Mar 26, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #211 of 314

no no no pls this can't end well XD

It never does! 
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #212 of 314
Where's that $600 HE-6

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #213 of 314
Through what amp?

Just in time to put my popcorn inside the oven...the next 6 pages will be back and forth argument about which amp for HE-6, and who uses which speaker amps for their HE-6 :joy:

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #214 of 314
Just in time to put my popcorn inside the oven...the next 6 pages will be back and forth argument about which amp for HE-6, and who uses which speaker amps for their HE-6 :joy:

Just so happens tested my First Watt F7 at a few friends' places (Speaker setup). Using the same DAC/Pre (Chord Dave). Turns out, my HE-6 needed a higher volume than my friend's 88db speakers. The F7 is just about perfect in terms of the amount of power needed and volume reached for the HE-6.

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #216 of 314
Mar 27, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #217 of 314
another sus-vara-picious thing i noticed

one of the main culprits (as per hifiman, from the locked edition 6 thread) for susvara high price tag, cnc manufacturing, somehow failed to make the hek v2 price rise vs the non cnc hek, both being $3k (margin must ve been rly decent on the hek)

also hifiman it would seem is making some additional $$$, by direct sales of the refurbished heks customers turned in for the v2 upgrade program (seems legit but why would they charge $650+ for the upgrade when they already got a fat margin on the original heks sold)

also it would seem the hek v2 performs significantly worse vs the original hek, measurements wise

he-6 has been discontinued, which is good cos it was really of outdated design, too bad hifiman seems to be trying to cash in with the created void

can't wait for the release and pre-release hypx0rz, to begin the mass minds' conditioning

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #218 of 314
  another sus-vara-picious thing i noticed

one of the main culprits (as per hifiman, from the locked edition 6 thread) for susvara high price tag, cnc manufacturing, somehow failed to make the hek v2 price rise vs the non cnc hek, both being $3k (margin must ve been rly decent on the hek)

also hifiman it would seem is making some additional $$$, by direct sales of the refurbished heks customers turned in for the v2 upgrade program (seems legit but why would they charge $650+ for the upgrade when they already got a fat margin on the original heks sold)

also it would seem the hek v2 performs significantly worse vs the original hek, measurements wise

he-6 has been discontinued, which is good cos it was really of outdated design, too bad hifiman seems to be trying to cash in with the created void

can't wait for the release and pre-release hypx0rz, to begin the mass minds' conditioning

good customer service.it's probably their way to say thank you to their loyal beloved beta tester i mean customer 

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #219 of 314
Can HFM or its rep come out and state categorically that those who stumped up additional $650 + insurance + shipping (adds up to approx $1K on top of the $3K for the original HEK) to upgrade their V1 to V2 are not merely getting a recycled year old V1 driver thrown inside a V2 housing and allowed HFM to laugh its way to the bank?

Are we then getting a totally factory fresh unit with every V2?

Food for thought...

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #220 of 314
Can HFM or its rep come out and state categorically that those who stumped up additional $650 + insurance + shipping (adds up to approx $1K on top of the $3K for the original HEK) to upgrade their V1 to V2 are not merely getting a recycled year old V1 driver thrown inside a V2 housing and allowed HFM to laugh its way to the bank?

Are we then getting a totally factory fresh unit with every V2?

Food for thought...

what do you expect?

when basically.. this is speculation. they buy back the headphone for $650 and then sell it for $2000

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #221 of 314

Yeah, let's just piss and moan about multiple revisions and make fun of Fang like real adults!

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #222 of 314
what do you expect?

when basically.. this is speculation. they buy back the headphone for $650 and then sell it for $2000

They do give you the new V2 as well. So they would make a total of $2650 and give away a pair of an HEK v2 for it. Thats not a bad price. Yes people who paid full $3K for V1 were in a bad place.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #223 of 314

what do you expect?

They do give you the new V2 as well. So they would make a total of $2650 and give away a pair of an HEK v2 for it. Thats not a bad price. Yes people who paid full $3K for V1 were in a bad place.

well it's not like that lol,

u must be an original hek owner (you can't upgrade a refurbished v1), then you can get a v2 by turning in your hek (just phones and cables) + pay $650 + pay shipping to hifiman,

so, hifiman 1st gets the margin on the original hek sale + $650 to cover it's side of the v2 replacement costs + directly resales the v1 for a second time, for $2k

life is good, when business is good

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #224 of 314
well it's not like that lol,

u must be an original hek owner (you can't upgrade a refurbished v1), then you can get a v2 by turning in your hek (just phones and cables) + pay $650 + pay shipping to hifiman,

so, hifiman 1st gets the margin on the original hek sale + $650 to cover it's side of the v2 replacement costs + directly resales the v1 for a second time, for $2k

life is good, when business is good

Assuming you bought V1 at $3K, you paid another $650 and Hifiman sold it for $2K. They make a total of $5650 for 2 pairs
i.e. V1 and V2, little less than they wouldve made not offering the upgrade and selling V2 at $3K considering the V1 was already sold.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #225 of 314
that is irrelevant,

my point is, why charge $650 + shipping for the upgrade, if they plan to make more than enough $$$ to cover for it, by reselling the v1?

also one can not insure the package cos they ll charge you their import tax if the parcel is declared above $50, so if it gets damaged in transit, you are screwed,

like if one would not be entitled to a recall after spending $3k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back