Another Seattle (mini-)meet?
Aug 21, 2003 at 6:55 PM Post #106 of 120
I'm out.
mad.gif

New radiator for the price of a Cardas. FEH!!!

Sorry all. Sorry me.

I wasn't bringing anything too wonderful anyway; unless some of you hadn't heard the lush and glorious tones of $9.00 Phillips HP170's.

Aug 21, 2003 at 7:27 PM Post #107 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by binary_digit
These will be at the meet I hope?
biggrin.gif

Re: LP's mastered on 35mm magnetic film... I'll bring one (Enoch Light and the Brass Menagerie). Also Enoch Light's "Vibrations" (which wasn't recorded on 35mm but is a terrific, dynamic record anyway -- great for showing off the LP format
cool.gif
).

I'm only bringing a few records (all falling into the "interesting/unusual" category, or for potential comparison on Wilson's table with stuff I recorded digitally). LP's are pretty heavy and bulky to cart around, and I don't have a terribly large collection yet anyway.

Edit -- sorry you can't make it, hi_jack... maybe another one of these could happen in a couple months (?).

Aug 21, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #108 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by hi_jack
I'm out.
mad.gif

New radiator for the price of a Cardas. FEH!!!

Sorry all. Sorry me.

Uh oh, sorry to hear that! Does that mean that zzz isn't coming either?
eek.gif

Aug 21, 2003 at 9:16 PM Post #110 of 120
Just read some of the earlier messages, & noticed a few people are bringing wine. I think perhaps I'll pick up a 6'er (or half case, depending on price) of beer on the way, for anyone (like myself) who doesn't care much for wine. I'll even bow out of Team Cheap Beer for this one occasion
biggrin.gif
. Maybe Heineken as a baseline, & will look for something a bit better.

Edit -- C.U. all in a bit! (the previous Cu. is 6N-OFC, of course...
tongue.gif
)

Aug 22, 2003 at 9:24 AM Post #111 of 120
Anyone who attended the Seattle minimeet, PM me if you'd like the URL to download the pictures I took (in a single Zip file, total size is 4.06MB). These are straight from my digital camera, no resizing/editing/color correction/nothing (except I dumped a few that came out way too dark).

If you use these on a website, please credit me (fewtch) as the photographer, otherwise feel free to use these for any noncommercial purposes you wish.

Nice to meet everyone, and also try some equipment I'll probably never end up buying (particularly the Stax Omega II and the Senn Orpheus -- most of the amps were quite impressive, as well). Special thanks to Wilson for hosting!

I'm off to bed for a long, LONG snooze...
redface.gif

Oct 7, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #114 of 120
Man. I wish we had someone around here like Tuberoller.. who had connections and all that jazz.. and the time to put together a kickin' meet.

*sigh*.. Well. I'll keep wishin'...

Oct 7, 2003 at 1:13 AM Post #115 of 120
why vwap .. you never show up hahaha... ;p~~~~

Oct 7, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #118 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by picklgreen
what do u mean by connections??

Most notably, Tuberoller seems to have quite a few connections in the industry, and not just Headroom/Meier, etc...

While connections may not have been the perfect word to use, either.. He just knows how to get in contact with people, and able to procure cool gear like cables, amps, phones, sources, etc. to use at a meet..

Jan 18, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #120 of 120
Ummm... this thread is ancient, why not start a new thread?
confused.gif

P.S. the meet was fun, see link in my sig
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back