.....and, I'm up for air!
Dec 17, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #121 of 273
I also went through a long blackout on headfi. New country, new job, a family of 4 to relocate.
I'm back online only to say hi to you, Tyll.
I miss you (never thought I'd say that to a guy) and your entertaining reviews and articles.
But hey, I also learned that sometimes in life you just have to move on...
All the best to you sir.
Dom

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #122 of 273
I also installed a three-stage water filter (in the Home Depot parking lot). It's about $150 worth of parts you can get at a RV/Marine supply store---of which there is no shortage along the Colorado River in Western AZ.

Basically, I designed the cabinet so that I could pull out all the drawers and take off the top and sink very easily, and allows me access to the space behind the sink.

IMG_2918-M.jpg

IMG_2919-M.jpg

And then with the filters installed.

IMG_2927-M.jpg

And here I'm filling the tank for the first time since I left Montana two months ago.

IMG_2928-M.jpg

Well...not quite true, as I had half filled the tank with an added cup of bleach to sanitize it prior to filling it with drinking water again. What's in there is a 5 micron and 1 micron particulate filter, and then a carbon filter. There are better filters to be had on-line, so I'll be doing some research---particularly into silver impregnated carbon filters. Eventually, I'll also add a UV stage to kill bacteria. Then I'll be able to use a submersible pump to pull water out of streams if needed. For the moment it just makes potable water palatable.
Why do I suddenly feel like I haven't lived yet?

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #124 of 273
Hope the ukulele playing is coming along well! Happy Christmas and soon New Year to you from the UK. Your online presence is missed!

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #125 of 273
Come on Tyll what do you think of the Meze audio Empyrean headphones? I need your blessing
I think it's like asking someone to go to work. Why don't we just take what he offers us, and let him live headphoneless if he wants? Some posts remind me of All In The Family, when Archy asks SDJ to sing for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 27, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #132 of 273

Users who are viewing this thread

Back