we should start a new interest thread with a poll for how many people are interested and at what time they will be first. I would do it but I believe someone more qualified and knows what they're talking about should. It seems there may be a lack of people interested in a meet in the greater Vancouver area.

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #70 of 102
Hi Guys. I wanted to let you know that I'd love to make it up there for your meet, if you'll have me. My schedule is somewhat limited, but I could make it up for either day of the weekend Aug 26 or 27. I got paperwork to get me across the border for the Hamilton meet, and got an extra set just in case I could sync up with one of your meets. Next available weekend after that would be Sept 23 or 24. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Jul 22, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #71 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Hi Guys. I wanted to let you know that I'd love to make it up there for your meet, if you'll have me. My schedule is somewhat limited, but I could make it up for either day of the weekend Aug 26 or 27. I got paperwork to get me across the border for the Hamilton meet, and got an extra set just in case I could sync up with one of your meets. Next available weekend after that would be Sept 23 or 24. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Great news.
biggrin.gif

I think we should host it then just for Tyll.
evil_smiley.gif

So my sister can book a room at the library at SFU but it's only for 2 hours and the largest room only holds up to 8 people. Maybe if you bunch of SFUers are here to help me...?

Still waiting for cvince's option. He needs to:
A. Finish the renovation of his house (hope it turns out well)
B. Clear his PM box.

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #72 of 102
Hey Guys,

I really dont think SFU for 2 hours would be sufficient. I have asked my friend who lives in Richmond to borrow his apartment, and he's definitely fine with it.

Seeing he lives alone, and has all the time in the world, we can stay as long as we want. It's probably not the biggest of places, but it'd be cozier, and we can just hang out, and really appreciate music for a few hours, (till midnight easily)

PROS: We can bring drinks, pizza, food, ... oh.. and even play Risk, in which case I will demolish you , or play monopoly in which I will rule with a Trump like fist. I suggest we have mini-games : )

Here's one, I saw on a game show a while back: Basically an individual is wearing closed headphones, and he has to sing whatever song he hears. And another group has to guess.. So damn funny, when I saw it.

(It works better, when the language is foreign to him, but oh well. Just thought I'd try to spice things up)

For those who made it to Wicked Cafe, it'll probably be about the same space.(Maybe a tad more crowded) (bring bean bag chairs?)

Views LOVELY! (Fine Flat Richmond suburban skyline : )

Anyday, anytime is fine. It's about 5 mins walk from the 99-B-Line.

It isn't the prettiest of places, but it'll do.

Power: I hope the power requirements are enough. (haha)

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #73 of 102
So I won't be there to be listening to the bestest, and newestest of rigs...

but I will be there to hear some great new music!?

Would you guys all like start a little list going, about the music you do like? And perhaps if someone comes across something similar, or that we "all gots to hear it"... it'd be a big bonus for me!

I like the new Thursday Album, Darkness by Distrubed, Blindside, anything with great socially conscious lyrics, Flaw, j-Rock such as...

Pink Spider, The Back Horn, Shina Ringo, Briliant Green, (anyone have Do As Infinity albums??), and others.

-r

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #74 of 102
Hmm.. if the meet will be held late in August, I don't think I will be able to make it as I'm only in Vancouver for the summer and will be leaving around the 20th of August.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #75 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan
Hmm.. if the meet will be held late in August, I don't think I will be able to make it as I'm only in Vancouver for the summer and will be leaving around the 20th of August.

Bah, this is really disappointing...

Enricht, that apartment sounds like a good idea.
Unless people wanted to dish out money to reserve the meet in Wicked cafe.

But I think it's best that it be held in summer before school starts and everyone is busy again.
I presume We'll make this the official BC meet?

A few more responses and then I'll make a new thread regarding the actual meet place and time.

EDIT: I'm swaying for the idea of the apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back