Android phones and USB DACs
Nov 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #3,543 of 9,526
USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP) is now playing its first playlist through a USB audio interface...
atsmile.gif

Working full-time on it now, sorry for the delay guys!

This just blew my mind. And made my day. I will test on Note 3, Note 2, and HTC One if you want to send me link :wink:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #3,544 of 9,526
This just blew my mind. And made my day. I will test on Note 3, Note 2, and HTC One if you want to send me link
wink.gif

There is likely going to be a public beta to gather as much bug reports as possible before release. I am now trying to get Android's MediaCodec to work for all things other than wav/flac/ogg/mp3, like m4a and whatever your device supports. Probably not so important for HiFi, but anyway.

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #3,545 of 9,526
Loving this development! My HTC One XL now supports USB OTG without rebooting itself as well. My FiiO E07k is detected and the volume control goes grey. Music ceases to play from the phone, but nothing comes out of the DAC. Would be happy to help test a beta version of UAPP too :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #3,546 of 9,526
This just blew my mind. And made my day. I will test on Note 3, Note 2, and HTC One if you want to send me link
wink.gif

There is likely going to be a public beta to gather as much bug reports as possible before release. I am now trying to get Android's MediaCodec to work for all things other than wav/flac/ogg/mp3, like m4a and whatever your device supports. Probably not so important for HiFi, but anyway.

If you're interested in feature requests, it would be absolutely amazing if the app could be used as a standard player so that files could be browsed with ES File or similar and opened with UAPP. Ideally, it could be used with BubbleUPnP. I have found BubbleUPnP to be the best for me for allowing a large media collection to be available for playback on Android. Do you think the implementation is capable of those features or does it all have to be operated within the app like UARP?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #3,547 of 9,526
eXtream, excellent news!!! :))) Looking sooo much forward to testing it soon! :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3,548 of 9,526
If you're interested in feature requests, it would be absolutely amazing if the app could be used as a standard player so that files could be browsed with ES File or similar and opened with UAPP. Ideally, it could be used with BubbleUPnP. I have found BubbleUPnP to be the best for me for allowing a large media collection to be available for playback on Android. Do you think the implementation is capable of those features or does it all have to be operated within the app like UARP?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

+1 Integration with BubbleUPnP would be a major win for UARP.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #3,549 of 9,526

Terrific news! Now that Apple has made ALAC open source, please consider adding support for it. I know a lot of people use that format, myself included.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #3,551 of 9,526
Wait, hold everything. I just saw this thread. Are you guys telling me there's a way to get USB digital out from my Galaxy S4 to my Audio-gd DAC? I LOVE this forum! But I'm too lazy to search through 237 pages to figure out how to do it. Is there a summary somewhere? I'm running CM 10.2. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #3,553 of 9,526
Every 5th page (e.g. page 230, 235, etc) DanBa posts this huge updated summary list of what DACs work with which android devices.  There's mention of Audio-gd sparrow working with Galaxy S3 and NFB-16 with Note II.  Nobody has tried any Audio-gd with S4.  Some DACs will work with the native music apps (like Samsung music player, PowerAmp, Neutron, etc), others require the use of UARP (USB Audio Recorder Pro) which uses it's own USB audio driver to bypass the stock driver.  The only problem with UARP is that it's a USB Recoder app that happens to also play FLACs (does not play MP3, wma, m4a, etc).  The author is writing a new proper Player app that uses the same driver and that's why we're all excited.  

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #3,554 of 9,526

Do you envisage DSD support? Would be amazing, particularly if you have a DSD capable dac. Anyway, I enjoy using UARP on a regular basis, thanks for that great product and looking forward to uapp.

Cheers

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #3,555 of 9,526
Awesome, thanks, I'll stay subscribed. I've seen UARP in the Play store, but I didn't connect the acronym with the name. Maybe I'll be the first to use the S4/audio-gd combo. 

I'd also love to find a way to use my phone via USB to the Audison BitOne DSP in my car. It can accept an optical input or a coax input, and has an onboard DAC. Maybe that's a different discussion for a different thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back