Android: Neutron Music Player
Aug 24, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #106 of 1,375
Hi I'm new.
I mostly use the native music app, jetaudio, poweramp, or apollo with DSP manager.
Just installed Neutron 1.82 last month. Have it at my Lenovo S890 and Samsung Mega GT-I9200. After struggling for perfect setting, I feel this is the best player with very distinctive DSP effect (IMHO). It finally works best after trying almost many different config setting. The most trickiest setting is for each frequency and its bandwitdh of the parametric equalizer. For Neutron, I do not use wired head set to avoid overdrive and safe battery usage, instead I use my 14 month-old Rappo 6060 bluetooth headset.
I found some others setting like stereo DSP, crossfeed, 32/64 bit processing, and the rest doesn't really need any tweaking, just the parametric equalizer.

Here is the current setting I have.
Low Band, Cutoff freq = 0050 (best under 64)
Low-band, Q, slope =  2.000 
Mid1 C Freq = 0200
Mid1-Band, Width = 4.000
Mid2- C Freq = 1000
High- Width = 4.200
High Band, Cuttoff = 10000
High Band, Q, Slope = 0.750
Set stereo DSP to Surround (not cross feed)
Dither = on
Rendering = 32 bit
Rumble = on
Replay gain = on
Automatic gain protection = off
Pre amp gain = onehalf slider.

Very advisable to use headphone any that have its own power source. It helps the phone from getting heavy burden to its sound amplifier and battery consumption.
Try achieving best sound to your preferences by adjusting each of dB gain sliders (4 sliders)

I believe it worth to try for those who already bought the app. If you don't like it at least you already have had your own preferences of apps and its setting.

Cheers. :) And sorry for the English :p

Kevin

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #107 of 1,375
Quote:

Very advisable to use headphone any that have its own power source. It helps the phone from getting heavy burden to its sound amplifier and battery consumption. Try achieving best sound to your preferences by adjusting each of dB gain sliders (4 sliders)

Or just use the phone as a USB audio server
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #108 of 1,375
Yeah that's going to my next best option when I'm not in need of total portability. Will seek for descent headset with head amp having DAC.
My Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 support for OTG but not sure if it suport USB audio output. 
frown.gif

Currently I spend more time with the headset for biking or doing some outdoor activities.

Kevin

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #112 of 1,375
Quote:
Yeah that's going to my next best option when I'm not in need of total portability. Will seek for descent headset with head amp having DAC.
My Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 support for OTG but not sure if it support USB audio output. 
frown.gif

Currently I spend more time with the headset for biking or doing some outdoor activities.

Kevin

According to DanBa's list, the Mega works. Just click that arrow to go to the full post and browse what DACs work with most phones, ie, the ones that won't draw power the phone can't feed it. Take note some have their own battery or PSU but still take 5v from the host device, however some DACs totally dependent on USB power have worked on the SIII and NoteII.

Quote:

This DAC also lists it works with the Mega BTW.
-----

If there's anything the Mega doesn't have, it's the popularity that allows some manufacturers to come up with the right accessories that originally we'd only see from Apple. In this case, a dock to keep it upright and you hook up the OTG cable to it.

There are other docks, the "holder" types, on Amazon. The only difference is 1) you can see the cable runnign down from the phone, and 2) it's not as easy as sliding the phone into the slot (which isn't all that convenient in my phone, since I had to get a two-layer Superleggera case that allows frequent cycles of taking it off and putting in the phone without scratching it).

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #113 of 1,375
Certainly give me a hope. Will check out any friend that own one of the set for testing it. Meanwhile I am also curious if there is combination of it with MHL A/V to HDMI port :) Who know I won't need to buy separate devices. Just a thought. :)

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #114 of 1,375
Hi,
I tried every combination to show the lyrics in flac files (the lyrics are embedded in my songs tag)

I appreciate help.

Thank you

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #116 of 1,375

Did you try the Neutron forum? The developer is usually very helpful there.

I did post the same question there , unfortunately no reply till now.
Thanks

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #117 of 1,375
Hi all. After trying many others I'm pretty sure Neutron is the player for me. However...

I finally figured out how to add a folder as source but what I can't seem to figure out is how to remove a folder. I'm using a Note 3 as device and have all my music in a separate folder (Card Music) on my microSD card. At the moment I have two folders showing up as sources - "#1" and "Card Music". I want to remove the first of these.

Thank you.

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #118 of 1,375

Q: Is it possible to delete Source entry?

A: Yes. Go to Playlist screen, press on Sources group and you will see all existing Source entries. Long press the entry you wish to delete, in opened window press the DELETE button.

From- http://neutronmp.com/faq.html

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #119 of 1,375
Bingo!

Thank you very much for this help. Now I can get back to the music. This player certainly does seem to improve upon Poweramp. There's far more clarity, instrument separation and dynamics.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #120 of 1,375
Bingo!

Thank you very much for this help. Now I can get back to the music. This player certainly does seem to improve upon Poweramp. There's far more clarity, instrument separation and dynamics.

You're welcome bud..

Yep, these were my findings too, Poweramp seemed to have a slightly richer, fuller sound (more bassy?) but in comparison was slightly lacking in the other 3 areas you mention above.
For some reason that I don't quite understand, some on here do prefer it to Neutron though, maybe due to kit used and/or music genres listened to.. 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back