Android phones and USB DACs
Sep 8, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #9,016 of 9,526
From what i gather Android is always upsampling audio unless you use UPAP poweramp or other media players but that limits you to your library. How does upsampling affect the chord mojo SQ??

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #9,017 of 9,526
Hey all,

I recently upgraded my Samsung s6 to Samsung s8+ , and now when I connect my DAC (Oppo HA-2) the phone charges the DAC !

I get a notification "USB charging connected device" .. and it heavily drains my phone battery. Instead of using 5-10% per hour, its now using 30%+

I've got an OTG USB-C to Micro USB cable between the two ... is there any way I can restrict this so it doesn't charge my DAC, and simply sends the audio signal over it, like it did with my Samsung s6 and micro usb to micro usb ?

Thanks!
I know this was a while ago, but I have the exact same issue and setup. When I try choosing the USB options, and choose to charge from the USB device, it just goes away and doesn't change. Weirdest thing. Really haven't seen many other bugs but this seems to be one. I guess the battery drain is related to how charged your HA-2 is. It's frustrating but on the flip side, the HA-2 has a shorter battery life so it does mean longer playback.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #9,018 of 9,526
Anyone tried the mojo with the s8, with the oppo ha-2 it requires a new otg usb c cable, does the same one work wlth the mojo?wanna make sure before buying
How's the mojo working out with the S8 for you?

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #9,019 of 9,526
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #9,020 of 9,526
I know this was a while ago, but I have the exact same issue and setup. When I try choosing the USB options, and choose to charge from the USB device, it just goes away and doesn't change. Weirdest thing. Really haven't seen many other bugs but this seems to be one. I guess the battery drain is related to how charged your HA-2 is. It's frustrating but on the flip side, the HA-2 has a shorter battery life so it does mean longer playback.

You need a new type c otg cable like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/292052970340

Sep 14, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #9,021 of 9,526

So your Samsung s8+ doesn't charge the HA-2?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292052970340[
if I get this, my Samsung s8+ won't charge the Oppo HA-2?

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #9,022 of 9,526
http://www.ebay.com/itm/292052970340

I've purchased two, should have in a few weeks :) now to find the best solution to attach the HA-2 to the S8+ without the straps obscuring the display! :) I was thinking of a velcro strap on the back of the phone, and also one on the HA-2, however maybe a custom case is possible

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #9,023 of 9,526
Yes that cable should allow the ha to operate normally as it used to be on previous galaxy phones. Im still waiting for mine and its been a month lol

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #9,024 of 9,526
now to find the best solution to attach the HA-2 to the S8+ without the straps obscuring the display! :) I was thinking of a velcro strap on the back of the phone, and also one on the HA-2, however maybe a custom case is possible

Havent found a solution yet but i dont think i will as i like the look on my phone naked. I never used cases on phones. I find the s8 audio to be very bright, not to my taste

Sep 14, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #9,025 of 9,526
Havent found a solution yet but i dont think i will as i like the look on my phone naked. I never used cases on phones. I find the s8 audio to be very bright, not to my taste

The S8+ is too slippery for me to use without a case, its the first phone I've ever used in a case, its a shame to hide its beauty :frowning2:

The audio is definitely bright, however I don't mind it, as I do a lot of tweaking with Viper4Android when listening to my JVC SZ2000's.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #9,026 of 9,526
The S8+ is too slippery for me to use without a case, its the first phone I've ever used in a case, its a shame to hide its beauty :frowning2:

The audio is definitely bright, however I don't mind it, as I do a lot of tweaking with Viper4Android when listening to my JVC SZ2000's.
Its the only Phone i havent rooted :D and i dont wanna mess with the EQ. My Mojo will be delivered in the morning and still no cable...My oppo ha se should be here monday. Id rather have their sound signature rather than eq

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #9,028 of 9,526
Exciting times ahead!! :D
Yea i know what om going to be this weekend. Now im thinking about picking up a dap, i dont want to be tied to Tidal because of android upsampling..

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #9,029 of 9,526

Wow, you rooted your s8. Samsung S7 and s8 are the first phones I haven't rooted. Free gift cards are too much to pass up. Samsung pay has a rewards program and unlike credit card rewards, it's not based on how much you spend, but how many times you use it. Almost $300 in Visa gift cards earned since last November.

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #9,030 of 9,526
Wow, you rooted your s8. Samsung S7 and s8 are the first phones I haven't rooted. Free gift cards are too much to pass up. Samsung pay has a rewards program and unlike credit card rewards, it's not based on how much you spend, but how many times you use it. Almost $300 in Visa gift cards earned since last November.

I don't think that exists here in New Zealand :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back