Android-fi!
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #676 of 904
In a way you could see the Nexus line a curse, like various Audiophile gear, as when you start using a Nexus phone, you can't go back to any manufacturer bloatware-filled polycarbonate slow-updating mass market slab of a phone again.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #677 of 904
I did see some of the unofficial ROMs on Google in the past hour. Some of them have the stock launcher rather than the new KitKat one though.Also I'd rather wait for and official one to come out.

Hmm, mine came with the KitKat launcher. I flashed it on my gnex because I don't use it anymore, so I wouldn't be mad if there were bugs or it was crashy. It took me a while to get it working too, since I tried flashing it the first time and it was corrupt, then tried flashing a different version with TWRP, which doesn't work as well, so I eventually got CWM installed and finally got it loaded up using USB OTG.

In a way you could see the Nexus line a curse, like various Audiophile gear, as when you start using a Nexus phone, you can't go back to any manufacturer bloatware-filled polycarbonate slow-updating mass market slab of a phone again.
Yup, and then you're stuck dealing with stupid things that the average consumer doesn't have to worry about :wink:

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #678 of 904
Yup, and then you're stuck dealing with stupid things that the average consumer doesn't have to worry about
wink.gif

Dealing with those things trying to add cool stuff the average consumer could only dream of(or just dismiss as being nerdy 
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #679 of 904
Before getting the nexus 5,look up the project ara! ^.^

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #680 of 904
Nov 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #681 of 904
Really Panthers, really? :blink:
Um, yeah? I just heard about it before I was gonna buy the nexus 5. :/ just wanted to say it was out there

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #682 of 904
Sorry I just noticed this. Why not buy it from Google? It looks like Tmo will be selling the Nexus 5 for $100 more than Google. Unless you were planning on using that jump thing or getting it on a contract or whatever. In that case, carry on. :)

I will be using the jump program. I think it runs in 6 month increments. Hopefully, by the time its available, I won't have long to wait.

Unless, the Android 4.4 and Sense 5.5 update really kicks ass. But, I don't see that happening.

Sure will miss the front facing stereo speakers though..
Um, yeah? I just heard about it before I was gonna buy the nexus 5. :/ just wanted to say it was out there

The idea is out there. A final product, if any, won't be for at least a year or two, if we're lucky.

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #683 of 904
I love technology, especially portable technology like laptops, smartphones, and cameras. You could even say I love it more than headphones. Where I'm an amateur in hifi and would never outs myself as a audiophile--instead I call myself someone who enjoys music and wants to enjoy it on a higher level--I would definitely refer to myself as a technophile.

Currently I have a HTC One S, Lumia 1020, and Oppo Find 5 that I use. In the near future I am getting a Nexus 5 (already ordered) and Oppo N1 (December Release). Plus I'm thinking about picking up Sony's QX10 or QX100 for testing.

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #685 of 904
  How do I clear internet cache without deleting bookmarks on a Samsung S3 ?

Is there some kind of proprietary browser on the S3, or is it just using Chrome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back