Another Seattle (mini-)meet?
Aug 19, 2003 at 6:35 AM Post #91 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M. (Hmm... seems like Eric is really working hard to make up those 400 lost posts given the 20 posts he's made in the last 5 minutes.
tongue.gif
)

Actually, I was trying to get the "last post by X" line for each forum (on the main page) to say eric343. In the middle of peak usage time.

Hey, I had some spare time
wink.gif
[/quote]
It's only fun when there are plenty of females here but frankly, we're not going to get any coming to something like this.
frown.gif

Quote:

Awwww...!
biggrin.gif

Talk to Eric about keyboards. He can probably source you one that's indestructible and a registered lethal weapon.[/quote] It's the IBM Model M. And no I'm not crazy, there are people out there crazier about it than I am: http://www.modelm.org
Quote:

I don't know where you got the impression that I was a total non-geek. Just because I do a lot of stuff outside the house like [...]skirt chasing

Teach me!
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #92 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Actually, I was trying to get the "last post by X" line for each forum (on the main page) to say eric343. In the middle of peak usage time.

Hey, I had some spare time
wink.gif

Shouldn't you be like soldering that tube CMOY or something?
tongue.gif

Even if I could find a nice girl who would be interested in a headphone meet, do you think I'm stupid enough to share her with you guys? That would be strictly a private audition.

As for teaching you how to chase skirts, I'm not fond of getting busted for corrupting a minor.

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:33 AM Post #93 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.

As for teaching you how to chase skirts, I'm not fond of getting busted for corrupting a minor.

No law against that IIRC.

Aug 19, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #94 of 120
I just talked with Headroom. As expected, they won't be able to get us gear for this meet. However, just for future reference, they sorta want the following:

Name
Address
Phone number
E-mail address
Head-Fi nick

Depending on the gear and the reputation, a credit card number just in case.

Other than that, they pay shipping to us, we pay shipping back to them.

Anyhow.. once I figure out what some other people are doing on Thursday night, I'll have a definitive answer as to what I'm doing on Thursday night...

Hope to see y'all there.

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:19 PM Post #95 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
... Anyhow.. once I figure out what some other people are doing on Thursday night, I'll have a definitive answer as to what I'm doing on Thursday night...

Hope to see y'all there.

Translation: If I don't get a better offer then I'm going to hang out with you bozos.
tongue.gif

(Don't feel bad, I know that we'd all do the same thing.
wink.gif
)

Anyhow, I'm going to send out PMs to the people who are driving. I'm assuming at the moment it will be: binary_digit, hi_jack and xtreme4099.

If there is anyone else who is driving then please let me know asap. I will send out a small map to deal with the off-ramp since my place is right off the off-ramp and it's easy to shoot past it.

I'm picking up Eric and fewtch. I think hi_jack is going to try to pick up zzz (I'll PM both and have them work it out). If anyone else needs a ride then let us know asap.

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #96 of 120
Quote:

I'm picking up Eric and fewtch. I think hi_jack is going to try to pick up zzz (I'll PM both and have them work it out). If anyone else needs a ride then let us know asap.

Thanks Wilson... I'll PM you on Wednesday and we can hook up as far as what time (if you meet me outside the QFC store, also what I'll be wearing, etc. so you recognize me -- it's probably easier than driving around a condo complex looking for the right building and floor, especially if it's dark [?]).

Edit -- or we could talk on the phone... except I check my PM's here a lot more often than the damn answering machine!
biggrin.gif
Anyway, whatever works...

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #97 of 120
fewtch: I was under the impression that we would try to meet up earlier (4 pm). I know Eric probably can make it earlier (probably out of school by 4). I'd swing down to get you first then back up to Bellevue to get Eric.

I know ppl and binary_digit can also come out earlier. It'll give you guys a chance to listen to the speaker system without 10 people crowded in a room. I've told everyone else 7pm because I'm expecting they have to work until a certain time.

Let me know if I'm assumed incorrectly.

Aug 19, 2003 at 8:04 PM Post #98 of 120
Yep, around 4PM would be fine... if you're meeting me at the QFC store, a (+-) 20 minute estimate would be good -- otherwise, I'll PM you my address and better directions if you prefer to come by, or if you have a cell phone I'll give you my number, wait for your call and just walk over to the store when you get there -- it's about a 5 minute walk from here. Whatever's best for you.

Aug 20, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #99 of 120
this thread

Aug 20, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #100 of 120
is now at

Aug 20, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #101 of 120
100 replies !!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 20, 2003 at 8:51 PM Post #102 of 120
Heh... yeah it is a pretty long one for a meeting one.
tongue.gif

My place is actually looking habitable again. Now if only the Hazmat team would get here and sanitize the washroom and we're good to go.
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #103 of 120
Quote:

Heh... yeah it is a pretty long one for a meeting one.
tongue.gif

My place is actually looking habitable again. Now if only the Hazmat team would get here and sanitize the washroom and we're good to go.
wink.gif

Hey, could you send the same team over here when they're done?
biggrin.gif

With just myself and my brother living here, I think what this place could use is a feminine touch. Maybe it's too much of a generalization, but it seems more women care about keeping a place looking clean than guys do. Either that, or guys tend to pay more attention to it with ladies around.
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2003 at 2:00 AM Post #104 of 120
Quote:

fewtch: I was under the impression that we would try to meet up earlier (4 pm). I know Eric probably can make it earlier (probably out of school by 4). I'd swing down to get you first then back up to Bellevue to get Eric.

My school doesn't start until next week; the concern was whether I would be working at the U tomorrow, and it looks like I won't... I still have to rewire the KGSS to get rid of the damned buzz, but otherwise my day is open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back