Android-fi!
Nov 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #664 of 904
I use a Chinese $15 3500mah external battery pack when I think I may be out for a long time, but honestly, battery life is so darned good on the N4 I haven't really had a need for it.

I need one of those charging cases... my Micro-USB port is messed up. So without careful monitoring, the cable pops out really easily. Sadly they are really expensive.

Dang, that's too bad... Have you considered just replacing the USB connector?

Sold my Nexus 10 today and picked up an ipad air. The Nexus 10 was a good machine, but I got sick of the terrible terrible pdf annotation apps and just the general lack of smoothness to its operation and seeing as I mostly use it for study the ipad is a better fit. Oh well.

Still rocking the HTC One and loving it

I always thought the nexus 10 was a bit underpowered when it came out. That dual core was impressive but it was in an era when everyone had already moved onto quad.
How are you liking the iPad air? I am considering getting one and trading out my iPad 3rd gen, which is a heavy beast.
Then I realize that for the price difference between what I can sell this for and buy an iPad air, I could have a nexus 7, so that's in my sights for Black Friday. :)

I always carry a fully charged official Samsung battery in my tool bag, for emergencies

+1 me too but i have a battery sucking galixy nexus

Ahh yes, I always carried around my other Gnex battery in my bag as well. For some reason I don't think power efficiency in idle was the OMAP's strong suits.

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #665 of 904
Sold my Nexus 10 today and picked up an ipad air. The Nexus 10 was a good machine, but I got sick of the terrible terrible pdf annotation apps and just the general lack of smoothness to its operation and seeing as I mostly use it for study the ipad is a better fit. Oh well.

Still rocking the HTC One and loving it

I like my HTC One, but will get a Nexus 5 when its available for T-Mobile.

As far as Adroid tablets go, is still don't think you can beat the Nexus 7, either year version. I have the 2012 edition, and its still running smooth on everything I need it to do.

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #666 of 904
As far as Android tablets go, is still don't think you can beat the Nexus 7, either year version.

+1. I have a 2012 Nexus 7 and it still works fine now, on 4.2.2, with loads of apps, games, music and movies.

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #667 of 904

As far as Adroid tablets go, is still don't think you can beat the Nexus 7, either year version. I have the 2012 edition, and its still running smooth on everything I need it to do.

Yes the nexus 7 is a great machine. But I mainly use tablets for reading medical textbooks, journal articles and annotating PDFs and I just need a bigger screen. I'll head back to android in the future probably but right now for work (not media consumption) the iPad is the one to beat in my opinion.

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #668 of 904
Finally got a 4.4 ROM running on my Galaxy Nexus. I have to say the new launcher feels a lot like the iOS interface, compared to previous versions of Android at least. It feels smoother and looks nicer with the larger icons and revised fonts though.

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #669 of 904

Sorry I just noticed this. Why not buy it from Google? It looks like Tmo will be selling the Nexus 5 for $100 more than Google. Unless you were planning on using that jump thing or getting it on a contract or whatever. In that case, carry on. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #670 of 904
Is the stock ROM for 4.4 out yet for mako? What other ROMS have updated to 4.4?

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #671 of 904

+1. I have a 2012 Nexus 7 and it still works fine now, on 4.2.2, with loads of apps, games, music and movies.

I have one coming next week....can't wait!

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #672 of 904
Nice, just be careful you don't get a faulty one, as my first one was, and I had to return it and wait another week, which felt like a year.

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #673 of 904
Is the stock ROM for 4.4 out yet for mako? What other ROMS have updated to 4.4?
Google hasn't released the 4.4 ROM for the Mako or the Toro, but I have the toro, and there was already a custom 4.4 ROM out for it. No customizations, just stock Android for the most part...

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #674 of 904
I did see some of the unofficial ROMs on Google in the past hour. Some of them have the stock launcher rather than the new KitKat one though.Also I'd rather wait for and official one to come out.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #675 of 904
  Nice, just be careful you don't get a faulty one, as my first one was, and I had to return it and wait another week, which felt like a year.

It should be just fine, it's coming from a trusted friend that lives in another city.

I'm curious how different the pure Android experience will be from my Samsung GT-P6210 and LG Optimus G Pro, which are both running 4.1.2, but of course the tablet has Touchwiz and the phone was loaded up with At&T bloatware(most of which I was able to remove or disable). At least I know the Nexus will get updates from time to time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back