Android: Neutron Music Player
Feb 26, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #181 of 1,374
You may well have done. Finding a happy medium is the trick.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #182 of 1,374
You may well have done. Finding a happy medium is the trick.

By now you noticed how you can jack up the bass and not destroy the rest. I only wish the parametric EQ had a visual graph where you could see the FR curve as you move the sliders. Also a better numeric editor so you could move the edit cursor (caret) in middle of a number rather than backspace all the and have to reenter stuff. This app has great SQ and works especially well with a good neutral set of cans.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #183 of 1,374
Yeah, if they gave you say 10 sliders when in horizontal mode and some kind of real-time frequency graph that would make it less confusing compared to how it is now. Overall though I like it better than Poweramp.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #184 of 1,374
Yeah, if they gave you say 10 sliders when in horizontal mode and some kind of real-time frequency graph that would make it less confusing compared to how it is now. Overall though I like it better than Poweramp.

I used to use Poweramp all the time, until I discovered Neutron. Can you imagine Neutron's UI being worse than it is now? Last year it was a train wreck. It has been since improved, just waiting for you to get on board? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #188 of 1,374
Mar 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #190 of 1,374

It depends on the device. On some, I prefer PA and others N. EQ is a big gaping hole in Neutron. And his response when you ask him about it is same as his response was about the UI (argumentative) -- before he changed it.

How is EQ a "big gaping hole in Neutron?"

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #192 of 1,374
  Because there isn't any besides treble and bass... ???

That's no answer 
biggrin.gif
 Do you now how to use the parametric EQ in Neutron? It is well worth learning, To users of Graphic EQ's with sliders on preset frequencies, a paramteric EQ may seem confusing. Once learned a parametric EQ becomes a powerful tool.

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #193 of 1,374
To be fair it's not even obvious that the parametric EQ exists at all. To find it go to Settings > Equalizer and be prepared for confusion. Sorry, that was my first reaction to it though. It's a damn powerful tool though, in the right hands. It gives you the option of creating and deleting presets so if you screw it up it's no big deal, just try again.

I've found learning how to use it to be much easier with electronic music than with acoustic music. Perhaps because with electronic music I'm not trying to "recreate" the recording space, if you know what I mean. You can generally completely isolate say, the bass synth note, from the bass drum sound for instance. And emphasize whichever you prefer. It's much more profound than just a 5-band (or 10 or even 20-band) EQ is capable of doing. But it is confusing. I'm sure it could be made more intuitive but I'm not the guy for that I'm afraid.

I hope I haven't put you off even more :blush:It's worth the effort.

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #194 of 1,374
Power amp is crap compared to Neutron.

It depends on the device. On some, I prefer PA and others N. EQ is a big gaping hole in Neutron. And his response when you ask him about it is same as his response was about the UI (argumentative) -- before he changed it.

No matter how I tweak my eq on my poweramp. Neutron still sounds better out of the box.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #195 of 1,374
I agree. The default preset hits the nail on the head 9 times out of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back