Another vancouver meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 102
well for those in favor of my house, PM me and I'll give you an address. However, we should let the OP, or whoever is organizing this thing decide, so we can come up with a unanimous decision. I won't pull any strings here. If it's at my house, fine. If it's at the UBC library, that's also fine. It's all up to you guys. I'll be coming regardless (unless it's not in Vancouver).

I also really want to hear eVITAREC's K701s. I have grado HF-1s as a fun phone, but I also want something more subdued and neutral, and reading around the forum, it looks like the 701s fit the bill for something under $400. So eVITAREC, if you could please bring them to the meet, I'd be super happy
biggrin.gif

If it ends up being at my place, keep in mind that I won't tolerate smoking within the house. That's the only rule I can think of now
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #33 of 102
I'm down for whereever. Being in <shudder> Surrey at the moment, I'll be driving regardless, and that isn't much of a concern at all.
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #34 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvince
well for those in favor of my house, PM me and I'll give you an address. However, we should let the OP, or whoever is organizing this thing decide, so we can come up with a unanimous decision. I won't pull any strings here. If it's at my house, fine. If it's at the UBC library, that's also fine. It's all up to you guys. I'll be coming regardless (unless it's not in Vancouver).

I also really want to hear eVITAREC's K701s. I have grado HF-1s as a fun phone, but I also want something more subdued and neutral, and reading around the forum, it looks like the 701s fit the bill for something under $400. So eVITAREC, if you could please bring them to the meet, I'd be super happy
biggrin.gif

If it ends up being at my place, keep in mind that I won't tolerate smoking within the house. That's the only rule I can think of now
biggrin.gif

Depends, how large is your house?

Jun 22, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #35 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeptemberWasp
I'm down for whereever. Being in <shudder> Surrey at the moment, I'll be driving regardless, and that isn't much of a concern at all.
biggrin.gif

LOL, maybe have the meet in *shudder* Surrey
biggrin.gif
heh, just kidding.

i'd like to hear those Audio-Technica woodies you got there!

Jun 22, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #36 of 102
Quote:

I also really want to hear eVITAREC's K701s. I have grado HF-1s as a fun phone, but I also want something more subdued and neutral, and reading around the forum, it looks like the 701s fit the bill for something under $400. So eVITAREC, if

Don't worry, Clutz have a pair of K701s as well. Me? I think you'll want to be looking forward to the other 2 pieces of sekrit weapon that I'll be bringing
icon10.gif

I'll give a hint.... I probably won't bring to this meet anything I brought to the last meet... last time I brought all phnes....

Jun 22, 2006 at 10:22 AM Post #37 of 102
Quote:

So in which general area do you live?

Jun 22, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #38 of 102
I'm interestd in coming as well. As for gear, I have the DARED MP-5 Tube amp, PA2V2, and a pair of K501s... Please let me know when and where its going to be since it will be a great opportunity to meet others in Vancouver with a head-fi interest and to try out other gear... Thanks!

Jun 23, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #39 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Depends, how large is your house?

well.. the main and second floor is a bit cluttered, and we probably can't do it there because of noise, but it's a 4000-5000 sq ft house with a 1600sq ft basement. The main room in the basement is done kinda like a mini gym or exercise room, and it should be enough to fit around 20 people with ample space. 30 might be pushing it.

Not the most soundproof though. Things tend to leak through the main floor and the basement, and my siblings can be noisy. If you want quiet, UBC is probably the best deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eVITAERC
So in which general area do you live?

North-East Coquitlam. If you want an address, PM me or request a PM. I'm not about to disclose a specific location openly for everyone to see.

Jun 23, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #40 of 102
Count me in! cvince's place sounds like its big enough to hold a meet. He's got my vote. Some stuff i got Senn HD650's, PX100, PPro. Source: Zhaolu DAC 1.3 & 2.0 both modded. Amps: Xin Supermini-III & Supermacro-IIIV6. IC's:Headphile Blackmax RCA-mini, Mini-minis(Rnb180 Diamond&Skyblue, Cardas HPI, Canare Starquad). I also would like to try the 701's between 650's.

Jun 24, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #43 of 102
yeah.. date/time can be an issue. I forgot to mention that we are actually planning to work on some rennovating/redecorating which could take around a month (which the basement will be occupied by heaps of junk), and I'm not sure when that is going to start. Hopefully the meet will be before then, otherwise we can't have it at my place.

Jun 24, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #44 of 102
Personally, Sundays are the best day for me due to my gf and mine's work schedule. I'm guessing people traditionally don't want to stay up late on Sunday bcause most work Monday morning, so early Sunday afternoon sometime?

I'd suggest picking the Sunday the furthest away to maximize the number of people that would see this, and give people time to make plans before you need to do your house renovations and I think it'd be great. That being said, if a different day works better for you, no problem... it's your house, you call the shots. Thanks again for offering your house for the meet!

Jun 24, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #45 of 102
Hello everyone, I haven't posted anything in a long time basically because I haven't got the money to get serious in the business. All I've got is my good ol Senns 280 silver and my desperation for anything better than my laptop headphone out. Anyways, I'm going to my 3rd year mech engineering at UBC, so if the meeting is to be at UBC count me in. Hope to meet you and grow my hunger for spending money the good way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back