An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Feb 13, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #8,192 of 9,499
Also it was a V6 that was equalling V12 Lambos, Ferraris and Maseratis of that time. The engine was a masterpiece by Chiti and second only to the V6 by Giuseppe Busso. One of the finest Italian powertrains of all time.

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #8,193 of 9,499
Also it was a V6 that was equalling V12 Lambos, Ferraris and Maseratis of that time. The engine was a masterpiece by Chiti and second only to the V6 by Giuseppe Busso. One of the finest Italian powertrains of all time.

Funny intake arrangement for a V6
tongue.gif

images
images
?

Is this where they got the bread? 

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #8,198 of 9,499
  Think how many old Civics and parking lot cones you could buy with that
cool.gif
(maybe a bit less than $10M though 
frown.gif
)

Haha, good.  If I could only find the old grandma mint condition one... Probably be like $5k...

Guess I'll post mine.

That car won me numerous events and fastest of the day titles.  

I know, no big deal.  Cheers bros.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #8,199 of 9,499
Sitting at the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the England vs Australia World Cup Game. The atmospheres electric and looking forward to the India vs Pakistan game tomorrow. It is the rivalry of all rivalries. A combined billion and a half people backing both teams and the fiercest rivalry

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #8,201 of 9,499
Yup, it's known as the Breadbox due to its squarish tail. A $10 million breadbox if you will.

You can find them privately for $3-4M, and that's not a bad price, all things considered. They're going to go a lot higher.

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #8,202 of 9,499
The Alfa 33 Stradale from behind:

The TZ3 Stradale that draws inspiration from the 33 Stradale

How about it Magick? You wont even need to drive it, just sit and stare at it all day and youve done a good days work
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #8,204 of 9,499
I have to confess that I like looking at the Zonda. Seriously, there have been times when I'd eat lunch and look at it for an hour (same thing with the Miura). Speaking of the TZ3, look up the build process of it, it's a Viper in different body panels and a $150k interior. You can buy a 100% spot-on cosmetic re-creation of a Tipo 33 Stradale, with a 100% hydroformed aluminum body, for ~1/4 the cost of an original. That includes a period correct Alfa V8 drivetrain. I have the brochure on my desk at work and I can't tell you how many times I've looked at it and almost pulled the trigger on one.

I'll catch flack for this, but it's my thread, so... :p The problem with most pre-modern era sports cars (and supercars) is, that although they are wonderful to look at, they aren't quite as wonderful to drive. After you get used to the feel of something like a Carrera GT, they're downright primitive and clunky. That isn't to say they aren't fun, and while you can upgrade the brakes, suspension, and tires to improve handling a great deal, there's only so much to work with in other areas, unless you want to make restomods out of them and ruin their aesthetics (and value), which is the main reason you bought them in the first place.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #8,205 of 9,499
These guys might be able to sell you one Magick although I found another car that might catch your interest.

http://www.kidston.com/kidston-cars/2517/1985-Porsche-962

They're essentially Europe's premier brokerage for ultra-rare cars, real A-list, pedigreed stuff there, but they're too expensive for me. I refuse to pay someone what amounts to a 50-100% fee just to connect me to a seller and arrange transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back