Angry, upset and desperate... need new headphones!!!! HELP!
Jun 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Harinda80

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I want to start off by saying that this is my first post on HF, but have been reading plenty of articles and really think some excellent advice is available from all you pros.

So, my story is quite simple. In the last 12 months, I have gone through about 8 pairs of headphones. I travel a lot and sometimes to some remote places that are humid or hot or extremely cold etc. and not conducive to delicate electronics (2 ipods, a camera and some other gadgetry have been lost as of late).

I usually have two pairs with me all the time. One is for travel and one is for gym/running use. At home (in the US) I have a pair of V-moda Crossfade LPs which I didn't bring with me (as I'm on the road now in Sri Lanka where I stopped off in Ethiopia and Italy on the way here-- to give you an idea of my travels). I love the sound quality in these for what i consider a mid-range pair of cans. I wouldn't mind a bit more detail in mid-bass and mid-treble areas, but that's if I'm being picky.

My other headphones that I brought with me were the Monster Jamz - Lil' Jamz (I tried the other higher end headphones, but found that these had the best detail and balance) and the Sennheiser CX500 which i use for running. With regards to the Lil' Jamz, they are my third or fourth pair of headphones. Though Monster Cable allows for an AWESOME warranty service, I'm sick of calling them and getting a new pair which just break down on me again and again. As for the CX500 headphones, they have a volume control which when you sweat, isn't the ideal (the volume knob broke off).

So, at this point, I have tried a variety of headphones (tons of sennheisers, etymotic, shures - which I don't like at all and the likes). I want a pair that have a good fit/seal, great sound quality, and are durable... I don't abuse my headphones AT ALL. They get folded up and placed in a case... but I seem to be getting all the lemons, or the headphone Gods hate me.

Sorry for the long writeup. I'm partially angry and partially upset. I really would appreciate any references for both travel and gym/running headphones. One last thing... I listen to all sort of music - house, minimal, opera, jazz, african beats, rock, blues etc. Clearly, the music I listen to when I run is of a bit more base. I like balance and tons of detail in my sound, but a slight heavyness to the base (not muffled bass, but detailed thumps).

Thanks to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back