Android phones and USB DACs
Jul 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #6,991 of 9,526
Tidal and Qobuz should both work with UAPP via Bubble UPnP, I can access Google Play Music that way.

The Google Music service has an Authentication API as well as service API, how is Bubble UPnP going to get around that?

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #6,993 of 9,526
The Google Music service has an Authentication API as well as service API, how is Bubble UPnP going to get around that?

Like most Google apps/services I believe the API is accessible to other Android apps. Regardless,it works - in case you missed it I am already using this method.

How do you do this? Also I find Bubble sounds better than UAPP

Set up Google Music in Bubble. Leave Bubble running. Use the UPnP functionality in UAPP to connect to Bubble. Once they're talking, browse your Google Music library in Bubble. Profit.

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #6,994 of 9,526
Like most Google apps/services I believe the API is accessible to other Android apps. Regardless,it works - in case you missed it I am already using this method.
Set up Google Music in Bubble. Leave Bubble running. Use the UPnP functionality in UAPP to connect to Bubble. Once they're talking, browse your Google Music library in Bubble. Profit.
Google Music is accessible but not Tidal or Qobuz as far as I can see

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #6,995 of 9,526
Google Music is accessible but not Tidal or Qobuz as far as I can see

It supports them as well as Google Music, I haven't tried them, but assumed it would work the same.

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #6,996 of 9,526
It supports them as well as Google Music, I haven't tried them, but assumed it would work the same.

I tried it with Google Music and Neutron. It works, however, the same songs appear multiple times in the library. I even detached the local media storage from the library. I'll fiddle some more later.

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #6,997 of 9,526
I tried it with Google Music and Neutron. It works, however, the same songs appear multiple times in the library. I even detached the local media storage from the library. I'll fiddle some more later.

I didn't have that issue with UAPP. Cool that it works though right?

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #6,999 of 9,526
Have any of the Xperia Z1 compact owners found a way to use an ODAC with Androiod 5.02 lollipop yet?  My Z1c worked great with
my Sony PHA-1 bu now no go. 

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,000 of 9,526
So it looks like Neutron doesn't work well with UPnP/DLNA, boo hiss. I tried MediaMonkey for Android with BubbleUPnP and it works rather nicely. I upgraded to the MediaMoney Pro version version ($3.49) and BubbleUPnP ($4.69). Problem solved. 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #7,001 of 9,526
Have any of the Xperia Z1 compact owners found a way to use an ODAC with Androiod 5.02 lollipop yet?  My Z1c worked great with
my Sony PHA-1 bu now no go. 

I have tried rooting and using them "USB OTG checker/fix" it shows that USB OTG is no longer active. I am simply waiting for 5.1 to roll on Z1 too.

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #7,005 of 9,526
Hello guys,

I hoping for some Dac help... I rebuild solid state components (Marantz, McIntosh). and do a lot of critical listening. I use an un rooted HTC M8 running android 5.0.1 for digital music using Flac files and streaming through Spotify Premium. I thought this phones internal Dac would be great considering the reviews and 24bit support. Not so much.  I recently bought a cheap USB Dac from ebay that uses sa9027 and es9023 chips. The difference is painfully obvious. The sound stage, separation, and lower mid range were dramatically improved.  Here is my problem. The Dac doesn't always communicate with my M8. I'm using the OTG cable but I have to press play on my phone first, then plug in the cable to get output. I repeat this 6 or 7 times before it works. If i try to skip to the next song I have to repeat the process.  The phone goes into host mode each time, but doesn't output until I It feels I have plugged the cable in enough times. Very frustrating. I went as far as to make my own OTG cable and separate power cable supplying 5v, but I get the same result. I'v used Neutron, Jet Pro, the stock player, and Spotify, all with the same result. USB audio player Pro doesn't work all.

I apologize for all the info, but I want to be thorough. Now that I have exposed my phone incompetent Dac, I cant go back. Is there an easy solution to fix this problem? or is it just a matter of getting a reputable Dac? 

Sal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back