Android phones and USB DACs
Dec 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #3,796 of 9,526
this is sort of a double post (with C5D thread) but quite critical!

I have a G Note2 (UK version not from a currier, paid in full from expansys). I works great with C5D (official 4.1.2 or 3 I don't remember) but a couple of hours ago I got a message that I can update to the official 4.3! 

Any experience with the 4.3?

I think the official update will be a hot topic here soon!

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #3,797 of 9,526
I bought the full version and it's working great with my Nexus 7 Grouper (CM 11) and HTC One (Omni ROM) connected to an Audioquest Dragonfly.

Only complain is that the volume is way to low.....

Keep up the good work!

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #3,798 of 9,526
UAPP not working with Bricasti M1 DAC.

After looking at the log file, Davy thinks the DAC is taking too long to reply to a request for supported bit rate info and times out.
He will try to have a longer timeout value to test next week.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #3,799 of 9,526
Hi to everyone,

I've read pages and pages but couldn't find some specific informations:

I have three questions:

1- Could someone please tell me FIRST HAND experience about which USB DACs are supported on a Nexus 10 running last CM11 ?
2- Same as above but with Nexus 4 CM11
3- Talking specifically about Hifimediy sabre DAC, do I need to purchase android version http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=124
Or can I get this http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=83 with USB to optical feature to work on Nexus 10?

Thanks

Hi,
I am waiting on delivery of a 'Sabre Tiny USB DAC', I plan to use it with a 2012 unrooted Nexus 7 + UAPP. I'll update once I've received the unit and confirmed it works if that's any help to you.
http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=107

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #3,800 of 9,526
i cannot get sound via usb on my T-Mobile Note 3, stock, either with USB audio recorder or player.  Plyer says 'playback error'.  I did not read anything about quirks in implementing usb audio on this phone, but so far no love with either the Leckerton 6 or the HRT Headstreamer.  Is it because of the usb3 connector on the phone?  Yes, I am using an OTG cable...

Help!!

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #3,801 of 9,526
i cannot get sound via usb on my T-Mobile Note 3, stock, either with USB audio recorder or player.  Plyer says 'playback error'.  I did not read anything about quirks in implementing usb audio on this phone, but so far no love with either the Leckerton 6 or the HRT Headstreamer.  Is it because of the usb3 connector on the phone?  Yes, I am using an OTG cable...

Help!!
amp plugged in before starting device?

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #3,802 of 9,526
amp plugged in before starting device?

so, turn phone off, connect dac, then turn phone back on?  or just plug in dac before starting player app?  that latter did not work, I have not tried the former....

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #3,803 of 9,526
ok, so i just tried a different OTG cable, a Jcase micro to USB-A female, and USB audio player pro worked with both my Dragonfly (V1), and the Headstreamer.  The HRT played waaay louder, but neither combo sounded all that good, but i was only doing a quickie listen with my JVC FXZ100s.

i'll try again with my other cable, but it may have been a faulty mini-to-micro adapter i was also using...

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #3,804 of 9,526
I have a GT-N7100 (Samsung Galaxy Note 2). In Taiwan. Running stock 4.3 for a week now. USB otg driving ODAC no problem.

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #3,805 of 9,526
  ok, so i just tried a different OTG cable, a Jcase micro to USB-A female, and USB audio player pro worked with both my Dragonfly (V1), and the Headstreamer.  The HRT played waaay louder, but neither combo sounded all that good, but i was only doing a quickie listen with my JVC FXZ100s.

i'll try again with my other cable, but it may have been a faulty mini-to-micro adapter i was also using...

glad you're making progress

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,806 of 9,526
I bought the full version and it's working great with my Nexus 7 Grouper (CM 11) and HTC One (Omni ROM) connected to an Audioquest Dragonfly.

Only complain is that the volume is way to low.....

Keep up the good work!

The Dragonfly indeed initializes at half volume which will be solved soon.

Note to all: it seems I have been violating this forum's terms of use and from this point I cannot post everything I like and my account name will change. So if you have any bug reports or feature requests, please do contact me by email, preferably at info AT audio-evolution.com.

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #3,808 of 9,526
I would like to report that two users on xda-developers forums reports this USB audio setup WORKING WITH ANY APP:

Nexus 4 - CM 10.1 or following - Ziddey OTG Kernel - jacknorrispatch - OTG-y cable externally powered - USB DAC

Here are PM sent:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdbf

Hi, 

Could you please tell me if your working setup of USB DAC and nexus 4 with otg y cable is able to reproduce sound with any sound app?

Thanks!

Fabio

Yes, all sound get redirected through USB, just like it does when you plug headphones in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdbf

Hi, could you please tell me if your now-working setup of USB DAC and nexus 4 allows playing music with every app?

Yes it does. Have you tried, it and is there a specific app you are having a problem with?

---

This is the thread I was following to catch this informations:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2029728

Bye!

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #3,810 of 9,526

The Dragonfly indeed initializes at half volume which will be solved soon.

Note to all: it seems I have been violating this forum's terms of use and from this point I cannot post everything I like and my account name will change. So if you have any bug reports or feature requests, please do contact me by email, preferably at info AT audio-evolution.com.

Thanks for your support thus far. I am following your progress and the reports of others. I think it would be very helpful if you could find a forum/thread to host public reports/issues/conversations regarding UAPP. Perhaps over on XDA if head-fi.org does not offer something similar.  (assuming you'd be willing to manage something like this, i know it takes a lot of effort)

Thanks again,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back