Android: Neutron Music Player
Mar 13, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,246 of 1,375
I am curious (again), atop your audio hardware settings page, I do not see the version installed that I would have expected.

I would expect your new flagship phone to have a 64bit CPU, and the bit section does show 64 bits, but everything else doesn't match up with others on 64bit CPU devices.

Have you installed this version?

Screenshot_20230313_124855_Neutron_Player~2.jpg

IMG_20220714_140913~2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #1,247 of 1,375
My DAP's CPU has only 32bit architecture, yours is most definitely 64bit.

By toggling "64-Bit Processing" on my device, the "Bits" number does change to 64.
However this is meaningless, I get no benefit :
Screenshot_2023-03-13-14-24-20.png
Screenshot_2023-03-13-14-23-57.png

Compared to :
Screenshot_2023-03-13-14-24-24.png
Screenshot_2023-03-13-14-24-34.png

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #1,249 of 1,375
Thanks, i updated it, now is it corrected?

But my previous issue still there.

Yep, you're set up with the right version of the app, now.

Part of what's shown now is the audio output info for your phone's built in speakers. Nothing special or out of place there, 16 bit integer 48kHz. You can setup a profile for that output separately from your BTR7, if you wish.

Otherwise pair it already :beerchug:

Mar 14, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #1,250 of 1,375
Evet, artık uygulamanın doğru sürümünü kurdunuz.

Şimdi gösterilenlerin bir kısmı, telefonunuzun yerleşik hoparlörleri için ses çıkışı bilgisidir. Orada özel veya yerinde olmayan bir şey yok, 16 bit tamsayı 48kHz. Dilerseniz, o çıkış için BTR7'nizden ayrı bir profil ayarlayabilirsiniz.

Aksi halde zaten eşleştirin:bira:

I wonder why I don't have the following options mentioned by a friend in the previous pages.

12011171.jpg

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #1,251 of 1,375
I wonder why I don't have the following options mentioned by a friend in the previous pages.

12011171.jpg
It could be because, for some reason, either your device does not announce that it has Hi-res capability, OR, Neutron can not see it!
Try the following:
- within "generic driver" tap on the arrow on the left of "Custom Format" to get into sub menu.
- You should see "format", "frequency" and "mode".
- for format, set it to 32bit int.
- for frequency, tick everything from top to 192000, but untick the rest.
- for mode, tick primary.
- tick to everything, play a song, see if it works.
If it does, then you have a problem, Neutron recognizing your devices audio capability.

Mar 14, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #1,252 of 1,375
It could be because, for some reason, either your device does not announce that it has Hi-res capability, OR, Neutron can not see it!
Try the following:
- within "generic driver" tap on the arrow on the left of "Custom Format" to get into sub menu.
- You should see "format", "frequency" and "mode".
- for format, set it to 32bit int.
- for frequency, tick everything from top to 192000, but untick the rest.
- for mode, tick primary.
- tick to everything, play a song, see if it works.
If it does, then you have a problem, Neutron recognizing your devices audio capability.

Thank you for the answer but that didn't work for me, it's missing that again.

I was experimenting with FiiO BTR7 bluetooth. I haven't tried it with the cable, could that be the problem?

Does the sound change noticeably when you make these settings?

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #1,253 of 1,375
Thank you for the answer but that didn't work for me, it's missing that again.

I was experimenting with FiiO BTR7 bluetooth. I haven't tried it with the cable, could that be the problem?

Does the sound change noticeably when you make these settings?
LDAC properly setup, is a lot better than standard BT. But its range and reliability takes a hit.
LDAC is pretty much CD quality, though it is claimed to be better, even it measures better, but somehow, subjectively, direct 16/44.1 can sound a little superior at times.

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #1,254 of 1,375
LDAC properly setup, is a lot better than standard BT. But its range and reliability takes a hit.
LDAC is pretty much CD quality, though it is claimed to be better, even it measures better, but somehow, subjectively, direct 16/44.1 can sound a little superior at times.

If there are parts that I have marked, can you say that there is a very serious improvement in sound quality and that it can be heard clearly?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_111542_com.neutroncode.mp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_111542_com.neutroncode.mp.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #1,255 of 1,375
If there are parts that I have marked, can you say that there is a very serious improvement in sound quality and that it can be heard clearly?
That looks good.
Remember the weakest link scenario .
Music is read from disk, it is served to your phones BT. Your phone then process and compress it according to LDAC instructions , it is then sent via BT to your DAC.
The DAC would decompress and reprocesses it, gets changed to analogue , goes to your speakers or headphones.
You can see that poor Neutron is but just a link in the whole chain.
It certainly is not the weakest link, specially now that you have set it right.
Happy listening .

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #1,256 of 1,375
You've highlighted parts of that screenshot, but it isn't your screenshot. Did the Generic Driver options start to appear for you or only custom format? I can't tell if you're asking "are these really important options?" (because they won't appear) or "are these the right options to set?" (because now they are seen).

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,257 of 1,375
You've highlighted parts of that screenshot, but it isn't your screenshot. Did the Generic Driver options start to appear for you or only custom format? I can't tell if you're asking "are these really important options?" (because they won't appear) or "are these the right options to set?" (because now they are seen).

No, they don't belong to me, they belong to @Kentajalli , I just quoted them for informational purposes.

The parts I marked in the Generic Driver options are still not available to me, I could not do it, and I still do not understand if there would be an understandable improvement in sound quality if I had those options.

I don't know if it's an issue with my FiiO BTR7 or my Galaxy S23 ultra.

But those marked options persist in not appearing for me.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #1,258 of 1,375
No, they don't belong to me, they belong to @Kentajalli , I just quoted them for informational purposes.
Oh, nothing wrong with that, I just don't think they caught that. Their response "that looks good" meant they thought it was resolved :triportsad:.

At this rate, I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and make a post on the Neutron support forum. Would be a good idea to attach any spec sheets you can find for your S23 Ultra and the BTR7.

Might be worth checking how your phone behaves with a trial version of Poweramp (more transparent about how its audio path behaves than Musicolet or FiiO Music I imagine). Speaking of which, look over this info that Poweramp generally required for proper hi res implementation. I suspect any build.prop and audio policy files could help Dmitry help you.

Until someone comes along with the same pairing of devices (to show us all what works) letting the Dev know is a good idea.

Mar 19, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #1,260 of 1,375
Writing not very helpful comment, but perhaps someone will see in future and can help with orientation.

I think it is something connected with the Android version and application restrictions boys.
I have Neutron on few devices and i see the Hi-Res Bluetooth option under Generic Driver on all, except on one with Android 4.4.
On the ones with 9 and 11 appears. Don't have his exact device, but Samsung Tablet yes and on it the Hi-Res Bluetooth option is there.

This phone perhaps is with Android 13 ?

I think is best to write to Neutron Developer, yes. Be sure to write him what Android is and exact model of the phone.

What you can try is open Settings on the phone, search for "developer options" and in the list there find "Bluetooth audio codec",check what available Bluetooth codecs are there. Should see all listed - SBC, AAC, Aptx, Aptx HD, LDAC and whatever else there is. If you don't see the "developer options", go to phone settings, then "about phone" (at the bottom of the settings screen). Enter it and then find and tap 5-6 times quick on "build number". Used to be that way. And then change the codecs while the Fiio is connected. Try some different ones and see if the Fiio shows that different one is playing. For example if you select AptX in the developer options of the phone, AptX should be displayed on the Fiio screen. If LDAC is selected on the phone, LDAC should be displayed on the Fiio and so on.

I see on the previous page his screenshot shows LDAC on the Fiio, which to me means the phone has detected the best possible codec that the Fiio supports and no need to worry. It is playing with the highest possible quality.

For the question if there is sound difference - yes, there is. But only compared to SBC codec. You don't want to use SBC codec (the effect is like listening MP3 160kbps vs more. It does not sound that bad, but it is noticable for sure compare to the others). AptX and the others are good enough. If the Bluetooth range is short with LDAC (or the battery life), you can use AptX. Generally though, the Bluetooth is lower quality than using USB Cable and as Kentajalli said. With this Fiio you want to use LDAC, is what is best with i guess, but AptX and the others will be fine as well. Just avoid SBC.

The image is from the internet, i don't know if it looks exactly like that on Android 13, but these are the options that one want to check.

bluetooth-audio-ldac-codec-to-best-quality.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back