An upgrade in my system. Need help
Feb 27, 2011 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

shpaz

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! How are you all in this fine morning? freezing I guess?

For the last few days I've been reading some threads in this forums and I really liked it so I decided to join and ask my questions.

Im a guy who wants an upgrade in his sound system. Im buying a nre LCD TV in few months and I cant ejnoy the sound using a home theater because I have really thin walls and people tell me to shut in down. Thats why I always used in-ear phones. My current in-ear are the Bose IE2, and to be honest Im not that impressed with them. I also do some sound editing as a guitar player and msic writer. Plus, I LOVE music ( Blues, Country, Rock and Metal).

After reading lots of reviews, I wanted to go for the Sennheiser HD600. But Im not sure anymore. The thing is that im not an audiophile. I just want something that would make music and explosions in action movies to sound awesome! Orgasmic I might add 
biggrin.gif
. Would the HD600 do that or is it something that pro editors would buy so they can listen to the recording excatly as it is. I dont know if you guys got what I mean. Let me give you an example. The HD650 gives the song more bass than the original recording to make the song sounds "better", while the HD600 delivers the sound as it is. Is this a good thing for a guy like me?

Now my last question, if I got the HD600. I would need an amp. Im considering these 3. what do you think guys? which one should I go for?

Little Dot MK II

Little Dot MK I+

Leckerton [size=larger][size=x-small]UHA-4 Slimline USB DAC/Amp[/size][/size]

[size=larger][size=x-small]thanks alot guys :)[/size][/size]

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Start with the headphones.  Get the best (size, comfort, sounds) one can afford.  Then, figure out the amp and the source (or dac).  I don't think you should get a tube amp for movies, and TV.  I'm sure Senns 650 is prob better for your listening habit.  I don't think any headphones can give more bass than the original recording.  Find a neutral headphones and you will be fine.  Senns 650, Akg 701, 702, , etc..  Once u figure out what cans u have, then focus on the amp.  Maybe you might want an amp than can drive high eff. speakers too, 

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 3
oh thanks man. I think Im ganna go for the 650s. what about the amp? which one should i go for? because Im going to but an amp  at the same time Im not gonna wait. I think 5.5 years of waiting is long enough lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back