Another vancouver meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #76 of 102
The apartment place sounds like the best place.
I'm a big fan of J-pop. I listen to Do as Infinity also!
biggrin.gif
I have 3 of their albums, "Do the Best, Gates of Heaven, and Need your Love". Also have their whole albums collection in lossless files. Another favorite recommended is Garnet Crow, Larc en Ciel, really good stuff.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #78 of 102
I'm not sure who's still reading this post... but I'd like to keep it seperate from the Official one.

My hope for this, is to make this as big and as FUN, as possible.

We have plans to expand this past the original cozy setting, outside our comfort zone, and hopefully some thinking outside the box.

Generally, I find people who wear headphones, (the bigger, the better), as naturally cooler than the average joe. So we need cool ideas.

(Note: Do not take everything I say seriously : )

Given a huge relatively Huge Lecture Hall, unlimited power supply, and hopefully a solid turnout....

We need ideas on keeping things fun, exciting? relaxed? wacky?

Security? How we going to keep things secure, if there's a massive turnout?
Throw out anything.... How did they do it at the National Head-Fi meet?

(As much as I'd like this to remain in a secret society with only the hardest of die-hardest zealots of the true Headphone Revolution coming... what if this snowballs? Tyll's coming? Can Canada be saved from expensive headphone prices? And our low population per capita? Is what I'm saying even English?)

Music? It use to be about the music....but now we're gear heads with no passion. Double -Sigh? Anyone have ideas of how to work spreading good music? With the lust, er, love of audio enginneering excellence?

I am going to get Whiteboards for everyone to blab their thoughts and opinions, with their own nasty handwriting, about headphones, or gear combos... whatever. It'll have a lot more personal touch, and you can add Hearts to your i's if you want!

Can anyone bring video cameras? Or hell laptops with Webcams, would be nice. I want to edit a Mockumentary, and put it on Google.Video. or youtube : )

... I'm uber excited.

I'm going to try my luck with Commercial Electronics, and Sound PLUS etc, to see if we can snag some swanky sponsors.

-r

Jul 24, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #79 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enricht

I'm going to try my luck with Commercial Electronics, and Sound PLUS etc, to see if we can snag some swanky sponsors.

-r

lol ambitious!
You do that! It'd kick ass

Jul 24, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #80 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Great news.
biggrin.gif

I think we should host it then just for Tyll.
evil_smiley.gif

So my sister can book a room at the library at SFU but it's only for 2 hours and the largest room only holds up to 8 people. Maybe if you bunch of SFUers are here to help me...?

Still waiting for cvince's option. He needs to:
A. Finish the renovation of his house (hope it turns out well)
B. Clear his PM box.

Cleared.

If things go well, it should be done by next week.
Did you send me anything else?

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #81 of 102
Im in!

See sig for stuff i'll bring.

Oh and im running 7n7 tubes instead of 6sn7 (IMO much MUCH better)

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #82 of 102
Any prog rock fans around here in Vancity? I just moved to Vancouver and I'd really like to meet some friends with good taste in music! If you're a musician, that's even better. Let's shoot the ****!

May 26, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #87 of 102
If it's not when my baby is due/arrives I'm in (eta July 8). If it is on a Saturday or Sunday night I could also host it in my clinic at Granville and 70 (free parking outside door). We have 7 treatment rooms so lots of potential for different setups. It would have to be after 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back