An In-Depth Headset Round-up Review(Turtle Beach HPX | Astro A40 | Sennhieser PC 350)
Jan 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #61 of 64
I sold my A40 headset but kept the MixAmp. I don't game much anymore but I gave BlackOps a brief run with the MixAmp going into my Audio-GD Fun's line in. I'd normally look down on double amping but considering I was using my HD650 I felt it would help.

The sound was pretty good. There's great impact in the bass and a reasonable soundstage but as much as I love these cans for music, I think you really need a headphone with exaggerated treble to compliment the Dolby Headphone decoder. I was rusty but with the positional queues giving me an unfair advantage I still managed to get a Gunship and dominated a game without dying. Good times.

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #62 of 64
- i want to buy the pc350 for xbox
-I have a rocket fish 3.5 female to 2.5 male for my controller and the turtle beach red and white audio cable
- Do i need a mixamp instead.. If i do witch one should i get

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #63 of 64
...I wish I knew of this review BEFORE I bought the Astro A40s. Big disappointment. I have no idea what kind of EQ or sound processing magic they used in the Mixamp but I feel that the normal stereo headphones sound better. I've used an Audio Technica AD900 on the Mixamp and it's better than the Astro headset. I even tried using the Astro headset on my ASUS STX on PC and trying to get it to work with a 6.3mm connector. Mixed results, I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back