Annual NHL Play-off thread.
May 2, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #121 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Buffalo got robbed on that shot tonight near the end of the game.

Yup!!! It sure looked like it was all the way over to me..
mad.gif
However, we only have ourselves to blame. You are not going to go far at this time of year if you are stinking the place out for all but 11 minutes at the end of the match. Man we've gotta wake up and soon!
Thank goodness my golf league starts tonight so I'll have something else to vent and moan about...

May 3, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #123 of 218
Man, what an intense game for the Wings. Having your team only score goals in the last 30 seconds of periods makes for some very stressful watching, as it gives you the entire intermission to reflect on the team's lackluster play and get nervous again by the time the puck gets dropped. My hand still hurts from where I inadvertently punched a low part of the ceiling during my celebration of the Holmstrom goal.

What a crazy game. The Wings might not match up all that well to any of the other teams on paper, but we've got some definite veteran mojo working.

May 3, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #125 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is our chances?

Down 3 to 1? Not so great...I mean they could force a game 7, but the stats/odds are against them. I really think this series could have gone either way, forget the first game blow out, Vancouver could easily be up 3 to 1 instead.

May 3, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #126 of 218
NacMacFeegle;2923197 said:
Yup!!! It sure looked like it was all the way over to me..
mad.gif
However, we only have ourselves to blame. You are not going to go far at this time of year if you are stinking the place out for all but 11 minutes at the end of the match. Man we've gotta wake up and soon!

Agreed....I think we are getting outhit. I think Nolan showed everyone how to beat the Sabres by hitting them into submission. This is keeping the boys from playing the wide open game they excel at. I also think they should be able to refuse the penelties with that sad powerplay they have! Hopefully Zuberes can instill a hit the man attitude in the locker room...can"t wait for game 5
icon10.gif

May 4, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #127 of 218
here's my impression of the Canucks for the last two games against the Ducks:

heading into the Ducks zone:

skate, skate, skate...get past the center line, DUMP the puck into the Ducks corner with no one there & play catch up to the puck. Ducks now control the puck and easily clear the puck.

Here's my impression of the Canucks on Defence:

scramble for the puck in the corners, and lolly gag trying to clear the puck. if not in the corners and the Ducks have it near the blue line passing it around, the Canucks wait for something to happen & put no pressure on the Ducks.

I am a big fan of the Canucks, but these last two games they've been off their game.

May 4, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #129 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnine Clown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another Canadian team that's out of the race... Sorry Canucks fans. What kind of a goal was that anyway? They just have rotten luck...

That was Roberto Luongo doing his best Patrick Roy impression.

May 4, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #130 of 218
Luongo expected a penalty on the hit and put his arm up...then obviously got caught off guard. Hell of a game he played though, no blame from me on the series loss. Better luck next year...now, good luck on the golf course...

May 4, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #131 of 218
I need a bottle of Canadian Whiskey ... damn Canucks

May 4, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #132 of 218
I hate to blame the refs, as the cliche goes, but that first goal was after clear goaltender interference, and the second was after a clear elbowing penalty. Dirty goals both, and that just makes the loss all that much worse. Luongo played an amazing game, and both teams were playing an amazing OT. It didn't deserve an ending like that.

May 4, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #134 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Canucks are just cursed, in desperate need of some anti-voodoo
rolleyes.gif

oooh Vancouver had a team named Voodoo before. maybe that's why....3 overtime loses. that's simply bad luck

May 4, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #135 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to blame the refs, as the cliche goes, but that first goal was after clear goaltender interference, and the second was after a clear elbowing penalty. Dirty goals both, and that just makes the loss all that much worse. Luongo played an amazing game, and both teams were playing an amazing OT. It didn't deserve an ending like that.

The Canucks stank the place up. I thought it was interefernce at first too with the first goal, but the Ducks player was fed into the net by a Canuck. You could see it clear as day from the behind angle.

The really bad call I saw was when they were called for closing hand on the puck...did you see him getting wicked slashes to his hands by one of the Ducks? I thought they were calling the slashing penalty.

The hit was clean in OT. Had his head down and got his clock cleaned.

Luongo should be sainted for his performance. He stood on his head most of the night. Tough way to lose but there should not have even been an OT with their perfomance in regulation time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back