Annual New Jersey Meet -- Saturday July 24th
Jul 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #181 of 236
I may try to attend this one.

Are equipment owners receptive to listeners using their own CDs? Headphones?

Thanks.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #182 of 236
I wish I could make it, this would have been my first meet.  Unfortunately I'll be down the shore for the weekend.. I'll be there for the next one for sure.. Have a great time!!

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #183 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbone  
I may try to attend this one.
" Are equipment owners receptive to listeners using their own CDs? Headphones?
Thanks."

I'll bring my external CD drive for anyone that wants to listen to their own CD. Hell, we're here to listen to headphones and amps. So plug yours in.

I'm bringing my iPod with a mini to RCA cable so I can listen to what I want instead of bringing CDs. Even though it's not CD quality, I can setup a playlist of the songs I'll use as reference. Except for "quiet hour" there's going to be enough ambient noise coming from all of us fellow Head-Fi'ers that CD quality won't matter too much.

Anyone at the meet is more than welcome to audition anything I have.

See you there.

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #184 of 236
Now we're getting there! Only 3 days to go.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #187 of 236
Is air the guitar allowed? The air microphone? Hey I call the air drums! I guess the Head-Fi jazz band can call the air trumpet. The classical Head-Fi'ers can play the air piano. What about the Head-Fi'er punk band? Will they start smashing their air instruments? I won't even talk about the metal band and what they might do. LoL! I might hang out with the Head-Fi prog band and see what really happened to syd Barrett.

:)

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #188 of 236
I can hardly wait. Larry's got us spoiled here. Loads of space...bring lots of gear, people!

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #189 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1032  
" I can hardly wait. Larry's got us spoiled here. Loads of space...bring lots of gear, people!"

-HD800
-HE-6
-HE-5LE
-K-701
-M50
-D1001
-RE0
-GLite
-LDMKIII
-MSSHT
-D2+ Boa
-C316BEE
-iPod
-LOD
-ICs
-Flashlight
-SPL meter
-voltage meter
-netbook
-external CD drive
-DacMagic
-5 headphone stands
-power cords
-power strips
-assorted cables

Did I forget anything?

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #190 of 236
A couple of questions about the auction:

Is the $ raised used to pay for the room/other expenses? (I think I read that somewhere.)
Are used, but working iPods or accessories (shuffle, nano, LOD) suitable items?

Thanks.

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #191 of 236

Quote:
Is the $ raised used to pay for the room/other expenses? (I think I read that somewhere.)
Are used, but working iPods or accessories (shuffle, nano, LOD) suitable items?

Yes, the money collected is used to pay for the room. In the past we have given excess money to the NJ food bank or head-fi, but it is always handled transparently. 

After the meet we usually go out for dinner, but this is a totally separate thing. Money collected for the meet is NOT used to pay for dinner. 

Anything you can donate to the auction/raffle is appreciated. 

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #193 of 236
Ok, so far I have dug up one thing for the auction.

DIYers this is for you.

61" of brand new Siltech LS-38iQ wire. This is a modest pure Siltech G6 Silver/Gold twisted pair speaker cable (unterminated). Many manufacturers or DIY'rs use this for internal wiring of amplifiers. Also perfect for making a ultra high quality set of jumpers. I suppose you could use it for IC, but that's not it's intended use. Retail for the LS-38 iQ is around $120 per linear meter. This is a little more than 1.5 meters, so that's $180 retail worth of Siltech. No reserve, but it would be criminal if it goes for less than $20- $30

Get real Siltech for what some of you are paying for crappy Mundorf :)

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #194 of 236
Baka: Wow, thats a lot of equipment you're bringing!  Could I have a chance to try the HD800 and HE-5LE with my Auditor?  

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #195 of 236

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1032  
" I can hardly wait. Larry's got us spoiled here. Loads of space...bring lots of gear, people!"

-HD800
-HE-6
-HE-5LE
-K-701
-M50
-D1001
-RE0
-GLite
-LDMKIII
-MSSHT
-D2+ Boa
-C316BEE
-iPod
-LOD
-ICs
-Flashlight
-SPL meter
-voltage meter
-netbook
-external CD drive
-DacMagic
-5 headphone stands
-power cords
-power strips
-assorted cables

Did I forget anything?

Your nuts. I guess I dont need to bring anything as you will have it all. LOL There is gonna be bunch stuff you have there you need three table just for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back