Android phones and USB DACs
Nov 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3,361 of 9,526
Galaxy S4 i9505 works with stock music app, after updated to 4.3, with Benhringer uca202. Make sure to check the option in the accessory settings (audio output).

@angeliou, thanks

I've tried it but only stereo or surround can be selected, still it doesn't work on my dac

settings -> my device -> accessory ->
hdmi -> sound output -> stereo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #3,362 of 9,526
@danba

i have microstreamer and s4(i9505) but im having issues(dropped sound)..

if there are any other options for this setup?

thanks

I think you should contact Davy, the developer of USB Audio Recorder PRO.

Simply email me at info AT audio-evolution.com for any issue you have.

If you want, I can have a look what the issue is.
Please start USB Audio Recorder PRO, go to the Prefs tab, select Logging and then Log to file. Exit the app. Go into Android settings, Apps, select USB Audio Recorder PRO and Force Close the app. Start USB Audio Recorder PRO again and take note of what it says exactly. Let me know what it said and please email me the log file called USBAudioLog.txt in the root of your sdcard. Please email to info AT audio-evolution.com.

For anyone who is getting glitches with USB Audio Recorder PRO (for instance with the HRT Microstreamer), could you please try and install this version (this is for people who have purchased it only) :

http://www.audio-evolution.com/priv_downloads/USBAudioRecorderPRO_1.2.7feedbackfix.apk

Please let me know if this changes anything.

Thank you,

Davy

All glitches I previously experienced using my HRT Microstreamer and GS3 with Audio Recorder Pro have now been resolved. Thank you Davy. 

Playback is flawless. Actually a little too flawless..I just heard David Gilmore of Pink Floyd fame clear his throat in the quiet intro of 'Us & Them'. I certainly haven't heard that before! ha ha  Is there such a thing as too much clarity?

@danba, thank for your suggestion

I already send to davy the log, i hope the issues will be solved

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #3,365 of 9,526
Note 3 SM-N9000 working  with the Glacier and the Asus Essence one (muses edition), with all app players.
Any file above 16bit/44.1 will only play with Google play music app.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #3,366 of 9,526
Just a heads up, this is probably the 8 inch version, as the 7 inch doesn't have usb host working (yet).

-Erik

This IS the 8" version, the 7" has a different bezel configuration (much wider at long sides)

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3,367 of 9,526
  Note 3 SM-N9000 working  with the Glacier and the Asus Essence one (muses edition), with all app players.

Asus Essence One has SR leds. What do you get with Google Play Music when playing 24/96 and 24/192? Does the DAC get unaltered signal?

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #3,370 of 9,526
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #3,371 of 9,526

beautiful mini to micro connector :)

where can I purchase this connector and how much?

thanks

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #3,372 of 9,526
[quote name="walkman_heart" url="/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/3360#post_9946756"]@angeliou, thanksI've tried it but only stereo or surround can be selected, still it doesn't work on my dacsettings -> my device -> accessory ->hdmi -> sound output -> stereoSent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Try settings-my device-accessory-audio output mode.[/quote]

finally got it, but still not working on my hrt microstreamer, may be its the android os cannot support hi-rez flac (96/24) files due to its limitation

but my other dac (enma encore) is working since it can process 44/16 flac files

thank you

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #3,373 of 9,526
Got my Nexus 5 about an hour ago.  Charged it up, connected my hifimediy sabre dac to the phone via USB otg (had the headphones plugged in, heard a click).

Then proceed to play music.  Music came out of the phone speakers.  Unplugged and put phone into USB debugging mode, same result. :frowning2:

Haven't tried my Fiio E07k because it needs to be charged, but disappointing.  Did not try UARP because I have no interest in UARP.

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #3,374 of 9,526
In the interest of experimentation, I'm going to get one of those OTG connectors and see if a DAC will work with my Note 3. I have an Audioquest Dragonfly, HifimeDIY, and a few others. None of those DACs however, sound better (to me) out of my laptop than the headphone out of the Note 3 itself. But again, it would be interesting to see if (and how well) it works.

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #3,375 of 9,526
frown.gif
 bummer...

so it will be all the same (Nexus 5/Kitkat)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back