Android phones and USB DACs
Jul 5, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #6,856 of 9,526
  Look at the size of that Note 4 next to FiiO X5.

O_O

Guys, I have a question, please forgive me for being new to this Android / USB DAC setups in advance.

I've been using my setup a lot, this means inserting/removing my data cable constantly from both my Galaxy S4 and Tralucent DAC.

My question is...if I leave the cable connected to the S4 will it drain any unnecessary power sitting like that for hours? I'd like to leave the cable plugged in to reduce the 5-10 times its being switched in/out all day. The S4 is just a music device and there's really no need for it to removed unless needed.

Can anyone answer this question for me.  Is the cable actually active or draining power when not connected to the DAC but still the phone?

I think if you make sure the music gui is in fact closed ( use any free process checker closer if in doubt )https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.electricsheep.asi&hl=en

That is a beastly screen.

Jul 5, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #6,857 of 9,526
With my Geek Out it works! Except for the volume...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mine works with volume control  too, though not always.. Try restarting your phone and then opening Hiby right away, no other app like UAPP or Onkyo HF(if you have them installed). It appears that hiby likes exclusivity and causes loging problems to similar apps.

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #6,858 of 9,526
Hey folks. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it.  I'm looking for the "best" app to use on my HTC One M8 for the highest quality playback.  I'm currently using PowerAmp but there is quite a lot of hiss and, frankly, that's very annoying.  I'm finding the quality of the Google Player better to be honest. 

Any suggestion?

Jul 5, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #6,859 of 9,526
Jul 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #6,860 of 9,526
  Hey folks. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it.  I'm looking for the "best" app to use on my HTC One M8 for the highest quality playback.  I'm currently using PowerAmp but there is quite a lot of hiss and, frankly, that's very annoying.  I'm finding the quality of the Google Player better to be honest. 

Any suggestion?

The hissing is due to DVC. Turn it off in Settings -> Audio -> Advanced Tweaks -> uncheck 'Direct Volume Control' and you should be good.

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #6,861 of 9,526

Any suggestion?

Maybe you can try hibymusic app. It's a nice app.

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #6,863 of 9,526

Is it me here in the U.S. ,but the link brings me to a Chinese Play Store. I cant find a translate button in Chrome.
Help anyone?

I live in Europe, but I believe this method should work for you too. Open Play Store in your phone and give "Hiby" as search term. It has a blue icon with a white note symbol in a circle. Click download and you are ready to go.

Guys, sorry for the mistake, I have fixed the link address to:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en   (English) or
  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music  (without language specified)

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #6,864 of 9,526
How well does the Huawei P8 do in terms of sound quality? Does it work well with external USB DACs?

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #6,865 of 9,526
Confirmed: Korean Version - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SHV-E250L) working with Tralucent DacAmp One.

Android Version: 4.4.2

USB Audio Pro (paid version) required.

Seems to be detected automatically most times on opening USB Audio Pro - if not, rebooting the phone whilst DAC is connected corrects it.

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #6,867 of 9,526

Thanks for that.  I reinstalled the app and unchecked DVC, but there was only a slight improvement. 

Does it still hiss with your original music player on  your phone? If so, that's a hardware problem, and the only way you could solve it is to use a DAC/amp combo with your phone's USB audio.

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #6,868 of 9,526
tab s + UAPP + dacmagic xs works like a charm.
i dunno whats the reason but the sound quality coming from this set up is noticeabally better than running the dacmagic xs off the laptop (although i use Foobar with WASAPI plug-in). any reasons u can think of? is UAPP the thing that makes the difference?

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #6,869 of 9,526

I tried Hiby but the user interface sucked.  I do like the Onkyo player but the volume doesn't go up very loud.  Not sure if I'm gonna pay for the USB since there is no "trial" version.  Hopefully this re-install of PowerAmp will sort things out.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #6,870 of 9,526

Users who are viewing this thread

Back