Android-fi!
Apr 28, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #437 of 904
Got my S4 yesterday, get my One tomorrow.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #438 of 904
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #439 of 904
Quote:
Can't wait for the S4 to come out in Australia. I was interested in the HTC but it's just missing some things I want, plus that ugly beats logo on the back. Yuck.

So, as usual, Australia gets the borked US quad-core Qualcom processor version with the integrated (read crap) DAC while Europe gets the octo-core CPU and the Wolfson DAC. 
frown.gif

No S4 for me then until the Euro spec ones are available secondhand.  Why would I 'upgrade' to a phone that sounds way worse than my trusty HTC Desire?

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #441 of 904
Both the S4 and HTC One look good...but im still very happy with my Note 2 to upgrade.

I'll wait for the Note 3 or whatever it will be called

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #442 of 904
Both the S4 and HTC One look good...but im still very happy with my Note 2 to upgrade.

I'll wait for the Note 3 or whatever it will be called
Yeah, I wish the S4 had a bigger screen... :p But great phone, battery might not be the best, but it lasted a while while feeding 2 different USB DACs (The Creative one (I wasn't an audiophool at the time! :p) which the phone powered, and the E7 while on "Don't charge through USB"). :D

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #443 of 904
Anybody know if the upcoming Firefox phone will output USB digital audio?

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #444 of 904
Quote:
Anybody know if the upcoming Firefox phone will output USB digital audio?

I seriously doubt it considering it will be a first generation device.

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #445 of 904
I would say that the developer models were the first generation; evidently they were very well received.

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #446 of 904
Yeah, I wish the S4 had a bigger screen... :p But great phone, battery might not be the best, but it lasted a while while feeding 2 different USB DACs (The Creative one (I wasn't an audiophool at the time! :p) which the phone powered, and the E7 while on "Don't charge through USB"). :D

Haha I know, I'm not sure if I could go back to a smaller screen :p

I find the battery is great if you turn off Data and Wi-fi when you don't really need it. Than the battery lasts quite a while.

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #447 of 904
Haha I know, I'm not sure if I could go back to a smaller screen :p

I find the battery is great if you turn off Data and Wi-fi when you don't really need it. Than the battery lasts quite a while.
will have to do... Also, all the NFC, Bluetooth, and random hand control things might wear on the battery... :rolleyes:

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #448 of 904
will have to do... Also, all the NFC, Bluetooth, and random hand control things might wear on the battery... :rolleyes:
Ya those too but its the wifi and data that are the real killers I think.

Most of that I have off and don't use anyway (maybe I should lol). I do, however, leave my screen brightness max all the time.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #449 of 904
Ya those too but its the wifi and data that are the real killers I think.

Most of that I have off and don't use anyway (maybe I should lol). I do, however, leave my screen brightness max all the time.
I keep my brightness on auto... max might wear down a bit too much power... (It did on my S2 Skyrocket...) that phone was COMPLETE JUNK!

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #450 of 904
I keep my brightness on auto... max might wear down a bit too much power... (It did on my S2 Skyrocket...) that phone was COMPLETE JUNK!
I honestly don't notice too much of a difference in battery power when I had it in auto compared to max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back