Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jul 22, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #3,796 of 3,813
Thank you, I just shared on the Facebook page about the location of the gain trimmer. :wink:

Hi Adding for future reference, the attached picture is for Tur-06 and the arrows depict low and high gain switches, when shipped it is at medium gain. I got the below information from Shikada while placing an order to use the Tur-06 for headphones and iems and how to get more juice when I use 600 ohms headphones and below change in settings can help.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #3,801 of 3,813
I have TU-05 (that I still owe) and TUR-06 (that I sold) and now... I consider buying the new TUR-08 for it's extra power compared to the TU-05 which is All-tube.

I wonder how the TUR-08 sound compared to the TU-05 ? And also, what is the battery life ?

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #3,803 of 3,813
I have TU-05 (that I still owe) and TUR-06 (that I sold) and now... I consider buying the new TUR-08 for it's extra power compared to the TU-05 which is All-tube.

I wonder how the TUR-08 sound compared to the TU-05 ? And also, what is the battery life ?

Thank you for your patronage!

The TU-05's vacuum tube may be small for a flat drive type headphone. There is no problem with the final D8000, but the LCD series is difficult.

The TUR-08 was designed to improve that. Especially in the case of BTL output, it is high power. It's difficult to put into words the tendency of the sound, but the composition is a discrete differential buffer with voltage amplification by vacuum tubes, so it inherits the TUR series. Since it uses elements with a larger sink current than the TUR06, the braking force is strong and the sound is calm. Battery life is about 6-7 hours, almost the same as the TU05mk2.

Another option is the 05desktop, a high power version of the TU-05. The output tube uses 12FQ7 in Para-ingle, so it has 10 times the power of TU-05. Since the transformer is large, the sound tends to be deep in the low range and calm in the high range. (The magnetic material is Hitachi Metals' most advanced magnetic material.)

However, it is not portable as it is AC powered and requires an external power supply. Since it can also be driven by a 12V3A power supply, it is not impossible to use it outside if you prepare an external power supply.

Aug 25, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #3,804 of 3,813

The TU-05's vacuum tube may be small for a flat drive type headphone. There is no problem with the final D8000, but the LCD series is difficult.

The TUR-08 was designed to improve that. Especially in the case of BTL output, it is high power. It's difficult to put into words the tendency of the sound, but the composition is a discrete differential buffer with voltage amplification by vacuum tubes, so it inherits the TUR series. Since it uses elements with a larger sink current than the TUR06, the braking force is strong and the sound is calm. Battery life is about 6-7 hours, almost the same as the TU05mk2.

Another option is the 05desktop, a high power version of the TU-05. The output tube uses 12FQ7 in Para-ingle, so it has 10 times the power of TU-05. Since the transformer is large, the sound tends to be deep in the low range and calm in the high range. (The magnetic material is Hitachi Metals' most advanced magnetic material.)

However, it is not portable as it is AC powered and requires an external power supply. Since it can also be driven by a 12V3A power supply, it is not impossible to use it outside if you prepare an external power supply.
For iem lovers, ( dita perpetua and ier-z1r) what can you recommend? Thank you.

Aug 25, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #3,805 of 3,813

Kageyuki San, since you’re here, any timeline TR17hp on sale?

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpeg
    IMG_2335.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #3,806 of 3,813
For iem lovers, ( dita perpetua and ier-z1r) what can you recommend? Thank you.
I recomend for TU05mk2 or TUR-08
Dita Perpetua : Low Z output
IER-Z1R : Mid Z
(TUR08's gain adjustment is stepless.)
The discrete portable TR-17hp currently under development also has sufficient power. The TR series may also be an effective option if you value power and fatness of sound rather than the clear feeling of a vacuum tube.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #3,808 of 3,813
Sorry. not yet.
I'm currently making final adjustments at my desk.
We hope to start selling by the end of September.

The 17 going to be a current drive amplifier like the 07sp?

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #3,809 of 3,813
Feb 20, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #3,810 of 3,813
Will TR-17HP be available soon?

FYI..Kageyuki San responded to my email on 16 Feb 2024.
We have confirmed the NOSDAC order. I will send you the invoice today. thank you.

Thank you for your expectations regarding the TR-17hp.
The circuit on the final board has increased the efficiency of the power supply, so it will run for more than 6 hours.
Please wait for the announcement.

thank you!
Regards.
Kageyuki S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back