Android phones and USB DACs
Nov 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #3,530 of 9,526
UARP is not UAPP..
wink.gif

I knew it was going to cause confusion...

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #3,533 of 9,526
I can confirm that the HTC One on 4.3 does NOT work with the Audioengine D3 natively.
frown.gif

Quote:
  It's not out yet.

I hope this app comes out soon and has volume support. It seems like a major problem with Android, especially 4.3, is that even when it works, it loses volume control. This makes some of the most portable USB DAC/amps such as the D3 forced to play at max volume, which would make it unusable. Could you give a time frame, at least which quarter this app is expected to be released?

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #3,535 of 9,526

I hope this app comes out soon and has volume support. It seems like a major problem with Android, especially 4.3, is that even when it works, it loses volume control. This makes some of the most portable USB DAC/amps such as the D3 forced to play at max volume, which would make it unusable. Could you give a time frame, at least which quarter this app is expected to be released?

We'll both have hardware and software volume controls. Expected time frame is next month. Perhaps not with all features, but should be heaps better than the Playlist feature in UARP.

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #3,537 of 9,526
Looking forward to the UAPP, hopefully it will come out with a trial version like the UARP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back