Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Aug 12, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #169 of 435
I was wondering if the big difference here is the cable? Like if you wanted a nicer set of drivers + the mic if you could just get the cable and attach it to your LCD-4 and have the same thing with better drivers than the GX? Or is there something specific to the GX package? I have the Mobius which I like but I still think the mic is kind of crappy. The pictures here look like they have the same kind of Mic as the Mobius. Anyways I'm casually curious about these. Really would be cool if they could some how manage a wireless LCD-XC or LCD-4 and have it sound as good as the wired version but that may be dreaming given the protocol chipset dac amping issues/nightmare... Maybe it could come with backpack for the electronics and battery LOL.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #170 of 435
Y
I was wondering if the big difference here is the cable? Like if you wanted a nicer set of drivers + the mic if you could just get the cable and attach it to your LCD-4 and have the same thing with better drivers than the GX? Or is there something specific to the GX package? I have the Mobius which I like but I still think the mic is kind of crappy. The pictures here look like they have the same kind of Mic as the Mobius. Anyways I'm casually curious about these. Really would be cool if they could some how manage a wireless LCD-XC or LCD-4 and have it sound as good as the wired version but that may be dreaming given the protocol chipset dac amping issues/nightmare... Maybe it could come with backpack for the electronics and battery LOL.
Yeah, I was a backer for the Mobius and couldn't handle that microphone and the user interface for the switch modes, to complicated and no memory (e.g when turning on every single time I needed to do all the switches cycle to turn off the 3D motion, was no way to make off as standard). Sold it really quick.

The GX looks my area (no gimmick), but the microphone being the same as the Mobius is a big negative for me. If Audeze is smart enough, they would sell the microphone cable as an accessory on their site, so much people asking if that would be an option.

About Dac/amp setup, I think GX will be a home option and Mobius a mobile one. imagine those huge notebooks + dac/amp setup + the GX box on a backpack. Or a professional player with an open headphone on a championship noise stadium, no way.

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #171 of 435
Y

Yeah, I was a backer for the Mobius and couldn't handle that microphone and the user interface for the switch modes, to complicated and no memory (e.g when turning on every single time I needed to do all the switches cycle to turn off the 3D motion, was no way to make off as standard). Sold it really quick.

The GX looks my area (no gimmick), but the microphone being the same as the Mobius is a big negative for me. If Audeze is smart enough, they would sell the microphone cable as an accessory on their site, so much people asking if that would be an option.

About Dac/amp setup, I think GX will be a home option and Mobius a mobile one. imagine those huge notebooks + dac/amp setup + the GX box on a backpack. Or a professional player with an open headphone on a championship noise stadium, no way.

Not sure if anything changed from the kickstarter but the mic on the mobius is pretty dang good for what it is. Even RTINGS has it rated as one of the highest quality of any production headsets. I use it for work calls and games and it's been great.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audeze/mobius

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #172 of 435
Not sure if anything changed from the kickstarter but the mic on the mobius is pretty dang good for what it is. Even RTINGS has it rated as one of the highest quality of any production headsets. I use it for work calls and games and it's been great.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audeze/mobius
Cool, I hope it changed or mine was defective. I bought it basically to be used at work and every single call I had with it the other person complained and no adjustment of the position helped enough.

Aug 14, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #174 of 435

I felt the same. I know Audeze had some Mobius firmware updates to try and adjust sensitivity. I got one firmware update. I wouldn't say it's terrible but what I prefer and use is my cellphone with the Apple earbuds or my Westones. The Mobius are just wireless headphones and in pinch I plug in the mic and use that like when I need to have something like Skype working but I never preferred the Mobius mic. Hopefully they've made some refinements for the GX. I think it would be one part hardware and one part software. If the underlying hardware is really good then they can fix the software as they iterate through the updates and receive feedback (in theory). However the earbud Mics seem to just work and nobody complains I'm fading in and out, or distorting, or too quiet...

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #175 of 435
I felt the same. I know Audeze had some Mobius firmware updates to try and adjust sensitivity. I got one firmware update. I wouldn't say it's terrible but what I prefer and use is my cellphone with the Apple earbuds or my Westones. The Mobius are just wireless headphones and in pinch I plug in the mic and use that like when I need to have something like Skype working but I never preferred the Mobius mic. Hopefully they've made some refinements for the GX. I think it would be one part hardware and one part software. If the underlying hardware is really good then they can fix the software as they iterate through the updates and receive feedback (in theory). However the earbud Mics seem to just work and nobody complains I'm fading in and out, or distorting, or too quiet...
That can be the case for the Mobius, with firmware update to try to correct the issues. But for the GX everything is analog, so if the microphone is not good, will be hard to correct it manually without a mic mixer system. Let's see how it goes after these latest delays, I'm really interested in this one.

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #176 of 435
sorry if this was answered but how does the mic work?

as in, i plug the headphones into headphone amp but then where do i plug mic into? back of computer? is there any headphone amp/dac that has mic input and headphone output?

Aug 18, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #180 of 435

Users who are viewing this thread

Back