Android phones and USB DACs
Dec 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #3,826 of 9,526
Unfortunately there are problems with the HRT Microstreamer via CM11 - the playback starts clicking after 5-6 minutes (if I pause it, it will run again fine for a few minutes - looks like a buffering problem). This is not happening via UAPP, just when I'm using the standard CM11 USB audio driver (which I'm forced to if I want to listen to google music or spotify) 
Unterestingly this is not happening with my Fiio E07K

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #3,827 of 9,526
I was really hoping USB audio would have been sorted in Android by now. Can't say I'm surprised, yet I'm still disappointed. Time to root and flash my N7.
USB audio player PRO is a fantastic step in the right direction, but random force closes and lack of cloud support are an issue for me. I'm keeping my eye on it for sure as it has huge potential. 
popcorn.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #3,829 of 9,526
Interestingly (sorry if this has been covered) the Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 allows charging of the Fiio E17 (from the phones battery) whilst playing back...

This is on stock firmware :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #3,831 of 9,526
Latest version of USB Audio Player PRO, 1.0.1: Always the best SQ music player!

so would this control with the dragonfly to higher volume now?

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #3,832 of 9,526
so would this control with the dragonfly to higher volume now?

How to go back to 1.0.

I can t use it :

1- keeps crashing

2- Keeps asking to validate license (cant connect to server) although I have perfect net connection!!

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #3,833 of 9,526
How to go back to 1.0.

I can t use it :

1- keeps crashing

2- Keeps asking to validate license (cant connect to server) although I have perfect net connection!!

I've got the exact same problem on my Nexus 7 Grouper (running CM 11).

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #3,834 of 9,526
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, received a Samsung USB OTG Cable today

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Connector-microUSB-Galaxy-ET-R205UBEGSTD/dp/B004ULZD7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388482590&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+usb+otg

I had read that my Arcam rPAC was a but heavy on the juice and I had seen no reports of it working, however plugged into my UK Note 3....... it bloody works. Sounds very good, slightly less power than when connected to my PC, but that is to be expected. Works natively without UARP so I am very happy indeed, as I feel the rPAC is a very under represented piece of kit. Can it be added to the compatible DAC list please. Now I am off for some more listening and sending the E07K back to Amazon.
Jim.

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #3,835 of 9,526
I've got the exact same problem on my Nexus 7 Grouper (running CM 11).

That's very unfortunate. This message comes from the Play Store interface and sometimes means that Google's servers aren't responding quick enough. I couldn't access my Google Wallet yesterday either which might be related. What is more worrying though is that if you purchased more than 2 days ago, the caching doesn't seem to be working. So if you haven't done so already, please contact me by email.

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #3,836 of 9,526

That's very unfortunate. This message comes from the Play Store interface and sometimes means that Google's servers aren't responding quick enough. I couldn't access my Google Wallet yesterday either which might be related. What is more worrying though is that if you purchased more than 2 days ago, the caching doesn't seem to be working. So if you haven't done so already, please contact me by email.

My upgrade went through fine and the new version seems stable so far

Samsung S4

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #3,837 of 9,526
I read once all posts and I did not succed
I can not use GS4 + ODAC, the sound is always going thru the speaker not the headphone

I own :
a GS4 unroot, running under android 4.3
a JDS Labs O²+ODAC, modified to receive 2x9V batterries
a OTG cable USB female to microUSB male
a cable miniUSB male to microUSB male

Should I use UAPP or URPP ?
Should I use an other cable ?
Should I root my phone ?

Thanks a lot :wink:

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #3,838 of 9,526
I can not use GS4 + ODAC, the sound is always going thru the speaker not the headphone

I own :

Should I root my phone ?

Maybe it is the OTG cable, try a cheap conventional adaptor and see if it works.

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #3,839 of 9,526

I own :

Should I root my phone ?

go with UAPP
no need to root
try restarting the phone with the amp and OTG connected