Android Headphone Calculator
Jan 29, 2014 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

robrob

100+ Head-Fier
I just published a free headphone calculator for the Android. It has power calculator and resistor network calculator pages along with help pages. I'm still in the development phase so any suggestions for additions would be appreciated.

Rob

In the  Google Play Store search for 'headphone calculator' or Rob Robinette.

Screen Captures

Screenshot_2014-02-06-06-55-20.jpg

Screenshot_2014-02-06-06-55-29.jpg

Screenshot_2014-02-06-06-56-57.jpg

Screenshot_2014-02-06-06-57-07.jpg

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 11
Awesome! Downloading now!

Just installed, very cool. Might be good to have a better way of switching between the two calculators though? Perhaps swiping between them in the typical Android fashion?

5-starred the review (and resisted the urge to write 'First!').

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 11
I added more functionality to the Resistor Network Calculator page. If you enter your amplifier's output voltage it calculates the power and current actually going through the headphones and the power dissipation of R2 and R3.

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 11
Good work, constant updates appreciated.

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 11
Amazing! Thanks for this. 
This is something that I've never seen before.
Fresh work!

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 11
About time someone else joined in, lest Rob think he was only talking to me.

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 11
Hahahaha. I don't know why this hasn't got more coverage. I know that a lot of people use their phones to as their main audio player when they are out and about. Although I use a Clip for music, I wish you all the best. I've already spread it to the few audio loving friends  :)

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #9 of 11
Rob you might like to put up a donate version, exactly the same but a few dollars to buy. That way those of us who appreciate your efforts can buy you a coffee/beer.

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 11
I added some resistor network power, dissipation and loudness calculations. The screen captures in the first post are updated.

NZtechfreak, thanks for the offer of buying me a beer. I may add my paypal address to the help page for those who feel compelled to donate but I don't want to look pushy. Audio, electronics and computers are my hobbies and I'm learning a lot by programming the webpage, .xls and Android calculators. I'm just happy there are people who find this stuff useful.

Rob

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #11 of 11
  I added some resistor network power, dissipation and loudness calculations. The screen captures in the first post are updated.

NZtechfreak, thanks for the offer of buying me a beer. I may add my paypal address to the help page for those who feel compelled to donate but I don't want to look pushy. Audio, electronics and computers are my hobbies and I'm learning a lot by programming the webpage, .xls and Android calculators. I'm just happy there are people who find this stuff useful.

Rob

I don't think people find the presence of a functionally equivalent donate version pushy, but a paypal link might be better anyway, since that avoids the donaters from shouting Google a third of a beer into the bargain :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back