Another bass headphone thread.
Jun 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

synister

New Head-Fier
I recently stepped on and broke the cord on my Audio Technica ATH M50, and instead of repairing it I decided to make a change. I had the ATH M50 for about a year, and these are the primary things I would like to improve on with my next cans. My budget is no more than $120 USD. Also, ill be driving these headphones with a Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium - 192 Khz.

1. More bass. I listen to a lot of dubstep, hip hop, rock, and metal. The M50 was barely acceptable, and id like this to be the biggest improvement. However, I would not settle on a muddy sound for amazing bass.

2. Coiled or replaceable cord.

3. 50MM drivers.

Now for the things I cannot stand in headphones:

1. A cord coming out of both drivers.

2. Cheap plastic. Durability is important to me.

3. Tightness. I like to have a little bit of breathing room.

You guys helped me find the ATH M50s and I hope you can lead me in the right direction once again. Thanks all!

Jun 19, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 21
ath-pro700mk2
Bass,  bass everywhere.  
basshead.gif

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 21
Samson SR850 are very good sounding headphones with deep punchy bass.

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 21
I recently stepped on and broke the cord on my Audio Technica ATH M50, and instead of repairing it I decided to make a change. I had the ATH M50 for about a year, and these are the primary things I would like to improve on with my next cans. My budget is no more than $120 USD. Also, ill be driving these headphones with a Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium - 192 Khz.

1. More bass. I listen to a lot of dubstep, hip hop, rock, and metal. The M50 was barely acceptable, and id like this to be the biggest improvement. However, I would not settle on a muddy sound for amazing bass.

3. 50MM drivers.

You guys helped me find the ATH M50s and I hope you can lead me in the right direction once again. Thanks all!

i don't really think there is a better headphones than the m50 for 120 bucks. you could try the akg k181dj but the build quality is shoddy.

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 21

Quote:

3. 50MM drivers.

Why do you want 50mm drivers? That doesn't equate better sound by any measure.

Have you looked over the Sony XB series, like the XB500 or the XB700?

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 21

Quote:
Why do you want 50mm drivers? That doesn't equate better sound by any measure.

Have you looked over the Sony XB series, like the XB500 or the XB700?

There it is. Definitely the most bass with your budget.

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #11 of 21
A bit out of the price range, but don't dismiss Dennon AH-D1100.

They are made of plastic and have cables coming out of both drivers though. I wouldn't worry about the plastic. It's not flimsy at all.

You will love the comfort, and considering your musical tastes I'm sure you will like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back